You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

help please

MYSHARKYMYSHARKY Member Posts: 895
edited October 2011 in Community Help & Advice
tonight why playing in main event mini and ukops super sat with 3 tables on mini my laptop  could not handle it by the time my cards showed up i was folded if anyone can help me please post here thank you

Comments

• jesusdog22jesusdog22 Member Posts: 348
    edited October 2011
    In Response to help please:
    tonight why playing in main event mini and ukops super sat with 3 tables on mini my laptop  could not handle it by the time my cards showed up i was folded if anyone can help me please post here thank you
    Posted by MYSHARKY
    i think the technical term for this is tough...get a new laptop or only play 1 table at a time
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011
    FIREFOX..
  • BLACK_MASSBLACK_MASS Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please:
    FIREFOX..
    Posted by cleaverjim
    Yes. Is new version firefox bugged for Sky Poker only ? It works fine for everything else like youtube which i listen to whilst playing.
  • Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol)

I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem.

Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!.

I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when...

1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!!

2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST.

Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO.

The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :)

EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
  • rentisduerentisdue Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol) I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem. Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!. I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when... 1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!! 2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO. The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :) EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
    Posted by Die_hard

Same problem aswell mate but not everyday, it only happens from time to time and like yourself it happens no matter what pc or laptop i use and when your playing a load of tables and getting 3 bet every 2 mins it aint half a pain in the @ss waiting ages for the flop to hit the board lol
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol) I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem. Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!. I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when... 1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!! 2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO. The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :) EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
    Posted by Die_hard
    have u tried the download. i cant do more than 3 tables on browser but can 6 table at non peak times with ezz on download
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please : have u tried the download. i cant do more than 3 tables on browser but can 6 table at non peak times with ezz on download
    Posted by The_Don90
    AHHHH - I forgot to say, using the download version starts lagging SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYY after about 5 whole minutes!!!!! In other words, it's virtually unplayable.

FAO anyone from Sky - with this happening to other people, albeit not many, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a coincidence!?!!?!
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please : AHHHH - I forgot to say, using the download version starts lagging SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYY after about 5 whole minutes!!!!! In other words, it's virtually unplayable. FAO anyone from Sky - with this happening to other people, albeit not many, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a coincidence!?!!?!
    Posted by Die_hard
    whats your procsessor in your laptop?

Also you mention your at 100% alot of the time. This suggests to me you need a RAM upgrade or a new processor. thats why i ask.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2011
    Yeah what's the specs of your laptops/ pc's ?

Have you got anything else running in the background whilst playing ?

Have you got any firewalls/anti virus software ? Are you sure none of these anti virus software are updating or scanning your pc whilst you're playing ?

Are you running a wireless connection ?
    edited October 2011
    Ummm, where's the last few posts that were here disappeared to?
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited October 2011
    Ummm, where's the last few posts that were here disappeared to?
    Posted by Die_hard
    There's two threads of the same name. Are you sure they're not in the other one?

edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please : There's two threads of the same name. Are you sure they're not in the other one?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Oh yeah lol. Could do with being merged tbh.