You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

help please

MYSHARKYMYSHARKY Member Posts: 895
edited October 2011 in Community Help & Advice
tonight why playing in main event mini and ukops super sat with 3 tables on mini my laptop  could not handle it by the time my cards showed up i was folded if anyone can help me please post here thank you

Comments

• jesusdog22jesusdog22 Member Posts: 348
    edited October 2011
    In Response to help please:
    tonight why playing in main event mini and ukops super sat with 3 tables on mini my laptop  could not handle it by the time my cards showed up i was folded if anyone can help me please post here thank you
    Posted by MYSHARKY
    i think the technical term for this is tough...get a new laptop or only play 1 table at a time
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011
    FIREFOX..
  • BLACK_MASSBLACK_MASS Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please:
    FIREFOX..
    Posted by cleaverjim
    Yes. Is new version firefox bugged for Sky Poker only ? It works fine for everything else like youtube which i listen to whilst playing.
  • Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol)

I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem.

Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!.

I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when...

1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!!

2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST.

Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO.

The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :)

EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
  • rentisduerentisdue Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol) I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem. Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!. I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when... 1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!! 2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO. The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :) EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
    Posted by Die_hard

Same problem aswell mate but not everyday, it only happens from time to time and like yourself it happens no matter what pc or laptop i use and when your playing a load of tables and getting 3 bet every 2 mins it aint half a pain in the @ss waiting ages for the flop to hit the board lol
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2011
    (Edit - I am extremely frustrated with this if this sound slike I am ranting at all lol) I have lag when multitabling. Have had it for over 9 months whether on IE or firefox. Tech department about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Well it seems that way since they can't solve the problem. Does it on different laptops too (decent spec ones). Yes I have cleared my cookies before anyone says it, AGAIN!. I can almost cope with being timed out of hands occasionally, it's when... 1) it slows right down so every single table does it every hand so I have to leave the rooms that I've been playing in for ages and start to queue up again - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ANNOYING THIS IS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!! 2) I'm on the waiting list for a few tables - someone leaves and the table loads up - SSSSSLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYY - and by the time it's loaded up, oh look - someone else is sat there and I have to reregister for the table - AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Last convo I had about it a Poker Room Manager was going to look into this and get back to me - MONTHS AGO. The only reason I actually still play here and not else where (where I can get 55% rakeback which is non-existant on here (don't start talking about Cash for Points which equates to about 5% rakeback please) is because of the erm, nice players I play against, to be polite :) EDIT: For anyone who might know why the above happens - my cpu usage varies between 90-100% when I have more than a couple of tables open (it normally sits about 15%ish) , sometimes staying on 100% for 10/20 seconds at a time. I have a very good spec laptop with lots of RAM etc so I very much doubt it is that until someone tells me otherwise. Anything else I have open works perfectly whilst this is happening, however, even when closing my 24 tabs of internet down - it makes no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will not be playing here after October is over if this isn't sorted. TYVM :)
    Posted by Die_hard
    have u tried the download. i cant do more than 3 tables on browser but can 6 table at non peak times with ezz on download
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please : have u tried the download. i cant do more than 3 tables on browser but can 6 table at non peak times with ezz on download
    Posted by The_Don90
    AHHHH - I forgot to say, using the download version starts lagging SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYY after about 5 whole minutes!!!!! In other words, it's virtually unplayable.

FAO anyone from Sky - with this happening to other people, albeit not many, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a coincidence!?!!?!
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: help please : AHHHH - I forgot to say, using the download version starts lagging SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYY after about 5 whole minutes!!!!! In other words, it's virtually unplayable. FAO anyone from Sky - with this happening to other people, albeit not many, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a coincidence!?!!?!
    Posted by Die_hard
    whats your procsessor in your laptop?

Also you mention your at 100% alot of the time. This suggests to me you need a RAM upgrade or a new processor. thats why i ask.
  • MYSHARKYMYSHARKY Member Posts: 895
    edited October 2011
     i was on download to had close all my tables and try browser version a little better i can normanly have up yo 6 tables open with no problems was just asking if anyone could help as i not great with the tec stuff with computers
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited October 2011
    Basically the amount of the tables u can run depends on how much RAM u have and and how much is being taken up by other processes!

press CTRL-ALT-DEL look in the task manager and end all non-essential processes (this includes anti-virus) they're a waste of time IMO and use a ton of resources....anyway, yeah so best to end everything apart from the bare-bone processes ur computer needs....if ur not sure of a process then google it, also pretty much remove everything from ur start-up folder (programs that windoze auto-starts everytime ur start ur computer)...alternatively right click all the icons next to ur 'clock' and see what u can close, i have no more than 3-4 icons there at a time...'Sound' 'Wireless Strength', 'Laptop Battery' and my Graphics Card settings thing...everything else is gone!

now...in my experience playing on sky on my laptop using the Download client, i used to have 2Gb ram, then 4gb now i have 8gb ram...so

with

2gb = you can expect to play 3-4 tables
    4gb =  "" "" 7-8 tables
    8gb =  "" "" 12+ tables

• POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2011
    Any less than 4GB Memory (RAM) imo, is going to make multi-tabling lag.

I use the download with home base PC which is hard wired to broadband box via ethernet cable.
    I have 4GB RAM & Duel Core Processor and can multi-table anything up to 10 tables with no real problems on the download.

What type of PC are you using? (Not a Netbook hopefully?)
    Is your PC Hard wired to your broadband box or are you using wireless?
    Have you also checked out your Broadband Speed?
    Latest version of Adobe Flash Player & Adobe Air also need to be up to date too.

Anti-Virus software such as Norton etc also slows things down a great deal as it uses far too much memory imo.
    If I am not using the download, I usually open tables in "Internet Explorer" as other browsers seam a bit sluggish.

Microsoft Security Essentials works much better and uses less resorces.
    edited October 2011
    My laptop (Acer Aspire 8930G) is about 2 years old which I suppose is old technology these days.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo  T6400 @ 2.00GHz

4GB RAM (3GB Usable).

Windows Experience Index - 3.8

On task Manager the only thing of any significance (using memory) is IE (or Firefox if I open Sky Poker on that) so there's nothing else slowing it down.

For info, I play 7/8 tables at once. This lag doesn't actually happen EVERY time which is something else that confuses me. I also have no problem playing 12 tables on 3 other sites.

Using wireless Sky BB which is a monster speed of 2.6 (the max I can physically get through the phone line). This has always been the same since 4 years ago.

Using ESET antivirus - can't really see that causing any problems. As said, it works fine for a while then gradually slows down.
    edited October 2011
    Ah theres your problem 3gig ram and only 4Ghz procsessing power mate.

Id really be looking to upgreade that soon.
    edited October 2011
    Ah theres your problem 3gig ram and only 4Ghz procsessing power mate. Id really be looking to upgreade that soon.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I might do that then, however, I just played for 4 hours this afternoon, 8 tables, with no lag whatsoever when playing (it did load the tables up slowly so I missed out on sitting down on SOME them).

So surely if it was the RAM being the reason why it would do it every time?

Is the processor good enough? Would I just need more RAM (if this is why)? Don't particularly want to have to fork out for another laptop - this one cost £900 2 years ago.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2011
    No those specs are perfectly fine.

If at all possible try using an ethernet cable to connect to your router and see if it sorts the problem out.

edited October 2011
    Re: my problem (sry if I've thread-hijacked), I haven't used a cable or done anything different, however, the lag hasn't been too bad the last week or so BUT when I'm first on waiting lists for rooms, by the time the table has loaded (when someone leaves) most of the time it says table full and someone else has joined - ie it took so flamin long to load!
    Then yet again, after spending so many minutes/hours on a wtg list I then have to go back to the bottom of it again. It is getting right on my t**s !