You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Midweek footy betting (18th/19th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Sundays tidy 5/1 4 way coming in saved my weekend for me a bit & with a few games over the next couple of nights I'm hoping to keep that winning feeling.

Just the one 4 way for Tuesday to begin with

Ipswich to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 10/11
Leeds to beat Coventry (H) @ 8/13
Palace to beat Bristol City (H) @ 10/11
Bayern to beat Napoli (A) @ evens

These 4 pay a very nice 10/1

After a poor start to the season the Tractor Boys have turned things around & are now unbeaten in 5, winning 3 of those. They would have made it 4 wins from 5 had it not been for a very poor penalty decision going against them at Cardiff on Saturday when they were 2-1 up. They've won their last 3 at Portman Road against Leeds, Coventry & Brighton & now find themselves just 1 point outside of the play off spots. Portsmouth have drawn 2 & lost 3 of their 5 on the road so far this term. Their search for a new manager started today & whilst they took maximum points at home to Barnsley on Saturday evening I think Ipswich will be too strong for them.
Leeds were really good at Elland Road last season & they've carried that form over to this term with 4 wins & only 1 defeat in the 5 played there so far. The only side to take points off them so far were Middlesbrough who are unbeaten on the road themselves. Struggling Coventry travel to Elland Road tomorrow night & the omens are not good for them. They've got the worst away record in the division with just a single point from 5 on the road so far & have lost the last 3 meetings against Leeds. You have to go back to April 1998 for the last time they took anything away from Elland Road where they managed a point in a 3-3 draw. With Leeds scoring an average of 2 goals per game at home this term this should be a fairly comfortable win for them.
Palace don't lose too many at Selhurst Park these days & I'm surprised their price isn't shorter than this when rock bottom Bristol City roll into town tomorrow night. They're in decent form at the moment as they come into this game unbeaten in 3 (2 wins) & only Boro have taken maximum points from Selhurst this term. It's easy to see why City are rooted to the bottom of the division as they've only a single win to their name all season. They've taken just 1 point from their last 6 games & went down 5-0 to Blackpool in their last outing on the road. I'm not suggesting that Palace will do the same but they should have enough to get the job done & at this price it's well worth backing them.
Bayern are the riskiest pick of the 4 imo but even money is too good to refuse. They've won their opening two group games against Man City & Villareal & are already 5 points clear at the top of the Budesliga after 9 games. They've still only conceded one goal in all competitions this term (14 games) & that came in their only defeat this season when they lost 1-0 at home to Borussia Monchengladbach on the opening day of the league season. Napoli are also unbeaten in their opening two Champions League games with a draw away at City & a win at home to Villareal but Bayern will provide a much sterner test for them. They're currently 6th in Serie A & come into this game on the back of a 2-1 home defeat by Parma at the weekend. They'll put up a fight & certainly won't make it easy for the Germans but I think Bayern will edge it.

Good luck if you're having a go

Jay

Comments

• FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2011
    alex i think ive lost it 1pound trixie inter fcbasle an napoli nurse more bromide
  • SR21090SR21090 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    Nice bets jay, im a little suprised you dont have an outside punt on the hammers beating the saints tonight, the odds are pretty high for a team of your quality, but your probaly like me i dont like backing my own team, but tonight against bristol city we should be a sure thing, then again consitinsy is not are strong point.

Outside punt.
    1. Blackpool v Doncaster Blackpool @ 4/6
    2. Crystal Palace v Bristol City Crystal Palace @ 5/6
    3. Peterborough v Cardiff Cardiff @ 7/4
    4. Ipswich v Portsmouth Ipswich @ 10/11
    5. FC Basel v Benfica Benfica @ 11/10
    6. Southampton v West Ham West Ham @ 21/10

certain winner.
    Alfreton Town v Fleetwood Fleetwood @ 4/6 Manchester City v Villarreal Manchester City @ 3/10 Crystal Palace v Bristol City Crystal Palace @ 5/6 Blackpool v Doncaster Blackpool @ 4/6 Leeds v Coventry Leeds @ 8/13

Few quid on each, good luck all!

• silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2011
    I must admit I was really tempted to stick a little on us cos 21/10 is a big price but I try to avoid jinxing us! I feel quite confident about tonight though. I know they've won 16 on the trot at St Marys but these runs have got to come to an end sooner or later so why not tonight. Seen the line ups & we've Baldock & Carew starting up front again. Should be a cracking game & I'll be happy with a point.
  • chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited October 2011
    1. Reading v Derby Reading @ 8/11
    2. Blackpool v Doncaster Blackpool @ 4/6
    3. York v Cambridge York @ 8/11
    4. Newport County v Kettering Newport County @ 4/5
    5. Kidderminster v Braintree Kidderminster @ 11/10
    6. Leeds v Coventry Leeds @ 8/13
  • chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited October 2011
    1. FC Basel v Benfica Benfica @ 11/10
    2. Manchester City v Villarreal Manchester City @ 3/10
    3. Napoli v Bayern Munich Bayern Munich @ 5/6
    4. Real Madrid v Lyon Real Madrid @ 1/5
    5. Otelul Galati v Manchester Utd Manchester Utd @ 1/5
    edited October 2011
    Thank God Leeds conceded an injury time equaliser. I know Bayern were my risky pick but had they been the only ones to let me down I would've been slightly annoyed seeing as they not only scored an own oal but also missed a penalty!
    edited October 2011
    There's no value about in the match results market for tonight so I've had to go searching to find something worthwhile.

I've taken a punt on a 6 way.

Arsenal to win or draw (away at Marseille) @ 8/13
    Porto to beat APOEL (H) @ 1/4
    Barcelona to score 4+ Goals @ 4/7
    Chelsea - Win to nil @ 4/7
    Leicester to beat Watford (H) @ 8/15
    Preston/Sheff Utd - Both to Score @ 4/7

Should this roll then then it pays a juicy 11/1.

Marseille are struggling in Ligue 1 & whilst they may have kept two clean sheets in their opening CL games they've conceded a bundle in the league against arguably poorer opposition than Arsenal. TBH, I wouldn't put too many people off backing Arsenal to win here @ 9/4 as that's a big price & they've a good record against French opposition but the double chance is a better bet imo.
    Porto were super string at home last season & have continued that into this term. They've only dropped points there against Benfica this term & really should see off APOEL quite comfortably, even if they are surprise group leaders after two games.
    Barcelona have scored a whopping 21 goals at home with none conceded in their 4 league games so far. The least they've scored in a game at the Nou Camp this term was 3 against Racing Santander whilst they've put 5 past Villareal & 8 past Osasuna. They should get a few more tonight & this looked worth the gamble.
    Despite Chelsea making several changes for tonight's game they've still got a **** strong side out there not to mention their bench. Genk come into this tie on the back of 3 straight defeats & have yet to score a goal in the group games this term. On top of all that they're missing 6 first team regulars so I can't see them causing Chelsea too many problems.
    Leicester were the joint pre season favourites for the title at the beginning of August but they've yet to live up to their billing. They lost at Birmingham on Sunday so need the points here & should get them against a Watford side who don't travel well.
    Preston & Sheff Utd are two sides who have been sharing the goals about this term & there should be a few at Deepdale tonight. This fixture produced 4 goals last term & it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar amount this evening.

Good luck if you're having a go.