You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

who is the best poker pro?

nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
i posed this question in the shed and didnt get many responses so im posting it he too. who do you think the greatest poker pro of all time is,just leave the name or reasons if you want, maybe we could count them at the end and see who comes top. for me it is definatley hellmuth, although many think hes an arrogant knob, the calls he makes are unbelievable and the braclets speak for them selves. everyone leave a post.

Comments

• Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    Richard "Vince" Orford...no doubt
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2009
    i know you said 1 player, but i have 2 which i just cannot separate  because they have qualities that if you joined you would have for me the most complete poker player ever!! :)
    For me it has to be between chris ferguson and phil ivey .... why?
    Chris ferguson is one of the most disciplined players i have ever seen, as well as being a mathmatical genius he is not afraid to fold top hands and generally has very good instincts for when people are trying to bluff him.
    Phil ivey ... makes plays that most would not even dare to do, but he gets his opponents lined up and in position and then bang will take a monster pot down with nothing whatsoever!! he just makes it so hard for opponents to play him and read him.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Daniel Negreanu for me.

Ok, so it's probably Phil Ivey, but you've got to love Danny boy.

Hellmuth is over-rated as is Brunson. Before everyone starts bringing up their Sunday roasts, please note I am making a clear distinction between poor and over-rated. They are quite clearly exceptional players, this does not however exclude them from being over-rated.

The GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) is probably Stu Ungar but this is a debate which will never end.

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited October 2009

For me its hard to choose who is the best although my personal favorites are Annette Obrestad and Barry Greenstien.

Ability wise i think ill go with Chris Ferguson however to answer this question.

• Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2009
    phil ivey,no doubt.He was my number 1 before he made this years main event final table and this years WSOP results speak for themselves.

he is also great fun to watch,he makes moves others wouldnt even dream of trying.
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited October 2009
    tom durrrrrr dwain for me complete online poker pro, love the way he got up hellmuths nose. phil ivey is best player by a country mile tho!!!
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited October 2009
    helmuth end ove ....as tina turner said simply the best