You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Just my luck

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Well, I have realised that my luck is bang out, as you all know, last night was the night for the freeroll and the password was to be given out during the show between 9-9.30, the show had begun when I realised I had forgotten to take my medication, so of coure went to take it, went back to the show ready for the password, when I heard the password of course I immedialtely entered the password, unfortunately, only to find that the tourny was already full, so with no games to play as there was not one available I did my usual and read the forum, it was there I discovered that tikay had given a big clue out as to the password, this would have to have been the time I was away taking my medication, it was totaly my own stupid fault for forgetting it, I am now so cheesed off with myself its unbelievable.

I have eluded to the fact that my memory is nowhere near what is should be, somethings stick, but a lot of things dont and do forget a lot of things, this has made me raise a serious question as to whether I should be playing poker at all and am going to have to have a serious think as to what I do next.

Whatever my decison, I will of couse let you all know, allthough I dont know how long it will take.

Be lucky on the tables and all take care

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    sorry to hear that barry--- my short term memory is a bit dodgy too, but i dont think it affects my poker in any way, just keep making notes on players while you are playing, I'm sure you'll be fine---  you would be sorely missed here mate, and on the tables too--- oh well--hopefully you'll forget to have a serious think and carry on regardless---lol---good luck mate---oynutter
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Just my luck:
    sorry to hear that barry--- my short term memory is a bit dodgy too, but i dont think it affects my poker in any way, just keep making notes on players while you are playing, I'm sure you'll be fine---  you would be sorely missed here mate, and on the tables too--- oh well--hopefully you'll forget to have a serious think and carry on regardless---lol---good luck mate---oynutter
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol Hi m8

Its isnt just that, I also totaly forgot to check my emails yesterday, and even forgot the SUPER6, im in a state of turmoil, and confidence is lower that a worm :)
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Just my luck : Lol Hi m8 Its isnt just that, I also totally forgot to check my emails yesterday, and even forgot the SUPER6, im in a state of turmoil, and confidence is lower that a worm :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    sounds like you've just got too much on your plate there barry, perhaps you should sort out the most important things and just forget the rest for a while, I'm sure we can find someone to take over the deepy promotions each day. i dont mind doing it on the days i'm definitely here, try lessening your load for a bit m8, you really are doing a lot on the site, all these things are bound to make you forget stuff. You have taken a lot on----Try making a list of all the stuff you have to remember and then see which ones you can leave for a while and all the ones you could delegate to someone else---hopefully your confidence will return once you stop worrying about forgetting things---good luck mate--oynutter
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Just my luck : sounds like you've just got too much on your plate there barry, perhaps you should sort out the most important things and just forget the rest for a while, I'm sure we can find someone to take over the deepy promotions each day. i dont mind doing it on the days i'm definitely here, try lessening your load for a bit m8, you really are doing a lot on the site, all these things are bound to make you forget stuff. You have taken a lot on----Try making a list of all the stuff you have to remember and then see which ones you can leave for a while and all the ones you could delegate to someone else---hopefully your confidence will return once you stop worrying about forgetting things---good luck mate--oynutter
    Posted by oynutter
    This all sounds like excellent advice.
    There are several of us who can do the promotional work for the deepstack (although obviously not as well as yourself!). Just ask and someone will do it.
    You should just get back to enjoying your poker and the forum.
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    Barry - Eat more oily fish

Don't leave us, whatever you do.
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    Heres hoping u decide 2 continue Barry. All the best. John
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Sorry to hear about your concerns Barry. I often find stress can effect my health. Perhaps you need to limit your responsibilities to the Community (which make you have to worry about if you should promote the deepies, or should TK, on that day etc...) and just chill, play some poker when you are well enough and have some fun on the Community pages when you feel like it. Then when you are up to it, you can pick up the batton again and start promoting on the Forum.

It is better that you stay playing poker (which you obviously enjoy) rather than stop because you are making yourself stressed.

P.s. you maybe in the freeroll at 6pm tonight?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi m8 This is something I don’t admit to lightly, and is difficult to disclose, but some of you may have guessed, I do suffer from Depression, Stress and anxiety attacks, and there are times when my brain does a Johnny 5 and my head becomes all jumbled is the best way to describe it hence the original post and whether I should still play poker. Things have now thankfully settled down again and think and hope I am ready to resume “Normal Service” Many grateful thanks for you support peeps, its what makes this site what it is J
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    a cup of horlicks and a good nights sleep was just what the doctor ordered hey bazza. chin up mate and keep up the good work
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited October 2009
    Big Kisses Barry.

I'm gutted to hear that you didn't make the freeroll last night... It pretty much filled up as soon as the Boss started singing (probably in protest!)

There will be many other nights and many other tourneys and I for for one will be EXTREMELY sad if you are in any way upset on our behalf :(

Plus I can barely remember my own name.

xSarah
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    edited October 2009

Yo Barry,

Glad you are OK now. You are family here.

Take it easy, don't worry about the Deepie Threads, just relax & enjoy the Site.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Lisa-Marie (Sarah:)

No, it was far from being on your behalf, as I said, I was totally and utterly at fault, If I had rememberd my medication hindsight again :)
    I blame Rich :)

Enjoyed the show immensly by he way, you pulled it of v well and your nerves defo did not show.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Hi m8   This is something I don’t admit to lightly, and is difficult to disclose, but some of you may have guessed, I do suffer from Depression, Stress and anxiety attacks, and there are times when my brain does a Johnny 5 and my head becomes all jumbled is the best way to describe it hence the original post and whether I should still play poker.   Things have now thankfully settled down again and think and hope I am ready to resume “Normal Service”   Many grateful thanks for you support peeps, its what makes this site what it is J
    Posted by acebarry10
    Try to take it easy Barry, no need to worry about the Poker too much, just play it when you are in the mood to. We all look out for each other here.
    Dave
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi all

Have a lump in my throat while typing this, I dont know if this is gonna sound, but, this community is like sitting in pub somewhere and being able to tell your innermost secrets to over a pint, (or tea/coffee tikay:) knowing/hoping they dont mind and are happy to help at the drop of a hat, there are no suerplative left that can adiquately describe this community, Presenter and Analysyts.

Thanks again all
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited October 2009
    hope  your  feeling  well    baz  dont  leave   the  forum  NEEDS  YOU   hope  to  see  u  at  the  tables  m8
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    depends what pub your drinking in bazza lol
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    Only just spotted this Barry. You do a fantastic job on here so take a little break and come back refreshed. We can't rely on Tikay's memory so you're the man.

Alan.
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    You are well loved here barry , brave of you to share your difficulties with us . Like the previous posts said , take it easy and dont worry if you miss something .
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    Bazza!!!You are the sky poker forum linchpin. 

You know if things are getting on top of u all u need to do is yell and there is a lot of people on here (me being right at the front) who would be there to help you out however we could. :)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2009
    this community is like sitting in pub somewhere and being able to tell your innermost secrets to over a pint
    Posted by acebarry10
    You won't find me spilling my innermost secrets in this site! No, if I mentioned the cross dressing thing here it would be all over the internet in no time. Always know when to keep it ZIPPED!

You take care of yourself Barry & chill for a while.

All the best

Elliot