You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cant believe this

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tayoissac Small blind  25.00 25.00 2340.00
Villan Big blind  50.00 75.00 6655.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

pokemon Call  50.00 125.00 1350.00
The_Don90 Call  50.00 175.00 1480.00
tayoissac Call  25.00 200.00 2315.00
Villan Check     
Flop

• K
  • J

tayoissac Check     
Villan Check     
pokemon Check     
The_Don90 Bet  100.00 300.00 1380.00
tayoissac Fold     
Villan Call  100.00 400.00 6555.00
pokemon Fold     
Turn

Villan Check     
The_Don90 Bet  200.00 600.00 1180.00
Villan Call  200.00 800.00 6355.00
River

• A

Villan Check     
The_Don90 Check     
Villan Show

The_Don90 Show
  • K

Villan Win Flush to the Ace 800.00  7155.00
This was a £1 double your money.

I should have raised pre-flop, but the villan was calling anything (even before he had a big stack) and everyone else was rather passive. Even after the flop this is shown, where he needed runners. and the lucky swine got them. He took me out on the river too later on in the game

Comments

• Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2009
    Ahhhh the beauty of poker!! that happened to me a couple of times yesterday.... same thing had i raised pre-flop instead i slow played and it came back an bit me on the behind :( had i raised would the person that hit the flush called ... i doubt it. It's always going to be a learning process isn't it :)

Then there are players who just chase all the time and hit and there is nothing i know of that can stop that from happening :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited October 2009

Amazing stuff Don.

But you gotta be pleased - these are EXACTLY the opponents you want!

Here's the odds, rounded up to the nearest 1%.

Pre-Flop - 64% - 36%

Flop - 91% - 9%

Turn - 73% 27%.

So pray he's on your Table every game, & you'll soon be rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Note, by the way, the pre-Flop %'s. He was only 2/1 to win pre - which is a good stat for everyone to remember. We are never very far ahead in this game.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    Been looking all over the tables for this guy Villan....can't find him anywhere.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Cant believe this:
    Been looking all over the tables for this guy Villan....can't find him anywhere.
    Posted by elsadog
     LOL  hey my man  !!!  nice one glk   see  ya laters ........
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    Posted by elsadog
    That's because its a different player!!!! You're looking for Villain ;)
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    Unlucky Don.
    I get this type of thing happening all the time on the lower value DYM games.
    Some players will call with any two all the way just hoping to hit and sometimes they do but in the long run these players don't win often enough to make a profit, so just keep hoping they are on your table so you can get there chips.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks guys.

Sorry for my spelling, i wanted to cover the players name out of respect.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009

imo they way you played this don you wre very lucky he didnt take more chips off you, your bet of 100 was not big enough and maybe he was fishing and hoping to hit somet to get you out so he doubles up, and the bet of 200 after the turn is pretty poor also, if hes got any sort of hand he is calling that hoping to hit and remove you from the game, i think you got away from this hand in the cheapest way possible, it wasnt that bad a play from villain and he did what most players would do in that £1 DYM, he has huge stack and you have very little, cant see why you would want to play him again after he has just bossed you for the past hour PMSL

• Options
    edited October 2009
    again like i stated he was calling with every hand even before he was big stack. Thats actually how he became big stack calling two all ins on one hand with what i remember was nothing.

I bet small as i was warry of my kicker.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009

cant believe what? someone with 6500 chips calling for a total of 300 chips for a possible flush?

you better get used to it because that must be one of the lesser examples of fish ive seen....
    as tk says these are the calls you want you will beat them in the long run(honest)
    good luck...dave

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    From the few hands I've seen of yours, you play very loose and very passive.

You need to stop limping PF with hands, you have the button here and a suited K, that is def. raising range so make it 200 to go PF.

Well done for checking back river tho.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    with top pair in these games you really need to find out where you are, whoppa bet the flop here, then you can be reasonably sure that if you get called, he does have a hand, 100 is just a pot builder that you might bet if you've flopped trips and are looking for a reraise from a nutter, you definitely spotted one there anyway, hope you made a note--gl
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    with top pair in these games you really need to find out where you are, whoppa bet the flop here, then you can be reasonably sure that if you get called, he does have a hand, 100 is just a pot builder that you might bet if you've flopped trips and are looking for a reraise from a loonie, you definitely spotted one there anyway, hope you made a note--gl
    Posted by oynutter
    Why you bringing me into it i've never done anything to you. Please edit this post to 'looking for a reraise from a oynutter'.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Cant believe this : Why you bringing me into it i've never done anything to you. Please edit this post to 'looking for a reraise from a oynutter'.
    Posted by loonytoons
      sorry loony-- dont know what i was thinking there mate--- job done----see you in the one chip--gl
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    seen far far worse.