You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with football bet rules

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Im not that much of an expert on all types of bet so can someone please help me.

I put a football bet on, only small but it was for the first goalscorer and correct score @22/1. With the score at 0-0 my chosen player was subtituted, so was no longer on the field of play. The final score was 1-0 which was my prediction.
My question is,
1) should i have got the win for the correct score only at 11/2
2) should the bet have become void and i get my stake back
3) Do i lose the bet.

Skybet says i lose the bet, its not loads of money but i thought the bet then went to correct score only, at the very least i would have thought that my bet should have been voided. If a goal had already been scored i would understand. In their terms it does not give a difinitive answer to this scenario, customer support weren't sure either and have ''moved my query upstairs'' If they are correct and i don't get paid, that means if your chosen player gats injured after 5 minutes, your bets doomed.

Comments

• Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2011

I'm not 100% sure but if a player starts on the field and is substituted, he is still classed as being "in play". Only if a player starts on the bench and a goal is scored would your bet be void. Not sure what would happen if he came on and scored though, although I am certain that the rule will be covered in the "small print". 

Let us know what the outcome is

Good luck

Keith
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited October 2011
    I'm afraid they are correct,you lose.If your player had come on as a sub and it finished 1-0 you may of been paid on the 1-0(depending on different bookies rules)but as he started and went off its a loser.
    Hoped this has helped someway.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2011
    Cheers guys, actually i wont be putting any more of these type of bets on, there too hard to win lol. On the plus side they gave my a free £5 bet for keeping me waiting so long, so thats a result eh!!!