You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Midweek footy betting (25th/26th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
I really thought I was in for a pay day on Sunday until Chelsea decided to let everyone down. Never mind though, there's a few games tomorrow & Wednesday (mainly tomorrow) so hopefully I've found a small price acca to get me back to winning ways (& God knows I need it!)

Huddersfield to win or draw (away to Scunthorpe) @ 1/3
Southend to win or draw (away to Barnet) @ 2/7
Crawley to beat Dagenham (H) @ 4/11
Shrewsbury to beat Accrington (H) @ 8/11
Torquay/AFC Wimbledon - Both to score @ 4/7

These 5 potentially pay 5/1 so big enough to get me back on track.

Huddersfield go into this game unbeaten in 39 regular league games & they'll be looking to extend that record at Scunny. TBH, I was very tempted to back the outright win @ 11/10 but the problem with these unbeaten runs is they come to an end sooner or later. Scunny are not having the best of times this term with only 2 wins at Glanford Park this season but they are capable of getting a point from this game which is why I've backed the double chance market here.
Barnet are back in the bottom two & it's looking like another long season for them. They lost Saturdays 6 pointer at Hereford & need to get back on track but Southend will provide a stern test. The Shrimpers currently sit in 2nd spot & come into this game unbeaten in 7, winning 6 of those. The only reason I've backed the double chance market here is pretty much the same as the Huddersfield game. These unbeaten runs are gonna end sooner or later & Barnet are more than capable of getting a result when you least expect it. They nearly did it up at Shrewsbury a few weeks back & won last time out at Underhill against Aldershot.
Crawley sit on top of League 2 & despite losing a two goal lead at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday they went on to win the game 5-2. They're very strong at home with only Swindon coming away from Broadfield with anything this season. They've won their last 6 straight & really should make that 7 when Dagenham & Redbridge make the trip to Sussex. The Daggers come into this game with just 1 win & 7 defeats in the last 8 league games & are only out of the bottom two by a single point. 
Shrewsbury have only picked up one point from their last two games but they should get back to winning ways at Greenhous Meadow when Accrington roll into town. Once again they've been superb at home this term & have yet to lose there with only Plymouth taking points off them on the opening day. They've won their last 5 there. Accrington themselves are unbeaten on the road this term but 5 of those 6 games have ended in draws & 3 of those were against sides struggling down the bottom.
Like Peterborough last season, Torquay are looking like the team to back in the both to score market whenever they're playing at Plainmoor. As I mentioned the other week, the only game to be played there where both sides haven't scored came at the beginning of September when they beat Macclesfield 3-0. They've both scored & conceded in every other game played there. Similarly Wimbledon are another side who are always likely to concede as many as they score. In fact, so far they've conceded more than they've scored but are in 9th spot & only outside the play off spots on goal difference.

Good luck if you're having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited October 2011
    HAVE'NT PUT A BET HERE IN AWHILE AND STILL NO WINNERS EITHER WAY HERE GOES

GL ALL

HARTLEPOOL
    HUDDERSFIELD
    CHARLTON
    SOUTHEND
    SHREWSBURY  ALL TO WIN 5 ACCUM. PAYS 161.70

AND BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 5 ACCUM. 91.66

PALACE V STHAMPTO
    BURY V NOTTS CTY
    PRESTON V OLDHAM
    SHEFF UTD  V MK
    BRISTOL RVRS  V PORT VALE
    SWINDON  V  GILLINGHAM
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2011
    I couldn't help myself so I've had a squid on an 8 way long shot. All picked from gut feeling.

Man Utd (-1) to beat Aldershot (A) @ 8/15
    Preston to beat Oldham (H) @ 10/11
    Huddersfield to beat Scunthorpe (A) @ evens
    Charlton to beat Wycombe (A) @ 5/6
    Southend to beat Barnet (A) @ evens
    Crawley (-1) to beat Dagenham (H) @ evens
    Cheltenham to beat Crewe (H) @ 8/11
    Oxford to beat Plymouth (H) @ 4/9

Should I get lucky & these 8 roll in then it pays a whopping 106/1. Here's hoping : )
  • Options
    dafox27dafox27 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Midweek footy betting (25th/26th):
    I really thought I was in for a pay day on Sunday until Chelsea decided to let everyone down. Never mind though, there's a few games tomorrow & Wednesday (mainly tomorrow) so hopefully I've found a small price acca to get me back to winning ways (& God knows I need it!)
    Huddersfield to win or draw (away to Scunthorpe) @ 1/3
    Southend to win or draw (away to Barnet) @ 2/7
    Crawley to beat Dagenham (H) @ 4/11
    Shrewsbury to beat Accrington (H) @ 8/11
    Torquay/AFC Wimbledon - Both to score @ 4/7
    These 5 potentially pay 5/1 so big enough to get me back on track.
    Posted by silentbob
    Cheers for the heads up with this bet pal i copied yours but swapped Torquay bet for Oxford to win.
    £5 @ 5/1 :)
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2011
    I had Micheal Owen to score two or more at 6-1 (Dohh) and Jason Roberts to score first at 7-1, price may still be available at Sky Bet.
  • Options
    ratty06ratty06 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I dunno about J Roberts 1st. I cant see Blackburn scoring at all!
  • Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011

Man city 4 1 wolves,£10