You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Buying a Laptop

Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
edited October 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I've had a couple nice cashes recently and might buy a laptop with some of the winnings.

I don't know much about computers so could anyone point me to the best lappy I could get for about £400 (Will primarily be used for poker)

But I may buy a new computer tower instead, any reccomendations there? Can you buy them on there own?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2011
    If you've got space for a tower then i'd always recommend them over laptops.

You get so much more for your money.

I would have to look around at pre-built towers before I can recommend any though as I always build my own.
  • Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Buying a Laptop:
    If you've got space for a tower then i'd always recommend them over laptops. You get so much more for your money. I would have to look around at pre-built towers before I can recommend any though as I always build my own.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    The reason i might get a lappy though is that I like the idea of not having to stay in the same place when playing poker and my stepdad also likes playing but we don't have enough room atm for another whole comp.

Are towers cheaper? If so then I may buy one and a bigger monitor.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited October 2011
    £400 would get you a reasonable laptop but with a small screen.

£400 would get you a decent desktop PC with a large monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.  I just looked on the PC World website and there is a reasonable PC on there for £379.99.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-x1430-desktop-pc-black-11180297-pdt.html

You could look for something from online only companies and get better deals but then you'll have to wait for delivery etc.

• Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Buying a Laptop:
    £400 would get you a reasonable laptop but with a small screen. £400 would get you a decent desktop PC with a large monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.  I just looked on the PC World website and there is a reasonable PC on there for £379.99. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-x1430-desktop-pc-black-11180297-pdt.html You could look for something from online only companies and get better deals but then you'll have to wait for delivery etc.
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks Machka, i'm not one for buying something straight away so will definitely still look around a bit but that looks good so there's a good chance I'll buy it.

Thanks for the link :)