You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting (29th/30th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Once again it was a case of so close yet so far away. After Chelsea last weekend it was Wimbledon’s turn to let me down in midweek by failing to convert one of their many chances at Torquay. Never mind, that’s the pitfalls of sports betting. Study the form book all you want but come kick off it’s entirely out of your hands.

So on to this weekend & we’ve a full programme to choose from. Just the two bets to start with from me for tomorrow.

Main Acca:

Man City (-1) to beat Wolves (H) @ 1/2

Rochdale/Leyton Orient – Both to score @ 8/13

Cheltenham to beat Plymouth (H) @ 4/7

Crawley to beat Accrington Stanley (H) @ 2/5

Swindon to beat Bradford (H) @ 8/13

These 5 pay a juicy 15/2. I don’t usually do more than four picks for my main acca but I couldn’t decide which was the best one to drop so I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.

City’s reserves tonked Wolves in the League cup in midweek & tomorrow it’s the turn of their first 11 to get the job done. They’ve a perfect record at home in the league this term & only Villa have managed to score against them at The Etihad. Wolves have scored only 8 league goals all season & only 3 of those have come away from Molineux. They’re in for a tough time tomorrow & City really should see them off comfortably. It’s a pitiful 1/6 for an outright home win so the 1/2 to win by 2 or more is very appealing.

Both Rochdale & Leyton Orient have got goals in them but luckily for us punters they like to concede too. Rochdale have kept only 1 clean sheet in their last 6 at Spotland in the league but have also scored in all of them. Likewise, The O’s also have only one clean sheet on their last 6 on the road which came in the 0-0 draw at Chesterfield at the start of September. That’s also the only game they’ve failed to score in. There were goals in their two meetings last term too with Orient winning 2-1 at The Matchroom Stadium & a 1-1 draw at Spotland.

Cheltenham lost their first league game in 6 on Tuesday when bogey side Crewe took the points in a 1-0 win at Whaddon Road but there should be no repeat when Plymouth roll into town. Tuesdays defeat aside, The Robins had won their previous 4. Plymouth come into this game having lost their last 2, the latest of which came on Tuesday night when they lost 5-1 at Oxford. Their takeover was finally approved today & that might be the catalyst for a revival but I really can’t see it starting this weekend.

Crawley are currently 2 points clear at the top of League 2 & a large part of that reason is their fantastic form at Broadfield. Only Swindon have taken anything from there this term but the Red Devils have won the other 7. The latest of these came on Tuesday night in a 3-1 win against Dagenham. Accrington are still winless in 7 attempts on the road this term although they have drawn 5 of them. They went down 1-0 at Shrewsbury in midweek & I can’t see them making the long trip back home with anything other than a second defeat of the week.

It appears that Paulo Di Canio’s methods are finally getting through at Swindon as they come into this game with only 1 defeat in their last 6 in the league. They’ve won their last 3 without conceding. Struggling Bradford are the visitors to Wiltshire this weekend & they’re particularly poor on their travels with just 3 draws & 5 defeats so far. It’s unlikely that they’ll find themselves in the bottom two come Saturday evening as both Barnet & Dagenham have tricky fixtures but they won’t be pulling away anytime soon either.

Massive Long Shot Acca:

Norwich to beat Blackburn (H) @ 10/11

Wigan/Fulham – DRAW @ 23/10

Liverpool to beat West Brom (A) @ 10/11

Derby to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 6/4

West Ham to beat Leicester (H) @ 10/11

Preston to beat Bournemouth (H) @ 1011

Sheff Utd to beat Exeter (H) @ 8/15

Shrewsbury to beat Wimbledon (H) @ 4/5

These 8 potentially pay a mahoosive 301/1. TBH, I’ve made these selections on gut feeling rather than outright form.

Norwich started slowly but have gotten to grips with the top flight now & are picking up points. Their only defeat in their last 5 came at Old Trafford whilst they earned a point at Anfield last weekend. Blackburn are propping up the division & are yet to win on their travels. With Paul Lambert’s side set up to go for the win from the first whistle it could be a long journey home for the suffering Rovers faithful.

Fulham have drawn on their last 5 visits to the DW & with the way both sides are playing at the moment another draw looks likely here. Wigan have lost their last 6 in the league (7 in all competitions) & that run must surely end sooner or later. As much as Fulham are not really picking up points on the road this term I think it’s unlikely they’ll come home empty handed.

West Brom won this fixture back in April to aid their fight for survival but that was their only win in 10 Premier League meetings. In fact, it was also the first time they’d even scored against Liverpool in all those games. The Baggies have won their last two against Wolves & Villa but if Suarez is in the mood for it he’s more than capable of almost single handedly destroying the Baggies in their own backyard.

This price on a home win for Derby is far too big imo. Granted, they’ve not won in their last 5 but they take on a managerless Portsmouth side that have only 2 draws from 6 games on the road this term. Pompey may well take something from the game but if you’re having a long shot this weekend then you’d be crazy to miss this off.

My boys picked up 3 very valuable points at Brighton on Monday night even if it wasn’t pretty to watch. TBF though, other than Barcelona & probably Man City this term there’s very few sides who win things without having to grind out results throughout the season. With Southampton & Middlesbrough meeting at St Marys we could even finish the day in top spot. Leicester gave Sven the boot earlier this week so it’ll be interesting to see how the players react. Leicester’s only win on the road this term came at Coventry on the opening day & I’m hopeful of it remaining like that come 5pm tomorrow.

Preston have lost 4 & drawn 1 of their last 5 in the league & that run will come to an end sooner or later. They probably thought it was coming to an end on Tuesday night but they blew 2-0 & 3-2 leads at home to Oldham to finally draw the game 3-3. Bournemouth make the long trip north this weekend & they are also on a similarly depressing run with no wins in their last 6. I fancy Preston’s run is more likely to end here so this price makes it even more attractive.

I overlooked Sheffield Utd for my main acca which is why I’ve included them here. They’re unbeaten in their last 4 & should see of an Exeter side that have only 1 win from 7 on the road so far.

Shrewsbury are my final pick & tbh I very nearly put them in my main acca at this price. They’ve yet to lose a league game at Greenhous Meadow this term with 6 wins & a draw, but Wimbledon are one of those sides who are just as capable of picking up a surprise result as they are capitulating like they did at Torquay in midweek.

Good luck if you’re having a go this weekend

Jay

Comments

• Options
    pkr123pkr123 Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2011
    Main Acc

Preston v BournemouthPreston @ 10/11Sheffield Utd v ExeterSheffield Utd @ 8/15Everton v Manchester UtdManchester Utd @ 4/5Tottenham v Q.P.R.Tottenham @ 4/11Nottingham Forest v HullNottingham Forest @ 5/4
    £5 at 15/1
    Correct ScoresWigan v FulhamFulham 2-1 @ 17/2West Brom v LiverpoolLiverpool 3-1 @ 16/1Chelsea v ArsenalChelsea 2-0 @ 7/1Everton v Manchester UtdManchester Utd 2-1 @ 7/1
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited October 2011

Just wagered 24 of my free bet allocation on your main acca Jay!

Only got 7.09/1 though! :(

1 time ?  . . . . . . . . . 
  • Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011
    1. Birmingham v Brighton Brighton @ 11/4
    2. West Ham v Leicester Leicester @ 3/1

WIN DOUBLE

• Options
    edited October 2011
    1. Barnsley v Bristol City Draw @ 12/5
    2. Crystal Palace v Reading Draw @ 23/10
    3. Derby v Portsmouth Draw @ 23/10
    4. Nottingham Forest v Hull Draw @ 9/4
    5. Burnley v Blackpool Draw @ 12/5

TREBLES,4 FOLDS ACCA

• Options
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Weekend footy betting (29th/30th):
    Once again it was a case of so close yet so far away. After Chelsea last weekend it was Wimbledon’s turn to let me down in midweek by failing to convert one of their many chances at Torquay. Never mind, that’s the pitfalls of sports betting. Study the form book all you want but come kick off it’s entirely out of your hands. So on to this weekend & we’ve a full programme to choose from. Just the two bets to start with from me for tomorrow. Main Acca: Man City (-1) to beat Wolves (H) @ 1/2 Rochdale/Leyton Orient – Both to score @ 8/13 Cheltenham to beat Plymouth (H) @ 4/7 Crawley to beat Accrington Stanley (H) @ 2/5 Swindon to beat Bradford (H) @ 8/13 These 5 pay a juicy 15/2. I don’t usually do more than four picks for my main acca but I couldn’t decide which was the best one to drop so I figured in for a penny, in for a pound. City’s reserves tonked Wolves in the League cup in midweek & tomorrow it’s the turn of their first 11 to get the job done. They’ve a perfect record at home in the league this term & only Villa have managed to score against them at The Etihad. Wolves have scored only 8 league goals all season & only 3 of those have come away from Molineux. They’re in for a tough time tomorrow & City really should see them off comfortably. It’s a pitiful 1/6 for an outright home win so the 1/2 to win by 2 or more is very appealing. Both Rochdale & Leyton Orient have got goals in them but luckily for us punters they like to concede too. Rochdale have kept only 1 clean sheet in their last 6 at Spotland in the league but have also scored in all of them. Likewise, The O’s also have only one clean sheet on their last 6 on the road which came in the 0-0 draw at Chesterfield at the start of September. That’s also the only game they’ve failed to score in. There were goals in their two meetings last term too with Orient winning 2-1 at The Matchroom Stadium & a 1-1 draw at Spotland. Cheltenham lost their first league game in 6 on Tuesday when bogey side Crewe took the points in a 1-0 win at Whaddon Road but there should be no repeat when Plymouth roll into town. Tuesdays defeat aside, The Robins had won their previous 4. Plymouth come into this game having lost their last 2, the latest of which came on Tuesday night when they lost 5-1 at Oxford. Their takeover was finally approved today & that might be the catalyst for a revival but I really can’t see it starting this weekend. Crawley are currently 2 points clear at the top of League 2 & a large part of that reason is their fantastic form at Broadfield. Only Swindon have taken anything from there this term but the Red Devils have won the other 7. The latest of these came on Tuesday night in a 3-1 win against Dagenham. Accrington are still winless in 7 attempts on the road this term although they have drawn 5 of them. They went down 1-0 at Shrewsbury in midweek & I can’t see them making the long trip back home with anything other than a second defeat of the week. It appears that Paulo Di Canio’s methods are finally getting through at Swindon as they come into this game with only 1 defeat in their last 6 in the league. They’ve won their last 3 without conceding. Struggling Bradford are the visitors to Wiltshire this weekend & they’re particularly poor on their travels with just 3 draws & 5 defeats so far. It’s unlikely that they’ll find themselves in the bottom two come Saturday evening as both Barnet & Dagenham have tricky fixtures but they won’t be pulling away anytime soon either. Massive Long Shot Acca: Norwich to beat Blackburn (H) @ 10/11 Wigan/Fulham – DRAW @ 23/10 Liverpool to beat West Brom (A) @ 10/11 Derby to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 6/4 West Ham to beat Leicester (H) @ 10/11 Preston to beat Bournemouth (H) @ 1011 Sheff Utd to beat Exeter (H) @ 8/15 Shrewsbury to beat Wimbledon (H) @ 4/5 These 8 potentially pay a mahoosive 301/1. TBH, I’ve made these selections on gut feeling rather than outright form. Norwich started slowly but have gotten to grips with the top flight now & are picking up points. Their only defeat in their last 5 came at Old Trafford whilst they earned a point at Anfield last weekend. Blackburn are propping up the division & are yet to win on their travels. With Paul Lambert’s side set up to go for the win from the first whistle it could be a long journey home for the suffering Rovers faithful. Fulham have drawn on their last 5 visits to the DW & with the way both sides are playing at the moment another draw looks likely here. Wigan have lost their last 6 in the league (7 in all competitions) & that run must surely end sooner or later. As much as Fulham are not really picking up points on the road this term I think it’s unlikely they’ll come home empty handed. West Brom won this fixture back in April to aid their fight for survival but that was their only win in 10 Premier League meetings. In fact, it was also the first time they’d even scored against Liverpool in all those games. The Baggies have won their last two against Wolves & Villa but if Suarez is in the mood for it he’s more than capable of almost single handedly destroying the Baggies in their own backyard. This price on a home win for Derby is far too big imo. Granted, they’ve not won in their last 5 but they take on a managerless Portsmouth side that have only 2 draws from 6 games on the road this term. Pompey may well take something from the game but if you’re having a long shot this weekend then you’d be crazy to miss this off. My boys picked up 3 very valuable points at Brighton on Monday night even if it wasn’t pretty to watch. TBF though, other than Barcelona & probably Man City this term there’s very few sides who win things without having to grind out results throughout the season. With Southampton & Middlesbrough meeting at St Marys we could even finish the day in top spot. Leicester gave Sven the boot earlier this week so it’ll be interesting to see how the players react. Leicester’s only win on the road this term came at Coventry on the opening day & I’m hopeful of it remaining like that come 5pm tomorrow. Preston have lost 4 & drawn 1 of their last 5 in the league & that run will come to an end sooner or later. They probably thought it was coming to an end on Tuesday night but they blew 2-0 & 3-2 leads at home to Oldham to finally draw the game 3-3. Bournemouth make the long trip north this weekend & they are also on a similarly depressing run with no wins in their last 6. I fancy Preston’s run is more likely to end here so this price makes it even more attractive. I overlooked Sheffield Utd for my main acca which is why I’ve included them here. They’re unbeaten in their last 4 & should see of an Exeter side that have only 1 win from 7 on the road so far. Shrewsbury are my final pick & tbh I very nearly put them in my main acca at this price. They’ve yet to lose a league game at Greenhous Meadow this term with 6 wins & a draw, but Wimbledon are one of those sides who are just as capable of picking up a surprise result as they are capitulating like they did at Torquay in midweek. Good luck if you’re having a go this weekend Jay
    Posted by silentbob
    GOTTA SAY M8 YOU PUT SO MUCH EFFORT IN YOUR WRITE UP.GL M8
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,536
    edited October 2011
    Manchester Utd @ 1.73
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueChelsea v ArsenalMatch Result 29/10/2011 12:45Draw @ 4.00
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueManchester City v WolvesMatch Result 29/10/2011 15:00Manchester City @ 1.17
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueNorwich v BlackburnMatch Result 29/10/2011 15:00Norwich @ 1.91
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueSunderland v Aston VillaMatch Result 29/10/2011 15:00Sunderland @ 2.10
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueSwansea v BoltonMatch Result 29/10/2011 15:00Swansea @ 2.10
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueWigan v FulhamMatch Result 29/10/2011 15:00Fulham @ 2.40
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueWest Brom v LiverpoolMatch Result 29/10/2011 17:30Draw @ 3.40
    56x£1 trebles
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2011
    here ismine 5p0und acca norwich saints preston sheff utd and shrewsbury pays i7 to 1 jim need advice what about west brom
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2011
    My main footie bet for this weekend is Villa to beat sunderland at 12/5. sunderland seem incapable of putting two wins in a row and seem to be much better on the roads villa are a pacey side set up to counter attack and sunderland have an ageing man utd cast offs defence.
    Also like the price of bolton at 11/4 to win at swansea their last away trip was a 3-1 trouncing of wigan and they even manages to miss a penalty

so doing them both singularly and in a double at 12/1
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2011
    The booking spread on everton v united is 31/35 this game is always highly charged and united are gonna be desperate for 3 points so think 35 looks a great buy.
  • Options
    chris1963chris1963 Member Posts: 453
    edited October 2011

palace
    derby
    westham
    sheff utd
    b rovers
    swindon

c,mon u irons.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2011
    Aston Villa to beat Sunderland @ 6/4
    Bolton to beat Swansea @ 14/5
    Ipswhich to beat Millwall @ 5/2
    Bradford to beat Swindon @ 5/1
    Van Der Vaart to score n@ 5/4
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2011
    Also, as a Hammers fan, I'll be amazed if we pick up 3 points today.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (29th/30th):
    Also, as a Hammers fan, I'll be amazed if we pick up 3 points today.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Why, only big spending Leicester? banker for me this, positvie thinking Wilhelm.
  • Options
    eye-rayseye-rays Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2011
    hammers, brentford and huddersfield

5-1.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A few surprise results today. I'm not gonna bother with tomorrow as there's very little value in the Spurs game unless you wanna take a risk & Leeds/Cardiff is tough to call.

On thew plus side it's another 3 points for the mighty Irons so roll on Tuesday night. Should get another 3 at home to Bristol City.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A few surprise results today. I'm not gonna bother with tomorrow as there's very little value in the Spurs game unless you wanna take a risk & Leeds/Cardiff is tough to call. On thew plus side it's another 3 points for the mighty Irons so roll on Tuesday night. Should get another 3 at home to Bristol City.
    Posted by silentbob
    bit squeaky bum but they held on, cmon u irons.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (29th/30th) : bit squeaky bum but they held on, cmon u irons.
    Posted by chris1963
    Think there's gonna be quite a bit of that this season!
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2011
    jim i hope you cleaned up today as you got it right
  • Options
    pokerdonkpokerdonk Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2011

spanked the bookies again for the 4th weekend running.

arsenal to beat chelsea @ 5/1 our best selection