You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

FOR ALL THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS

scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
can you try uninstalling sky poker  AND adobe air using the contol panel then reinstall from the homepage, sometimes when updates install parts of the older version can remain in the registry causing conflicts between the different versions and the software.

other than this certain ISP's have had servers down lately Virgin talk talk and tiscali all share certain servers and no doubt a few others too, so if a particular server goes down it may lead to the problem you're having,

hope this may help

Comments

• redvanmanredvanman Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2011
    Thankyou. Just uninstalled both and my problem is now sorted.
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: FOR ALL THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS:
    Thankyou. Just uninstalled both and my problem is now sorted.
    Posted by redvanman
    good to hear bud
  • pilgrim07pilgrim07 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2011

Thanks scouse red, I was getting a load of probs including live tv feed freezing----now fixed.
    edited November 2011
             Thanks scouse red, I was getting a load of probs including live tv feed freezing----now fixed.
    Posted by pilgrim07
    good to hear m8
  • GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited November 2011
    In Response to FOR ALL THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS:
    other than this certain ISP's have had servers down lately Virgin talk talk and tiscali all share certain servers and no doubt a few others too, so if a particular server goes down it may lead to the problem you're having, Posted by scouse_red
    This 'ISP servers are down' excuse is wearing a bit thin now. Personally I don't believe it anymore.

For months the people with connection issues keep reporting that it's Sky Poker only that they're having problems with. Why don't these alleged faulty servers ever affect any other internet services?

On Thursday a Team51 member was joint chipleader at the final table of The Roller when he suddenly got disconnected from Sky Poker. All other internet on his system continued to work as usual. He's never had a disconnection problem with any other online poker service before, and he plays on several sites. As hard as he tried he was unable to reconnect to Sky via either the download or the website. The Team51 rail watched in horror as his stack was slowly blinded-out until he was eliminated in 4th place. The difference between 1st and 4th was £1,566. This wasn't a one-off, yesterday afternoon another Team51 member suffered exactly the same problem and it's happened to many others before, including me.

Yesterday it was pointed out that the Ask Tikay thread had disappeared. Sky Dave happily admitted that 'a random IT gremlin might have killed the thread'. Funny that, because nobody at Sky will ever admit that a random IT gremlin might have killed a players Sky connection. Nobody would ever need to uninstall and reinstall their software if a bad ISP server was causing the problem.

These are exciting times at Sky Poker with a growing player base and the success of the UKOPS series. But these ongoing disconnection issues remain a black mark on the site. They need to be solved. The punters aren't going to accept that it's their ISP's fault forever. It's about time Sky admitted they have a problem and let us know what they're doing to fix it. I can promise you that for each person who comes onto the forum to complain about a failed connection there are probably at least another 10 out there who won't speak up. Many of them will silently leave to play poker at more reliable sites and never come back to Sky again.

Why did respected forum member Scouse_Red need to post the advice in this thread? It has the appearance of something that's been partly copied and pasted (different font sizes). Are the Sky staff too scared to put their heads above the parapet and speak up about this hot topic?
    edited November 2011
    In Response to FOR ALL THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS : This 'ISP servers are down' excuse is wearing a bit thin now. Personally I don't believe it anymore. For months the people with connection issues keep reporting that it's Sky Poker only that they're having problems with. Why don't these alleged faulty servers ever affect any other internet services? On Thursday a Team51 member was joint chipleader at the final table of The Roller when he suddenly got disconnected from Sky Poker. All other internet on his system continued to work as usual. He's never had a disconnection problem with any other online poker service before, and he plays on several sites. As hard as he tried he was unable to reconnect to Sky via either the download or the website. The Team51 rail watched in horror as his stack was slowly blinded-out until he was eliminated in 4th place. The difference between 1st and 4th was £1,566. This wasn't a one-off, yesterday afternoon another Team51 member suffered exactly the same problem and it's happened to many others before, including me. Yesterday it was pointed out that the Ask Tikay thread had disappeared. Sky Dave happily admitted that 'a random IT gremlin might have killed the thread'. Funny that, because nobody at Sky will ever admit that a random IT gremlin might have killed a players Sky connection. Nobody would ever need to uninstall and reinstall their software if a bad ISP server was causing the problem. These are exciting times at Sky Poker with a growing player base and the success of the UKOPS series. But these ongoing disconnection issues remain a black mark on the site. They need to be solved. The punters aren't going to accept that it's their ISP's fault forever. It's about time Sky admitted they have a problem and let us know what they're doing to fix it. I can promise you that for each person who comes onto the forum to complain about a failed connection there are probably at least another 10 out there who won't speak up. Many of them will silently leave to play poker at more reliable sites and never come back to Sky again. Why did respected forum member Scouse_Red need to post the advice in this thread? It has the appearance of something that's been partly copied and pasted (different font sizes). Are the Sky staff too scared to put their heads above the parapet and speak up about this hot topic?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    hi Gary the reason they are in different font sizes, is indeed it was c&p from two separate threads that I answered, the thought behind this was ......there have been many threads started with the same problem, and the same advice is given time and time again not only by me but by others also, so, I thought it may be easier to link them in one thread. 
    I can only offer advice bud, and for some it will work, while, for others it may not. FWIW I use a dongle most of the time and have only once had issues, and that was when the ISP confirmed to me that they were carrying out maintenance at the time. in fact once while using a talk talk broadband I got disconnected so logged off then back in using the dongle and the problem ceased, so there may be something to the whole ISP server problem debate, or it may have been co-incidence.
    All i know is that it is very frustrating when it happens, and that is why I try to pass on the advice m8.

Chris 

• GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited November 2011
    Cheers Chris. I'm not moaning about you at all, I really appreciate you coming here and trying to help the guys who are having problems. My rant is aimed at Sky's 'sweep it under the carpet' attitude to these ongoing connection issues.

PS I've just heard that in the last hour yet another one of my team mates has had the same experience; disconnected from Sky at the crucial stage of an MTT. As is always the case his internet connection was working 100% normally and at full speed with everything else apart from Sky Poker. Who will be next?
  • xxkazxxxxkazxx Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2011
    Cheers Chris. I'm not moaning about you at all, I really appreciate you coming here and trying to help the guys who are having problems. My rant is aimed at Sky's 'sweep it under the carpet' attitude to these ongoing connection issues. PS I've just heard that in the last hour yet another one of my team mates has had the same experience; disconnected from Sky at the crucial stage of an MTT. As is always the case his internet connection was working 100% normally and at full speed with everything else apart from Sky Poker. Who will be next?
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Hey Gary ajw1976 was dissconnected for over 25 minutes in ukops main, let it be known that the ip company doesnt lie and he feels that they just made sure that perhaps he cashed .Then when he goes to another place for internet bang stick on the doomswitch and call his 3 bet bluff raises with q7 suited and qk offsuit....

Something always interest in the way connections are rerouted through 3rd log in in event viewer..Love they way he played to win and not just sit back waiting for hands to come to him ,was never dealt anything apart from kings all night..I can vouch for his abrupt exit because he left the house and stormed off not even shutting the god damm door after himself running over to a mates house to get recconnected.! and what do they say its our fault

• bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    I AM MOANING...

IT JUST COST ME MONEY YET AGAIN

IN THE MONEY AND LOST CONNECTION WHEN 7 LEFT.. YES I GOT A CASH BUT I WAS 4TH AT THE TIME.. 7TH WAS VERY SHORT STACK
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    cant wait to see what customer services uses as an excuse for me...  since i did not get discon from internet. only my game wud not load
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    The internet and all of our own computers, software and hardware configurations, routers, network cables, wireless setups, phone socket connections, cable connections etc are complicated things. There's so many possible problems that can arise at any time.

All you can do is check your own setup first, making sure your software is upto date and working correctly. Then ring sky and your isp to ask if they're experiencing any problems. Be as detailed as you can be too when explaining the faults. Stay polite and level headed too. Shouting and being abusive will get you know where.

See if you can get out through to a higher level of technical help too if you're getting no help, ISP providers have these, see if you can get them to test a few things.