You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Kapersky seems to be always turned off!

DrSharpDrSharp Member Posts: 1,213
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi guys, i recently got kaspersky protection but it always says my protection is switched off when i turn my laptop on. Cant figure a way to turn it back on but i have been told it is just a fault with the software and not to worry about it. Laptop works on windowsXP.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Comments

• scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Kapersky seems to be always turned off!:
    Hi guys, i recently got kaspersky protection but it always says my protection is switched off when i turn my laptop on. Cant figure a way to turn it back on but i have been told it is just a fault with the software and not to worry about it. Laptop works on windowsXP. Anyone else had anything like this?
    Posted by DrSharp

If you have installed Kapersky Internet Security but Windows Security Center reports, that the computer is not protected,
    Click on Security Center icon in the tray - /> Virus Protection - /> Recommendations and mark the box "I have an Antivirus..." 

The problem is that the security center is started before Kaspersky, and for some reason Kaspersky doesn't notify (or the security center doesn't see) the security center.

Disabling and re-enabling Kaspersky will solve the problem for the current session, telling the security center that you have an antivirus will eliminate the problem, (or should do)

hope this helps

• DrSharpDrSharp Member Posts: 1,213
    edited November 2011
    Thanks scouse!
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Kapersky seems to be always turned off!:
    Thanks scouse!
    Posted by DrSharp
    you're welcome Doc ;)