You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited November 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
A really disappointing weekend for me & I didn't get anywhere close to a winner.

We've got the Champions League & Championship on Tuesday & Wednesday & being desperate for a winner I've gone for some really short prices to hopefully get back on track.

AC Milan to beat BATE Borisov (A) @ 4/7
Palace to win or DRAW (home to Portsmouth) @ 3/10
Hull to win or DRAW (away to Barnsley) @ 4/9
Southampton to beat Peterborough (H) @ 1/2
West Ham to beat Bristol City (H) @ 4/11

Despite the short prices (& there's a couple there I wouldn't normally touch) these 5 pay a very decent 5/1.

AC Milan travel to Belarus knowing that barring an upset of mammoth proportions in Plzen, maximum points will see them through to the knockout stage with 2 games to go. They certainly come into the game in good form having won their last 5 in all competitions. They won the return game 2-0 at the San Siro a couple of weeks ago & really should get the job done again here.
TBH, I was really tempted to back Palace for an outright win at 11/10 but for some reason I have this nagging feeling that if I did Pompey would grab a point to kill my bet. Palace come into this game unbeaten in 6 in the league (4 wins & 2 draws) & are really tough to beat at Selhurst. They've kept clean sheets in their last 5 in all competitions so will be optimistic of taking the points again. Pompey are still without a permanent manager although the latest stories suggest ex Donny boss Sean O'Driscoll will get it. They've only taken 2 points from 7 away from Fratton Park this term so it looks like it's gonna be another long night in London. However, the problem with these sort of runs is that they'll end sooner or later. I don't think they'll take maximum points but if lady luck shines on them they could sneak a point.
Hull are another side on a great run at the moment & they're unbeaten in 9 in the league, winning 6 of those. They come into this game on the back of a good win at Forest at the weekend & I certainly wouldn't argue against anyone wanting to back them for an outright win at Oakwell, which is currently 7/5. In contrast Barnsley are looking a little ropey of late having lost 3 of their last 4. They lost at home to bottom side Bristol City on Saturday. Despite their poor form they are capable of grabbing points at Oakwell which is why I've backed the double chance market.
Southampton have won their last 18 games at St Marys & they should make that 19 when Peterborough roll into town tomorrow night. Their most recent victories there came against Middlesbrough & my boys who are both at the top of the division with them. Peterborough are more than capable of giving anyone a game these days regardless of where it's being played, but they've lost their last 2 & it'll be a big shock if that doesn't become 3. TBH I'm surprised Southampton aren't a shorter price than this.
It's not often I back my own boys in my acca's mainly for fear of jinxing us & having them be the only ones to let me down. We're not a great price at home tomorrow night but if we don't get the job done here then we should forget about promotion imo. Little Sam (Baldock) is starting to do the business for big Sam now & has hit a brace in each of the last 2 games at the turrets. City come into this game on the back of a good win at Barnsley at the weekend to give new boss Derek McInnes his first win. I very nearly backed us to win by 2 or more @ evens but I know what we're like & this game could just as easily finish 1-0 as it could 4 or 5-0.

I might have a little long shot for tomorrow night as well & will post up if I do.

Good luck if you're having a go peeps & let's get back to winning ways!

Jay

Comments

• Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2011
    Good luck Jay, but if i had a nagging doubt about palace winning outright at 11/10 leave the fixture aloe and look for an alternative,you'd be gutted if its the 3/10 shot that lets the bet down.I'll have a look tomorrow and put my raggy selections down.Dave.

P.S Always appreciate the detail of your choices,more patience than me to go into such depth. Top man.
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited November 2011
    here are mine for tonight 4fold pays 12to1 arsenal zenit millwall an brighton
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2011
    My footy bets are :Milan @4/7,Middlesbrough@21/20,Man city@4/7
                               Leicester @7/4,Lille@11/4

Done them in trebles/fourfolds and acca.
  • goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2011
    My bets for tonight :

AC Milan
    Zenit
    Apoel          Over 1.5 goals acca £80 win 11/4
    Arsenal
    Dortmund

------------

Millwall
    Notts F
    West Ham      Over 1.5 goals acca £80 win 13/5
    Donny
    Aldershot

------------

AC Milan 4/7
    Millwall 4/6              
    Aldershot Over 1.5 goals 1/4

£80 treble 9/4

• ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited November 2011
    Gone for a big Acca tonight.

Chelsea
    Barca
    Milan
    Dortmund
    Millwall
    Southamton
    West Ham
    Palace
    and my final one which will lose me my bet ARSENAL
  • MYSHARKYMYSHARKY Member Posts: 895
    edited November 2011
    my bets for tonights football ac milan @ 8/13 arsenal @4/6 porto@5/6 zenit st petersburg@4/5 millwall@4/6
    done dbl trebles and acc
  • Roche_xRoche_x Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2011
    Everyones gone for a milan win then...
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2011
    Thank you Milan. I'm beginning to think I'll be better off just picking teams out of a hat!

Anyhow, on the plus side I've still enough time to place a small stake long shot (only a squid). 

Arsenal to beat Marseille (H) @ 8/11
    Hull to beat Barnsley (A) @ 7/5
    Millwall to beat Coventry (H) @ 4/6
    Southampton (-1) to beat Peterborough (H) @ 11/10
    West Ham (-1) to beat Bristol City (H) @ 11/10
    Palace to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 11/10

FWIW these 6 potentially pay 63/1. Now we wait & see which one lets me down here too :(
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited November 2011
    1. Manchester Utd v Otelul Galati Over 3.5 Goals @ 11/10
    2. Ajax v Dinamo Zagreb Under 3.5 Goals @ 2/5
    3. Bayern Munich v Napoli Under 4.5 Goals @ 1/5
    edited November 2011
    1. Ajax v Dinamo Zagreb Ajax 2-0 @ 11/2
    2. Bayern Munich v Napoli Bayern Munich 3-0 @ 13/2
    3. Benfica v FC Basel Benfica 3-1 @ 10/1
    4. Inter Milan v Lille Inter Milan 2-0 @ 9/1
    edited November 2011
    1. Inter Milan v Lille Inter Milan @ 5/4
    2. Manchester Utd v Otelul Galati Manchester Utd @ 1/12
    3. Lyon v Real Madrid Real Madrid @ 4/7
    4. Villarreal v Manchester City Manchester City @ 2/3

A TASTY 5/1,LETS SEE!!

• FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited November 2011
    her e are mine city inter real madrid and leeds pays 9to 1 good luck all
  • pkr123pkr123 Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2011
    This Forum must be cursed for me... the only time i don't post my bets.... i finally get a winner....

INTER MILAN
    MAN CITY
    AJAX
    REAL MADRID

£5 returned around £45
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd):
    Inter Milan v Lille Inter Milan @ 5/4 Manchester Utd v Otelul Galati Manchester Utd @ 1/12 Lyon v Real Madrid Real Madrid @ 4/7 Villarreal v Manchester City Manchester City @ 2/3 A TASTY 5/1,LETS SEE!!
    Posted by cleaverjim
    nice..
    edited November 2011
    This Forum must be cursed for me... the only time i don't post my bets.... i finally get a winner.... INTER MILAN MAN CITY AJAX REAL MADRID £5 returned around £45
    Posted by pkr123
    HOW? on priceboost it paid 13/2 so for your fiver its not £45,nowhere near m8..
  • pkr123pkr123 Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (1st/2nd) : HOW? on priceboost it paid 13/2 so for your fiver its not £45,nowhere near m8..
    Posted by cleaverjim

Didn't place the bet using the priceboost offer.

Ajax (Win) @ 2/5
    Inter Milan (Win) @ 5/4
    Manchester City (Win) @ 2/3
    Real Madrid (Win) @ 4/7

Bet stake - £5.61
    Returns - £46.28
  • DozzaDozza Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2011
    Got Fulham to win 6-1 in live play, andy johnson hat-trick 250/1