You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Teams - Why?

EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
edited April 2012 in Team Talk
What do poker teams actually do, and what are the benefits of joining one? I didn't even know that poker teams existed until I saw this section of the forum.

Comments

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited November 2011
    They May not change your Poker or strategy at ALL!!

But They do.....

Break ice for people who want to get involved on forum more,
    Provide Support & Company at both live events & internet games
    Means people on own or in smaller friend groups can join together as much as each prefers socially!!
    Provide a platform where exchange of Poker Knowledge is available!!
    Enable Car-share travel & hotel accomadation is sorted easy for SPT & other tournies
    Provide a re-freshing change of tourney priority for The Cash & Points Grinders
    Helped make the Sky Poker forum The most varied & successful Poker forum in world
    Given the oppurtunity for Top pro.s & serious players to mix in a friendly enviroment with newbies & amatuers!
    Raise the Profile of Improving players & Sky Poker as a whole!!
    given YOU all the pleasure of meeting ME!!

So.....not alot really, I Think they Should be Scrapped!!

O, then theres the Roads, ....& Drains.....[& Trains lol]

SO YOU IN OR WHAT!!!

Dave Hitman Harvey,

Hitsquad Founder & Captain, [still Donk]

Read a bit of teams threads, let me know what you think, honestly am interested!!

GL & enjoy!!

PS The HitSquad IS OPEN TO ALL, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!!
  • Options
    billybootsbillyboots Member Posts: 1,197
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Teams - Why?:
    They May not change your Poker or strategy at ALL!! But They do..... Break ice for people who want to get involved on forum more, Provide Support & Company at both live events & internet games Means people on own or in smaller friend groups can join together as much as each prefers socially!! Provide a platform where exchange of Poker Knowledge is available!! Enable Car-share travel & hotel accomadation is sorted easy for SPT & other tournies Provide a re-freshing change of tourney priority for The Cash & Points Grinders Helped make the Sky Poker forum The most varied & successful Poker forum in world Given the oppurtunity for Top pro.s & serious players to mix in a friendly enviroment with newbies & amatuers! Raise the Profile of Improving players & Sky Poker as a whole!! given YOU all the pleasure of meeting ME!! So.....not alot really, I Think they Should be Scrapped!! O, then theres the Roads, ....& Drains.....[& Trains lol] SO YOU IN OR WHAT!!! Dave Hitman Harvey, Hitsquad Founder & Captain, [still Donk] Read a bit of teams threads, let me know what you think, honestly am interested!! GL & enjoy!! PS The HitSquad IS OPEN TO ALL, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    .............QUALITY RESPONSE..................Nice one Dave..........
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Teams - Why?:
    What do poker teams actually do, and what are the benefits of joining one? I didn't even know that poker teams existed until I saw this section of the forum.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    pps EvilPingu, [lovin the alias], hope me reposte helped, anyway, wanted you to be first to take advantage....

IN CELEBRATION OF THE HITSQUAD WINNING OCT DTD!!!......

WE ARE OFFERING A FREE MONTHS TRIAL LOL!!

Join The Squaddies on a try before you BYE [lol] scheme, & get free pints of Cyber in Al's Cyber bar ALL MONTH!!

You Also get me as a friend FREE!! If I go on bout Fulham & HitPup  & Wine to much just click 'ignore Hitman' button!! find it On 'my profile' Sky installed specially for me & EmillyEgg!!!
  • Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Teams - Why? : pps EvilPingu, [lovin the alias], hope me reposte helped, anyway, wanted you to be first to take advantage.... IN CELEBRATION OF THE HITSQUAD WINNING OCT DTD!!!...... WE ARE OFFERING A FREE MONTHS TRIAL LOL!! Join The Squaddies on a try before you BYE [lol] scheme, & get free pints of Cyber in Al's Cyber bar ALL MONTH!! You Also get me as a friend FREE!! If I go on bout Fulham & HitPup  & Wine to much just click 'ignore Hitman' button!! find it On 'my profile' Sky installed specially for me & EmillyEgg!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    There is an ignore Hitman button????  Why have you not told me about this before??

Oh by the way evilpingu another advantage of being in a team is giving and receiving some stick from other teams members.

Now where the heck is this button? I am going to need it this month with Hitsquad scraping the league title.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Bump!!

As Question has come up again!!

Happy New year!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Errrr Hitbump again...

esp for Davelufc...and anyone else!!

Fook mi ole Boots!! ............How Good is MMMYYYYY memory!!

LOL, The Hitman

Enjoy!!

ps Forum DTD League is Tonight!! see scouseReds thread in GPC... ALL WELCOME!!
  • Options
    drumahai05drumahai05 Member Posts: 777
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Teams - Why? : pps EvilPingu, [lovin the alias], hope me reposte helped, anyway, wanted you to be first to take advantage.... IN CELEBRATION OF THE HITSQUAD WINNING OCT DTD!!!...... WE ARE OFFERING A FREE MONTHS TRIAL LOL!! Join The Squaddies on a try before you BYE [lol] scheme, & get free pints of Cyber in Al's Cyber bar ALL MONTH!! You Also get me as a friend FREE!! If I go on bout Fulham & HitPup  & Wine to much just click 'ignore Hitman' button!! find it On 'my profile' Sky installed specially for me & EmillyEgg!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Beware of ppl bearing gifts there will be a catch they may have won the dtd a couple of times but only because team 51 regulars have been away having a rest at their clinic. even so their night watch man was the overall winner last month for the second time or was it the third, are well don't matter really, oh and how can you trust a captain that wears pink shoes. i rest my case.
  • Options
    imberimber Member Posts: 1,334
    edited April 2012
    Errrr Hitbump again... esp for Davelufc...and anyone else!! Fook mi ole Boots!! ............How Good is MMMYYYYY memory!! LOL, The Hitman Enjoy!! ps Forum DTD League is Tonight!! see scouseReds thread in GPC... ALL WELCOME!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    oh come on hitman - i've being trying for 3 days to enter the month and year to get the subliminal message but i can't get it to work - please tell me the secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Teams - Why? : oh come on hitman - i've being trying for 3 days to enter the month and year to get the subliminal message but i can't get it to work - please tell me the secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by imber

Que?

LOL!!
  • Options
    GreekWayGreekWay Member Posts: 462
    edited April 2012
    They May not change your Poker or strategy at ALL!! But They do..... Break ice for people who want to get involved on forum more, Provide Support & Company at both live events & internet games Means people on own or in smaller friend groups can join together as much as each prefers socially!! Provide a platform where exchange of Poker Knowledge is available!! Enable Car-share travel & hotel accomadation is sorted easy for SPT & other tournies Provide a re-freshing change of tourney priority for The Cash & Points Grinders Helped make the Sky Poker forum The most varied & successful Poker forum in world Given the oppurtunity for Top pro.s & serious players to mix in a friendly enviroment with newbies & amatuers! Raise the Profile of Improving players & Sky Poker as a whole!! given YOU all the pleasure of meeting ME!! So.....not alot really, I Think they Should be Scrapped!! O, then theres the Roads, ....& Drains.....[& Trains lol] SO YOU IN OR WHAT!!! Dave Hitman Harvey, Hitsquad Founder & Captain, [still Donk] Read a bit of teams threads, let me know what you think, honestly am interested!! GL & enjoy!! PS The HitSquad IS OPEN TO ALL, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Completely agree with Dave...

Poker it's not about the money for most of us...We play because we love the game and the banter the games involves...

The Forum DTD tournament is by far the best tournamet on Skypoker for recreational players like most of us...

Team51 is more than a poker team...We are friends...We are buddies...We care and support each other...I will never forget the support I got from the team when my grandma passed away last month...

I haven't met each member face to face but I feel like I have know them for years...

Good luck with your choice, if you decide to join a team...

George aka GreekWay
    Proud member of Team51

• Options
    drumahai05drumahai05 Member Posts: 777
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Teams - Why? : Completely agree with Dave... Poker it's not about the money for most of us...We play because we love the game and the banter the games involves... The Forum DTD tournament is by far the best tournamet on Skypoker for recreational players like most of us... Team51 is more than a poker team...We are friends...We are buddies...We care and support each other...I will never forget the support I got from the team when my grandma passed away last month... I haven't met each member face to face but I feel like I have know them for years... Good luck with your choice, if you decide to join a team... George aka GreekWay Proud member of Team51
    Posted by GreekWay
    +1
  • Options
    MRBURNS4MRBURNS4 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited April 2012
    Some realy spot on comments on here apart from just one small point no one mentioned that if you want the best fun and quality TPT is the team to be in lol

Where do we download the ignore Hitman button lol Also as the biggest donk in DTD could sky give me my own personal oh no I donked again can I have my chips back button!