You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

calling all captains

windamonwindamon Member Posts: 219
edited November 2011 in Team Talk
recently retired senior gent looking for team to join for fun/social outings and general chit chat. must have a gsoh and willing to deal with variance.must have similar interests ie. poker,poker and poker. iam willing to join in group games(six soms,4soms etc) or possibly heads up.  seriously though.if anyone is recruiting i would be interested in joining a team if they would have me.  PS. are there any teams for us oldies?

Comments

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2011
    In Response to calling all captains:
    recently retired senior gent looking for team to join for fun/social outings and general chit chat. must have a gsoh and willing to deal with variance.must have similar interests ie. poker,poker and poker. iam willing to join in group games(six soms,4soms etc) or possibly heads up.  seriously though.if anyone is recruiting i would be interested in joining a team if they would have me.  PS. are there any teams for us oldies?
    Posted by windamon
    Team 51 will have you, their captian is pretty old i think :)

gl in finding a team
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: calling all captains:
    In Response to calling all captains : Team 51 will have you, their captian is pretty old i think :) gl in finding a team
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Owned  :o(
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2011
    We certainly have a place for you in Team51 Windamon.

True we have an average age of well over 40 but myself and our resident drunk Drumahai account for most of the years in the team. We have our own FB team site for members only and our own website. We also have a resident pole-dancer and a most attractive Social & Members Secretary called Wilma. We hold internal team events and occasional free-rolls for our members and we have an excellent training and advice section for members. We cater for for all levels of the game from beginner to main event winners and can boast some very successful players in all poker formats. We also have free vetinary injections for all members.

When you have considered your options and if you decide you would like to join Team51, then just PM me and we will take it from there. Should you wish to take a look at the Team51 website you can access it from - www.team51.org.uk - (have the sound switched on, on your computer).
  • Options
    billybootsbillyboots Member Posts: 1,197
    edited November 2011
    In Response to calling all captains:
    Posted by windamon
    ......We've been waiting for someone just like your goodself to be grandfather figure to a little tearaway called 'crunchybob'.......a delightful and enthusiastic young man with a heart of gold but we could do with the extra help in keeping him on the straight and narrow.......you see, he is very impuslive and has a tendency to go awol occasionally and we can't have that can we ?

I am sending you a private message just to give you the heads up about our team etc.....and give you a chance to decide if you would like to join us....take care........Billy....oops sorry 'Wilma'  
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Hi again windamon.....i have sent you that private message now...if you can check and see your 'inbox'....tx again.
  • Options
    imberimber Member Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2011
    hi m8 - yes you cant do any better than join us oldies in team 51 - for security reasons i cannot tell you who i am (or indeed my gender) but i can tell you that i am surrounded by corgis - and i don't mean toy cars - so the vetinary stuff is really useful!

our leader is a pussycat - and all those young wippersnappers are jolly good eggs. invites to the palace will be following (and i dont mean crystal) - get on board - one has brilliant crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    hi m8 - yes you cant do any better than join us oldies in team 51 - for security reasons i cannot tell you who i am (or indeed my gender) but i can tell you that i am surrounded by corgis - and i don't mean toy cars - so the vetinary stuff is really useful! our leader is a pussycat - and all those young wippersnappers are jolly good eggs. invites to the palace will be following (and i dont mean crystal) - get on board - one has brilliant crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by imber
    thanks iam verry gratefull for all your responses.i see you all have a wicked sense of humour,honestly you have made me laugh tremendously and i would love to get involved.elsadog asked me to (pm) her, iam not familiar with that term.i will of course take the necesarry steps to join you if i can figure out what to do next.anyway i hope to speak to you all later as i have to go to my line dancing classes now. god bless.
  • Options
    bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    it mean private message on sky community....

so if you private message elsadog he will get back to you about joining the best team on sky
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: calling all captains : thanks iam verry gratefull for all your responses.i see you all have a wicked sense of humour,honestly you have made me laugh tremendously and i would love to get involved.elsadog asked me to (pm) her, iam not familiar with that term.i will of course take the necesarry steps to join you if i can figure out what to do next.anyway i hope to speak to you all later as i have to go to my line dancing classes now. god bless.
    Posted by windamon
    If you click on ELSADOG  name on his post, under the avatar his profile comes up. On the right hand side theres a label "Send me a private message" Click it and an e-mail window appears.  I had trouble with PM when I joined! 
    Although, line dancing, we may have to have a re-think!!  ;-) (just kidding!)
    pad - Team51
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    it mean private message on sky community.... so if you private message elsadog he will get back to you about joining the best team on sky
    Posted by bigal36903
    Nice one Allan..and Pad....tyvm.

.........fao; windamon,...........i have sent you another pm explaining how to get you onto our facebook page.....but don't concern yourself too much, we'll get there eventually and you'll see it'll be worthwhile ...you will have plenty of fun.

PS;.can you let us know your proper name ie; the name you use when you register with facebook...this we need to know  straight away because it's your facebook name that will appear on our 'team51' request from you when you ask to be 'ADDED'....many thanks......billy. 
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited November 2011
    GL Windamon!! If you have decided on 51 they are a great bunch, sry i didna see this earlier, was v.busy at work today!!

For the record, The HitSquad is OPEN to ALL, and if you have not decided, please you may consider us, have a look at our thread Hitsquad Hotnews!!

Our av age without YoungGun & delaney09 is 45, & without Me & Wynne is 19!!

ps. if it makes any difference I aim to start the HitlineDance classes on nov 22nd, you are welcome to pop in even if you become a 51'er!!

GL & enjoy!!

Dave Hitman Harvey

Hitsquad founder & captain!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    GL Windamon!! If you have decided on 51 they are a great bunch, sry i didna see this earlier, was v.busy at work today!! For the record, The HitSquad is OPEN to ALL, and if you have not decided, please you may consider us, have a look at our thread Hitsquad Hotnews!! Our av age without YoungGun & delaney09 is 45, & without Me & Wynne is 19!! ps. if it makes any difference I aim to start the HitlineDance classes on nov 22nd, you are welcome to pop in even if you become a 51'er!! GL & enjoy!! Dave Hitman Harvey Hitsquad founder & captain!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    thank you verry much young man for your kind invatation but,the 51 community have been verry kind,helpfull and took time out to make me feel welcomme.bso if you dont mind i will decline your kind offer.regards windy.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Hi again phil......i've sent you another pm........and welcome to team51....ps: could you send me a reply with your surname as well (but only if you feel comfortable to do so) it's just that we will need it if you wish to join our facebook page ........for your privacy please do it via a pm to me and not on this thread....take care
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: calling all captains : thank you verry much young man for your kind invatation but,the 51 community have been verry kind,helpfull and took time out to make me feel welcomme.bso if you dont mind i will decline your kind offer.regards windy.
    Posted by windamon
    no prob!! Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    hi m8 - yes you cant do any better than join us oldies in team 51 - for security reasons i cannot tell you who i am (or indeed my gender) but i can tell you that i am surrounded by corgis - and i don't mean toy cars - so the vetinary stuff is really useful! our leader is a pussycat - and all those young wippersnappers are jolly good eggs. invites to the palace will be following (and i dont mean crystal) - get on board - one has brilliant crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by imber
    classic,lol