You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why Do The Gobby Ones Get All The Luck

ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Have you ever noticed that when someone on your table has a gob the size of the Mersey Tunnel they seem to get a run of cards with so many flop hits, and odd 2 pairs that ir's not funny?

Playing cash last night with a player on the table who send a saint insane. Blabber blabber blabber in the chat box for hours, calling out each player individually and insulting them. This is probably to put the table on tilt. 

For the most part i don't try and rise to this sort of stuff but to make matters worse SHE (and i over state that because with the insults coming from this player if she is a woman she's the type with a 5 o'clock shaddow, hands like shovels and an adams apple) has a railer on with her that will not sit and put there money on the table but is parroting every insult form their player and generally winding every body up.

Bad enough to put up with this but the deck just keeps smashing this HE/SHE in the face. 7 2 played to a 4 x bb raise and hits 2 pair. 7 2 suited again played to a raise and called down pot sized bets on a flush draw, 4 6 off played to a 7..... yes thats 7 x bb raise and flops a straight against a massive over pair.... I S**T you not i've never seen luck like it while managing to rile an entire table. In the end i had to come off the table as i'd stacked to an unbelievable flops after a horendous call and knew this was not going to be my night. Unfortunatly the accumulation of chips for this player and HIS/Her Railer seemed to validate their poor treatment of all others at the table and spur them on to more insults. Sometimes this game really rewards the unworthy!

so my advice is this... if you sit at a table where some one is insulting and annoying telling you that COD told her you were this or you were that (i at first thought this was some oddball reference to GOD but turns out it wasn't lol) then leave !!! quickly, even if you play well the deck will smack her and that will make it all the more annoying :)

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    1. Report them @ help@skypoker.com
    2. Turn chat off
    3. Reload and take all their money, its only a matter of time
  • Options
    Sky_Mod6Sky_Mod6 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    Good morning acesover8s,

Im sorry to hear about your experience at the tables last night, if you feel that you and other players were insulted or any bad language was used against you then please get in contact with our customer care team either at help@skybet.com or on the instant chat at the side of your screen we will look into this matter for you.

kind regards,

rich.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah i know your right FlashFlush but i couldn't play on anymore. As a tilt method it was great lol because normally im very philsophical about losing money like this because over time i'll grind it back and i want to play people making bad calls but if you combine the bad play with the good luck it put me in a position where i had no way to put her on a hand.

In example: the vilain is in the BB with 4 5 off - im  in the cut off with pocket Q's. I make the 7 x bb raise and she calls. flop comes 2 3 6 and she bets the pot. Now she has already done this 4 or 5 times with ace high and she would also do this with a flush draw or just a pair (the 2 3 or 6 not even an over pair).

I can't just raise because no matter how many questions i ask she will keep calling to the river and her luck has run so well that she consistantly pulls off 2 pair.

I want to close the hand here or put her luck to the test and let her call for her stack. My true read here is A 6 because she has called a big raise but doesn't need that much to do it (one high card is generally enough) and then betting the flop heavy makes me think she's connected but doesn't want it calling. Top pair top kicker seems reasonable enough (well not that im calling pre flop with that but it seems to fit her pattern).

The money goes in and low and behold it's a flopped str8 with 4 5 off lol. This is a single example of the way she played ALL NIGHT and seemed to run so good that solid play just could not neutralise  the run of cards.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Aces

I think, both Flash, and Mod6 are correct, if anyone is being abusive on the tables, they need reporting, as you are probably aware, most of the community here at Sky Poker is absolutley fantastic, it just a minority who think that can spoil it, we need to show them they cant, unfortuantely, I gave had a couple of occasions where it has been necessary to report people.

Good luck on the tables
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for advice on reporting rich but the threads not really about getting this player just how remarkable it is that when somebody so foul turns up the luck also seems to follow them (or maybe all 5 of us started playing badly lol). But i honestly couldn't see my game change that much.

As a question though, I tried to search this player this morning as i'm planning on going back without the chat box on lol. When i put their name into the find player box it says no player found? now they existed last night but can't be found by the site today? Is there a way to hide from the find player feature or would it mean that the account no longer exists if the site can't find the log on?

I ask because theres was a thought that this player was somebody else multi accounting and that their original account had been banned?

Do They Still Exist or Will I Never Get My Money Back? lol
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

try it a few times, sometines it doesn't always register

Although, I would never recommend going after this player immediately. If you are not in the right frame of mind and he/she gets a few pots out of you, then this really will put you on tilt.

Just keep an eye out, if you find him, watch his table for a while and join in a position to his/her left so you can easily fold the rags but punish the loose calls.

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi again

As I understand it, a player can opt not to be found by "player search", however, I would have thought that if you know which tables they play at you should be able to find those tables and open the lobby to find out if they are there.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cheers for the comment ACEBARRY and i agree that the community spirit here is great. Im not one for reporting swearing and the such as i can't say i've never done it myself. And in this particular case i also couldn't say that the rest of the table and I didn't respond to the insults with like minded comments so im likley to earn myself a chat ban lol. I do sometimes swear in the chat box but i try not to aim comments at individuals or insult anyone. I can even appreciate it when i outdraw someone and they throw a lucky fish insult out there because we all steam at our own bad luck so i'll either explain my play or hold my hands up for a lucky draw and let it go. But to insult the table when your WINNING ???  Doesn't make sense to me
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2009
    Sometimes the Poker Gods smile on fools and drunks.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    lol, well i didn't mention any names but im not supprised that reputations proceed some people. Don't get me wrong it's not just 1 player (although this one is particularly annoying) but the bravado really seems to come out of some people when there out drawing and getting away with ridiculous plays.

I wouldn't mind but for all the insults the last time this player was at a table i was on she stacked off and left after telling the world how bad they were. 1 good run sure does make some people feel like gods lol
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    Really feel sorry for ya ACESOVER,i just cant stand this sort of stuff.Please from now on if you do not know players who you are sittin with on a cash table NEVER EVER have your chat box on.GL M8
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Why Do The Gobby Ones Get All The Luck:
    try it a few times, sometines it doesn't always register Although, I would never recommend going after this player immediately. If you are not in the right frame of mind and he/she gets a few pots out of you, then this really will put you on tilt. Just keep an eye out, if you find him, watch his table for a while and join in a position to his/her left so you can easily fold the rags but punish the loose calls.
    Posted by Hale72
    Great comment and good advice Hale, to be honest i'm probably just venting because i never try and make this game personal. I will keep an eye out and see when the good run ends but they keep reloading lol. (or possibly see that we were all outplayed and they do this on a regular basis but i have my doubts)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Really feel sorry for ya ACESOVER,i just cant stand this sort of stuff.Please from now on if you do not know players who you are sittin with on a cash table NEVER EVER have your chat box on.GL M8
    Posted by dav1964
    Probably good advice Dav1964 but to be honest i like the banter of the players even if im not getting involved. As i said in a previous post i don't even mind the odd insult when i've made a donk move and i can hang my head in shame and say i've made my fair share on those who have donked out on me, just never venomous and never when i'm the one on the receiving end of deck that pays me everything.

It's a LIGHT HEARTED game that's meant to be social and fun. Ok their is money on the line but we were hardly playing £100 - £200 heads up. There are plenty of chat boxes full with sarcasim and good hearted banter or leg pulling on here which is one of the things i enjoy about the site so i'm affraid i'll just have to put up with the rude to enjoy what is normally a great community. I Think I play on just about every Major Site and i think the community sense of Sky is actually it's main selling point. If i wanted to choose a site with decent software, high GTD tourneys, Satalites to Major events there are plenty out there to choose from (and to a certain extent I do) but i return here time and again for the community feel that i just don't thin kcan be found with any other site
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    HMMM the post with a name on seems to have Dissapeared lol - I take it theres a no name and shame policy in effect lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ACESOVER8s  would like to thank FlashFlushdav1964, BigBluster, acebarry10, Hale72 & Sky_Mod6 (Rich) for your comments and you can now consider my rant over lol. I return to my serene zen like poker state and wil lprepare to stack off my rent money on the virtual felt again tonight (only joking lol)

Cheers Guys, Comments appreciated and Frustations eased :)

Also thanks to Cliokid whose comment mysteriously dissapeared lol
  • Options
    Sky_Mod6Sky_Mod6 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    Hi acesover8s

Glad to be of help, just in regards to cliokids post, one of our forum house rules is to not to make a post naming any other player as could be deemed as a personal attack so i had to remove that post.

thanks for being understanding,

rich.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry mods, we all saw it anyway.
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited October 2009
    i show the gob sh ites a big bad bluff.... then watch the chat box fill up and laugh my little head off, then send them on tilt

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Hi acesover8s Glad to be of help, just in regards to cliokids post, one of our forum house rules is to not to make a post naming any other player as could be deemed as a personal attack so i had to remove that post. thanks for being understanding, rich.
    Posted by Sky_Mod6
    Except richard Orford,Hale72,oynutter, Elsadog and me
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2009
    It's just plain rude at the end of the day. Personally i don't shut the chat box, i wait an see what kinda conversation is going on and if it's polite and pleasant i will join in as well if there is a bit of banter about i will get involved. But if it is someone as described in the post and just trying to put the table on tilt i will just ignore it and set it to just show hands that have come down. That way they can't get inside my head .... not that if they did they'd stay there that long :)