You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

shall we move this one aswell

bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
i did start a thread asking if ppl had been getting discon.. 

just a general question. NOT A TECHNICAL QUERY

shall we try again or will it be moved yet again...   REPEAT GENERAL QUESTION

HAVE YOU BEEN GETTING DISCON LATELY

bigal369
macca pacca

Comments

• debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2011
    Not for a week or so no , its been fine
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2011
    Mine has also been fine in November, the end of October it was unplayable, I tried loads of things to fix it, none of which worked, it just appeared to fix itself.

1 morning I logged on and it worked all of a sudden.....

Maybe it's some other I.S.P's turn to play funny buggaz!

Tiscali/talktalk btw. 
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    i think that was the time talk talk had a server down DOHHHH. i did report that for ppl who were using talk talk at the time
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited November 2011
    Mine goes in phases ill get problems for a week then it will be fine for a week, very annoying when it does go of and only seems to be sky which triggers it.
  • oxfordutdoxfordutd Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Will my littlun playing call of duty online affect my connection???
  • drumahai05drumahai05 Member Posts: 777
    edited November 2011
    don't worry lads just think of all the money you saved while you were off. wish mine had gone off in  october:(
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: shall we move this one aswell:
    Will my littlun playing call of duty online affect my connection???
    Posted by oxfordutd

Yes it could slow it down a little depending on what speed you've got and how many tables you're playing.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited November 2011
    In Response to shall we move this one aswell:
    i did start a thread asking if ppl had been getting discon..  just a general question. NOT A TECHNICAL QUERY shall we try again or will it be moved yet again...   REPEAT GENERAL QUESTION HAVE YOU BEEN GETTING DISCON LATELY bigal369 macca pacca
    Posted by bigal36903
    It's also not Poker related and therefore serves no purpose in General Poker Chat.

I do understand why you posted though, don't get me wrong.  The problem is that I'm not sure I've ever been made aware of a general connection issue that is Sky Poker's fault except when there has been a clear problem with a site unavailable type error for everyone.

When there are a few thousand people playing and just a couple of people with an issue I know where I'd be looking.
    edited November 2011
    In Response to shall we move this one aswell : It's also not Poker related and therefore serves no purpose in General Poker Chat. I do understand why you posted though, don't get me wrong.  The problem is that I'm not sure I've ever been made aware of a general connection issue that is Sky Poker's fault except when there has been a clear problem with a site unavailable type error for everyone. When there are a few thousand people playing and just a couple of people with an issue I know where I'd be looking.
    Posted by Machka
    Bit harsh and blunt that was imo , some times these posts are in fact much better left in gpc cos its viewed by most forum users.

Also if its an issue with a player NOT being able to play 'POKER' then also imo it is a poker related issue.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    Forums have sections for a reason though debdobs. If posts are allowed to be posted in sections they're not supposed to be in it ends in chaos. This is why every forum around has moderators.

It's still a technical problem because it's relating to a technical issue.

Surely if you're experiencing connection problems the first place you look in is the technical section like so many players do.

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: shall we move this one aswell : Bit harsh and blunt that was imo , some times these posts are in fact much better left in gpc cos its viewed by most forum users. Also if its an issue with a player NOT being able to play 'POKER' then also imo it is a poker related issue.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I'm not having a go at anyone in particular by posting the above, but making a general point.

At what point do you draw the line on people posting threads in GPC saying they are having problems getting onto poker?

The Sky Poker download client is saying it can't connect.
    Can't get onto SkyPoker.com using Firefox, IE, Chrome.
    I can't open my browser.
    My PC won't power on.
    My internet is down.
    I have a power cut.
    I lost my keys and got locked out of the house.

All issues with a player not being able to play 'POKER' so all valid to post in GPC?

;-)
    edited November 2011

Point taken

• belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: shall we move this one aswell : I'm not having a go at anyone in particular by posting the above, but making a general point. At what point do you draw the line on people posting threads in GPC saying they are having problems getting onto poker? The Sky Poker download client is saying it can't connect. Can't get onto SkyPoker.com using Firefox, IE, Chrome. I can't open my browser. My PC won't power on. My internet is down. I have a power cut. I lost my keys and got locked out of the house. All issues with a player not being able to play 'POKER' so all valid to post in GPC? ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    He is asking a question of the general populous on the site has to be in general chat?Admittedly not done in the most subtle way but when was the last time an official tech from sky was in technical queries?Not saying reg's are not doing a good job but a little input from sky would not go a miss.
  • Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited November 2011
    Machka is right on this one. This is a technical query and to be honest you tend to get better technical answers from the fewer but perhaps more savvy readers in that part of the section.

While you might want more people to read it and so decide to put it in GPC (which is a natural thing to want to do), the sections of the forum are for a purpose, hence why it was moved. 

It'd be a bit like walking in to a supermarket and shouting out to see if there was anyone who could fix your car for you. Yes, there might be the someone who can help but it's not what the supermarket is there for. It'd also be at odds with why most people went there in the first place. If you wanted your car fixing, you'd try the mechanics garage for that where there is a higher concentration of mechanics who know their stuff, etc. It might not be a perfect analogy but I hope you see the general gist of it.

We've left this thread in GPC now for a full day now and so it's going to be moved across to Technical Queries. If the opening poster or anyone else wants clarification on this please PM me. And when I say clarification I mean on the general policy rather than my analogy! :)

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: shall we move this one aswell : He is asking a question of the general populous on the site has to be in general chat?Admittedly not done in the most subtle way but when was the last time an official tech from sky was in technical queries?Not saying reg's are not doing a good job but a little input from sky would not go a miss.
    Posted by belsibub

That's a fair enough comment belsibub and is something I will feed back to the suits... and techie guys.