You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

6+ tables regularly freezing

jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice

I've played sky for 2 or so years now and its getting worse and worse regarding the amount of tables you can play.We begged and waited so long for a download client and when it came imo it was worse than the browser version.

Before the download client i could 16+ table no problem now +6 struggles on the download client.
Worse still the browser version struggles with 8+ with a regular table freeze say every minute for 2-4 secs.

Got 2 computers 1 brand new and the other the one i used to 16 table.

Tried every browser none make a difference.  (SO RULED THESE OUT)

I live in hull so we have our own phone network that caters for hull and surrounding areas alone and have great speeds(apparentley rated the best provider in a survey for speeds this year).
Tested the speeds and no problems either.(SO RULED THIS OUT)

16+ tabling computer.  AMD QUAD CORE,4 GIG OF RAM,WINDOWS 7 ,NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIP.

NEW COMPUTER.  INTEL I5 PROCESSOR,4 GIG OF RAM,WINDOWS 7, ATI GRAPHICS CHIP.

Both suffer the same 2-4 second freeze at roughly 1 minute intervals.

All this started when the download client came out and have just persevered thinking its
just sky.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    Are you running a wireless connection or wired ?

I'm a little confused as to if you're using the download or the browser.

• jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 6+ tables regularly freezing:
    Are you running a wireless connection or wired ? I'm a little confused as to if you're using the download or the browser.
    Posted by AcidMan27

Im running a wired on 1 computer and wireless on another.

Same problem on both computers and im playing on the browser as +6 tables and problems start
    with the download client.
    So i just use the browser this is where it freezes every minute.
    edited November 2011
    The download should work much more smoothly than using the browser version.

What ISP are you with ?

Also do you use any anti virus software and if you do, do you use the same on both computers ?
    edited November 2011
    The download should work much more smoothly than using the browser version. What ISP are you with ? Also do you use any anti virus software and if you do, do you use the same on both computers ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Kingston Communications- KAROO

avast on 1 and avg on the other i still have the problem if i turn them off.
    edited November 2011
    Have you run checks for adaware/malware too ? Malwarebytes and spybot both make great free versions for this.

Not a massive fan of avg these days, i'd advise you use Avast on your other pc and take off avg.

Have you tried uninstalling Adobe Air and the download if you still have it installed ?, do this via the control panel (add/remove programs), reboot your pc and download and install both again.

The trouble with pc's there are so many possible problems the list is endless.

edited November 2011
    Have you run checks for adaware/malware too ? Malwarebytes and spybot both make great free versions for this. Not a massive fan of avg these days, i'd advise you use Avast on your other pc and take off avg. Have you tried uninstalling Adobe Air and the download if you still have it installed ?, do this via the control panel (add/remove programs), reboot your pc and download and install both again. The trouble with pc's there are so many possible problems the list is endless.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Yeah i saw you suggest uninstalling in another thread so i did that but no joy.
    I'll try the malware search and get rid of avg for avast.
    Thanks for your time.