You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Connection lost try again?

Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
This thing popped up twice while playing this afternoon both times when I was half way through a hand. I clearly had not lost connection so why was it popping up? :P

Comments

• YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited November 2011
    ive had it a couple times 1 i got all in with A10 v A8 hu luckily held cos couldnt get on till after, other time i just registered for HU and didnt even get to play it :( #wingaments
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    this is the time when they move it to techinical. cos they dont want everyone saying they having trouble with only sky
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2011
    Yes there are indeed still a few software 'glitches' that do need sorting out.

However i anticipate a 'thread moved' announcment shortly from a sky mod as this is clearly in the wrong section of the forum.
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    i did just ask the question and they even moved them 2
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    hi all as a mod, i do try to leave things for a while, before moving them to the "correct section of the forum", just in case someone does come up with the answer that you want to hear. However, as this very rarely hapeens and most of the time people just come on saying yeah i've had that too or just give give none constructive answers most of the time I don't see how leaving them for a longer amount of time actually helps.

slated if we do slated if we don't springs to mind, I'm sorry if we can't please everyone all the time, but hey that's all part of it I suppose
  • Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited November 2011
    The thing is I wasnt even losing connection even on Sky just was getting the message!
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Connection lost try again?:
    hi all as a mod, i do try to leave things for a while, before moving them to the "correct section of the forum", just in case someone does come up with the answer that you want to hear. However, as this very rarely hapeens and most of the time people just come on saying yeah i've had that too or just give give none constructive answers most of the time I don't see how leaving them for a longer amount of time actually helps. slated if we do slated if we don't springs to mind, I'm sorry if we can't please everyone all the time, but hey that's all part of it I suppose
    Posted by scouse_red
    1. Yeah i spose 33 mins was stretching it a bit b4 removal ;))

2. Its seen even LESS in the 'correct section' as no one from sky ever ever seems to remember that this section of the forum actually exists ;))

3. You should be at least 'prepared' to help everyone ALL of the time , cos if ya AINT then thats no help to anyone of us is it ??
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    Yawn! with the same arguments again. It gets moved into the technical section because it's a technical problem.

I'm sure people from Sky check this section as much as any other. You may not see them posting alot because usually the solution to the problem has already been mentioned a million times already.

As for this new problem i've also experienced it even though my connection hasn't gone. I think it happened twice on Friday evening.

• scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Connection lost try again? : 1. Yeah i spose 33 mins was stretching it a bit b4 removal ;)) 2. Its seen even LESS in the 'correct section' as no one from sky ever ever seems to remember that this section of the forum actually exists ;)) 3. You should be at least 'prepared' to help everyone ALL of the time , cos if ya AINT then thats no help to anyone of us is it ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    it was mentioned on another thread by Sky Dave that he had sent an email to the sky Suits and to the tech people to see if they could have someone to check this section a lot more often or even someone set aside for this purpose, maybe things will change soon ;)
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Connection lost try again? : it was mentioned on another thread by Sky Dave that he had sent an email to the sky Suits and to the tech people to see if they could have someone to check this section a lot more often or even someone set aside for this purpose, maybe things will change soon ;)
    Posted by scouse_red
    maybe if the correct things where in here they would have reason to look more often ;)

alot this issue im not sure can be solved i usually just "x" it and play as normal.
  • GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited November 2011
    Loads of people were having connection problems yesterday. An unfortunate player at the FT of a small tourney I was in got disconnected several times and had almost no chance of winning. As is usual it was only Sky Poker he couldn't connect to, everything else on his internet was working fine.