You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!

windamonwindamon Member Posts: 219
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
i know nothing about computors so would appreciate a little help.occasionally when iam on sky poker during the deal the cards woll freeze in mid air(annoying),also the clock will stop for a few seconds & the time out bar also.why?. one more thing iam curious about.i see some players makng odd bets eg. 93,127 311.501 etc, how do they do this? regards wm.

Comments

• JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited November 2011
    Dont know about the computer thing,  there are some excellent "Geeks" ;o)  on this site who will help you there.

In the betting box when you are playing a table, bottom left hand corner, you will see a small box with the value your bet will be before you action it,  If you click on that box you can input any number you like. ( above min bet, raise obviously )

Hope that helps 
  • SmitalosSmitalos Member Posts: 538
    edited November 2011
    You probably have too much happening in the background on your PC. Or you have too many tables open for your PC to cope. Try playing fewer tables or having less programs on in the background. That should help.
  • windamonwindamon Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!:
    Dont know about the computer thing,  there are some excellent "Geeks" ;o)  on this site who will help you there. In the betting box when you are playing a table, bottom left hand corner, you will see a small box with the value your bet will be before you action it,  If you click on that box you can input any number you like. ( above min bet, raise obviously ) Hope that helps 
    Posted by JockBMW
    ty m8 & u 2 smitalos,cheers
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    Dont know about the computer thing,  there are some excellent "Geeks" ;o)  on this site who will help you there. In the betting box when you are playing a table, bottom left hand corner, you will see a small box with the value your bet will be before you action it,  If you click on that box you can input any number you like. ( above min bet, raise obviously ) Hope that helps 
    Posted by JockBMW
    hi bud, make sure you have the latest updates of flash player, adobe air and the sky poker software, if you are unsure goto www.adobe.com and check your flashplayer it will tell you if you are up to date.

then try uninstalling both Adobe Air and Sky Poker using add/remove programs in control panel. then re install the download from the homepage on Sky Poker, 
    hope this helps

edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!! : hi bud, make sure you have the latest updates of flash player, adobe air and the sky poker software, if you are unsure goto www.adobe.com and check your flashplayer it will tell you if you are up to date. then try uninstalling both Adobe Air and Sky Poker using add/remove programs in control panel. then re install the download from the homepage on Sky Poker,  hope this helps
    Posted by scouse_red
    thanks m8.
  • MIKE1_MIKE1_ Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2011
    In Response to WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!:
    i know nothing about computors so would appreciate a little help.occasionally when iam on sky poker during the deal the cards woll freeze in mid air(annoying),also the clock will stop for a few seconds & the time out bar also.why?. one more thing iam curious about.i see some players makng odd bets eg. 93,127 311.501 etc, how do they do this? regards wm.
    Posted by windamon
    My old PC used to do this, an IBM Thinkpad. Since I bought my Dell it is fine now. My IBM never did it on other sites with downloaded software though.

A friend of mine said said the Apple's allowed users to bet odd amounts, it may be this. Try asking them, if they are the chatty type they might tell you.

GL.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2011
    In Response to WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!! : My old PC used to do this, an IBM Thinkpad. Since I bought my Dell it is fine now. My IBM never did it on other sites with downloaded software though. A friend of mine said said the Apple's allowed users to bet odd amounts, it may be this. Try asking them, if they are the chatty type they might tell you. GL.
    Posted by MIKE1_
    The type of computer doesn't matter as it's a function built into the software - see JOCKBMW's reply above.

edited November 2011
    Posted by JockBMW
    hi mate thanks. but. i have searched and searched but can i find a box in the left corner? no.help!
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    It's bottom right. Just above the raise button you will see a small white box with a value in it, you can click in the box with your mouse and delete the value and type in your own raise size.
    edited November 2011
    It's bottom right. Just above the raise button you will see a small white box with a value in it, you can click in the box with your mouse and delete the value and type in your own raise size.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    now iv got it! thanks m8.