You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Yes I'm A Mega Fish, but that's not my question here!

phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
phil12uk Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £55.35
LadyFingrs Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £42.60
  Your hole cards

Unlucky Player Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £51.90
phil12uk Call  £1.25 £3.50 £54.10
LadyFingrs Fold     
Flop

• A

phil12uk Check     
Unlucky PlayerBet  £2.50 £6.00 £49.40
phil12uk Call  £2.50 £8.50 £51.60
Turn

phil12uk Check     
Unlucky PlayerBet  £6.00 £14.50 £43.40
phil12uk Raise  £12.00 £26.50 £39.60
Unlucky Player All-in  £43.40 £69.90 £0.00
phil12uk Call  £37.40 £107.30 £2.20
phil12uk Show

Unlucky Player Show

River

• Q

phil12uk Win Flush to the Queen £105.50  £107.70
I have put this here and not the strategy section as my question is not about how incredibly lucky the turn card was for my fishing!  I have previous with player in question (hence my willingness to call pre and post flop). However, my question is this........

About 2 minutes after this I had to leave and genuinly felt bad as I was 'hitting and running' and I hate it when it happens to me after I've received a nasty beat.  What do you think is an acceptable time to continue playing after winning a big cash hand before leaving a table?

Comments

• Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited October 2009
    How long have you been sat at the table? If you've been there for ages then that's not hitting and running, you've just won a big pot at the end of your session.

I've never been a big fan of "an acceptable time etc". Leave when you feel uncomfortable at the table or when you have to.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This was about my 4th hand........hence me feeling so bad about leaving so soon after (Mrs came back early from shopping) lol
  • Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited October 2009
    Ahhh, I understand why you're worried about H+R, but when you have to leave, you have to leave. Nothing you could do about it!

People use H+R as a way to keep fish at the tables when they win a big pot. I wouldn't let it get to you.
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2009
    I dont think you should worry about having to leave, if the othr guy was so raging he'd just find you another time lol. plus you probably saved him money from tilting!
  • Options
    byrdy89byrdy89 Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2009
    i say well played....poker is for winning and shouldnt worry about anyfink like that,im sure there will be another time to get hes money back! nice hand!
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    1) You wasn't fishing.
    2) If you hvae previous then the player is a reg so you'll play with him again sometime soon.

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi phil

Things happen in life that changes its course, things we can do very little about, it happens you did nowt wrong,even if you decided I am in profit, I,m off, its your money :)
  • Options
    NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2009

I think it's acceptable if you drop an apology into the chat box. Something along the lines of Sorry to hit & Run but I have to do something. It shows it wouldn't be a normal action of yours but somethings come up

But if you have previous with this player then chances are he knows your not a hit n run type of player anyway

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    36.842 seconds is plenty imo
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Yes I'm A Mega Fish, but that's not my question here!:
    36.842 seconds is plenty imo
    Posted by elsadog
    Does that include the time to tuck your chair in under the table?
    I was always taught that it was good manners to do this.
  • Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited October 2009
    leave wen you want.  if you feel that bad about winnin the money with your gutshot  giv it to mee..lol
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Yes I'm A Mega Fish, but that's not my question here! : Does that include the time to tuck your chair in under the table? I was always taught that it was good manners to do this.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Of course. Arriving late and leaving early are fine but bad manners are unforgivable.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Yes I'm A Mega Fish, but that's not my question here! : Of course. Arriving late and leaving early are fine but bad manners are unforgivable.
    Posted by elsadog
    Well said!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Go on the table when you want, leave when you want. What more is there to say??
  • Options
    RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2009

Hi Phil,
    good play by the way, yes even the straight would of won.
    Anyway,
    Lots may disagree, but when online leave anytime you like without giving it any thought at all. Thats my opinion.

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I never worry about leaving a table. I normally set myself a time to leave the table and if I hit a big pot just before I leave, so be it. I always let other players know when I am leaving a few hands before I do.
    I wouldn't worry about leaving the table when you did, life does go on outside poker and I am sure other players leave when they have to as well.
    As for being a fish, I would have played the hand the same way. You can call one small bet to try and hit your card and if you miss, you are out of it, or I would be anyway. If my understanding is right, the implied odds were pretty good as you had previous with that player.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Phil, good play by the way, yes even the straight would of won. Anyway, Lots may disagree, but when online leave anytime you like without giving it any thought at all. Thats my opinion.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    I may be a fish but I only got it all in because of the straight! Not doing that on a flush draw..........although as it's Sky it would definitely have flushed anyway on the river ;)
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Yes I'm A Mega Fish, but that's not my question here! : I may be a fish but I only got it all in because of the straight! Not doing that on a flush draw..........although as it's Sky it would definitely have flushed anyway on the river ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    RIGHT this is defo AREA 51 material now.LOL and well done last night 7 8 (sigh)
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009
    imo you can leave a table anytime you like.......if you win a big pot why feel guilty and play until you give some back?..(i dont have this moral dilemma btw!)
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    Hi Phil,
    Personnally i think you shoud be hung, drawn, and quartered for doing that.........hmm on second thoughts thats WAY to good for you lol.
    As i see it, as long as you dont sit out for ages then leave no problem, this gives someone else the chance to sit down at the table, yes i can be a bit gaulling but so what, any money you have in front of you is yours to do what you want.

col