You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

unlucky with pc

kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

has anyone had bad luck with pc
my pc crashed called out comet repair as under warranty they said need new hard drive they ordered one took over a week to come when it did engineer ordered wrong one had to wait another week,finally got it working then 2 days later kept crashing and would'nt boot up called them out again that took about a week to come out,they said it was knackered so had to give me new one so few days later they phoned saying new one will be delivered yesterday it came looked good so set it up even had few games of poker then went to check something and guess what the **** thing wont come on so taking  to comet when it opens hoping they will replace it or fix it straight away so wish me luck

so has anyone else had as much bad luck as me with pc?

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    In Response to unlucky with pc:
    has anyone had bad luck with pc my pc crashed called out comet repair as under warranty they said need new hard drive they ordered one took over a week to come when it did engineer ordered wrong one had to wait another week,finally got it working then 2 days later kept crashing and would'nt boot up called them out again that took about a week to come out,they said it was knackered so had to give me new one so few days later they phoned saying new one will be delivered yesterday it came looked good so set it up even had few games of poker then went to check something and guess what the **** thing wont come on so taking  to comet when it opens hoping they will replace it or fix it straight away so wish me luck so has anyone else had as much bad luck as me with pc?
    Posted by kennybad
    No I haven't.

*Claimer......this is my one permitted 'Webby' post for the day*
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    NOT WITH MY PC BUT HAD A WASHING MACHINE FROM COMET THAT WENT WRONG SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DOOR LATCH HAD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR A "PART"
    WHEN THE REPAIR GUY TURNED UP ONLT CARRYING A BRIEFCASE I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE A SMALL "PART" HE THEN GOT OUT A TUBE OF BOSTIC AND GLUED THE THING BACK TOGETHER PHONED TO COMPLAIN WHEN HE WAS STILL THERE WAS TOLD AS LONG AS IT WORKED WHEN THE GUY LEFT IT WAS AN EFFECTIVE REPAIR. IT LASTED FOR ANOUTHER 3 WEEKS JUST LONG ENOUGH FOR THE YEARS GUARANTEE TO RUN OUT. WHEN ANOUTHER ENGINEER CAN OUT AND PUT ON A NEW DOOR AND WANTED TO CHARGE ME £70. 
    TOLD THEM NO CHANCE QUOTED CONSUMER RIGHTS EXCETRA AND SURPRISE SURPRISE THEY DECIDED NOT TO CHARGE ME AS A "GOODWILL GESTURE" LOL
    IVE WORKED IN HIGH STREET RETAIL FOR 20 YEARS, DONT KEEP ACEPTING REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS THESE ARE USUALLY FAULTY GOOD THAT HAVE BEEN "REFURBISHED" IF YOUR NOT HAPPY, CONTACT TRADING STANDARDS ESPECIALLY THE LEGISLATION ONFIT FOR PURPOSE AND REASONABLE PRODUCT LIFE EXPECTANCY .

GOOD LUCK AND DONT TAKE ANY C***  
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    i thougt from the title u ment connection going when u were on a big hand, thats happend to me, hit trips, other guy went all in, my connection went and i was forced to fold
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: unlucky with pc:
    In Response to unlucky with pc : No I haven't. *Claimer......this is my one permitted 'Webby' post for the day*
    Posted by phil12uk
    LOL! and this is mine ;)*

*Will now respond properly 

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to unlucky with pc:
    has anyone had bad luck with pc my pc crashed called out comet repair as under warranty they said need new hard drive they ordered one took over a week to come when it did engineer ordered wrong one had to wait another week,finally got it working then 2 days later kept crashing and would'nt boot up called them out again that took about a week to come out,they said it was knackered so had to give me new one so few days later they phoned saying new one will be delivered yesterday it came looked good so set it up even had few games of poker then went to check something and guess what the **** thing wont come on so taking  to comet when it opens hoping they will replace it or fix it straight away so wish me luck so has anyone else had as much bad luck as me with pc?
    Posted by kennybad
    Insist on a replacement with a different but similarly priced model.

We got our laptop from PCplanet ;) running fine so far. But I don't put games on it etc... so pretty much as new still.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    update
      comet changed the pc up and running now hope it stays that way
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    update   comet changed the pc up and running now hope it stays that way
    Posted by kennybad
    Glad ur now up and running mate.  Now get urself onto the deepstack games tonight.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ty phil but only afford the £3 deepstack
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    NOT WITH MY PC BUT HAD A WASHING MACHINE FROM COMET THAT WENT WRONG SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DOOR LATCH HAD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR A "PART" WHEN THE REPAIR GUY TURNED UP ONLT CARRYING A BRIEFCASE I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE A SMALL "PART" HE THEN GOT OUT A TUBE OF BOSTIC AND GLUED THE THING BACK TOGETHER PHONED TO COMPLAIN WHEN HE WAS STILL THERE WAS TOLD AS LONG AS IT WORKED WHEN THE GUY LEFT IT WAS AN EFFECTIVE REPAIR. IT LASTED FOR ANOUTHER 3 WEEKS JUST LONG ENOUGH FOR THE YEARS GUARANTEE TO RUN OUT. WHEN ANOUTHER ENGINEER CAN OUT AND PUT ON A NEW DOOR AND WANTED TO CHARGE ME £70.  TOLD THEM NO CHANCE QUOTED CONSUMER RIGHTS EXCETRA AND SURPRISE SURPRISE THEY DECIDED NOT TO CHARGE ME AS A "GOODWILL GESTURE" LOL IVE WORKED IN HIGH STREET RETAIL FOR 20 YEARS, DONT KEEP ACEPTING REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS THESE ARE USUALLY FAULTY GOOD THAT HAVE BEEN "REFURBISHED" IF YOUR NOT HAPPY, CONTACT TRADING STANDARDS ESPECIALLY THE LEGISLATION ONFIT FOR PURPOSE AND REASONABLE PRODUCT LIFE EXPECTANCY . GOOD LUCK AND DONT TAKE ANY C***  
    Posted by BADBOY985
     Also his capslock key gets stuck down from time to time
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009

WhAts CaP lOcK?