You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Wheres the decent fixed limit tourneys?

POCKET-9sPOCKET-9s Member Posts: 11
edited November 2011 in Community Suggestions
Theres plenty of game variety that SKYPOKER offers from Bounty hunters, to Omaha, Deepstacks etc, etc which is great.
However, ive yet to see a decent FIXED LIMIT tourny eg £50
Could this be a possibility in Feb 2012 for the UKOPS ?
Please read this question out the next time you are on 865. I'd love to hear the response from fellow players.
Thank you.
Neil

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2011
    Id say 95% of players on Sky (Me included) have no real history with fixed limit. Hardly any cash games run with fixed limit but IMO that's your best shot at getting some decent action. I've noticed 40nl and 50nl have 1 or 2 FL tables going but I think that's as high as it goes
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ive noticed a few FL ring games, However what im hoping to see is a decent FIXED tourny, or even a regular one (weekly even)
    Fixed limit is a great way to learn the game too !
    I would like to see an FL tourny as part of the UKOPS structure in FEB 2012.
    How do i get Tikay to read this by the way ?
    Im relatively new on here, still finding my way round this forum.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2011
    He will read this at some point, especially if it gets love and stays on the front page for a while. Just because Tikay hasn't commented doesn't mean he hasn't read it.

A thing you will find with not only this site but the human nature in general, they push for something because the idea sounds good, but as soon as its available people are scared of change.

Omaha and 10 handed tourneys are the perfect example on here. Tikay and others were badgered constantly for months/years to get Omaha introduced and more 10 handed tournies. Now they are available nobody plays them and they are all asking for more stuff.

True story
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,470
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Wheres the decent fixed limit tourneys?:
    Ive noticed a few FL ring games, However what im hoping to see is a decent FIXED tourny, or even a regular one (weekly even) Fixed limit is a great way to learn the game too ! I would like to see an FL tourny as part of the UKOPS structure in FEB 2012. How do i get Tikay to read this by the way ? Im relatively new on here, still finding my way round this forum.
    Posted by POCKET-
    9s
    Mission accomplished - though I am not the chap who gets things done, but I know a man who does......

Fixed Limit Tourneys? If the demand were there, I'm sure it could be sorted, but it is not.

Fixed Limit is not to many players taste, I'm sorry to say, & for now, while the Site continues being developed, I reallly can't hold out much hope if it coming in the near future.

FL is played a lot in Holland, Germany, Belguim, Russia, & especially USA, but it's a rare dish in the UK.  
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,248
    edited November 2011
    I,m a fan and would love to see even 1 decent FL MTT at a low stake

Its how i started , by accident really but even 1 weekly £3- £10 touney woulbe good

MP

EDIT -If Sky wanted to try a £100 gtd or £50 gtd with a £2 - £5 stake i would cover the dfference if it didn,t make it
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Wheres the decent fixed limit tourneys?:
    I,m a fan and would love to see even 1 decent FL MTT at a low stake Its how i started , by accident really but even 1 weekly £3- £10 touney woulbe good MP EDIT -If Sky wanted to try a £100 gtd or £50 gtd with a £2 - £5 stake i would cover the dfference if it didn,t make it
    Posted by MP33
    Its a cheap easy way to get people learning POKER in general.
    People can get involved more because flops are cheaper to see.
    Hence more involvement.