You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

PC specifications for multi-tabling 10+

WildDogWildDog Member Posts: 63
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat

The lappy i use to play poker runs XP and has 504mb RAM which obv is not up to the job for multi tabling more than 3/4 at any one time. Can any of the guys who multi table lots give me an idea of what specs i need to play 10 or more tables  so that the tables run quickly and without problems. Any advice on multiple monitors or links to useful sites to aid my purchase would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2009
    Hi WildDog,

As you probably have realised your RAM is WAAAAY too low. You can buy an upgrade RAM card and insert it yourself. Check your specs as to whether you have 2 RAM ports, in which case you should look to get a two 1G/2G cards. It's probably going to cost you about £20-£25 a piece. Also, check what processor you have.

If your looking for an upgrade, I use NVIDIA card for multiple monitors and have never had any problems. To be honest you probably won't have and problems at all with these sorts of drivers. At home i have a 2.6 Dual PRocessor with 2G RAM and have never had any issues. I don't run off Vista but I found that Mini Tables work better with Google Chrome. Remember, as Sky operates off a browser, you need a good browser. I also use Sharp monitors which have only just started to fail after 5 years.

P.S. i got all my kit from http://www.novatech.co.uk/. Brilliant site, with quick delivery. Plus they are really cheap and give you phone support. But they can't help you with your poker.

Good luck BTW.

Andy