You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Double Stack sats for £2.40 when the entry is £33.... and Still 1 in 5 go through?????

NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Errmmm.......... I can't find any satellites to tonights televised game? do they not run these now it has an 8pm start ?

*edit*

Ok I found the sats but the entry fees don't add up

Comments

• Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2009
    tonights game isn't televised as far as i can see though i may be wrong as per usual but i would have thought it would have been a good idea to have satellites as £33 is a steep buy in for a lot of people
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OK something very weird is going on here lol.

1) The Double stack sat's have now turned up but were missing earlier

2) I thought Fridays were telvised but it's not showing as a tv game

3) £33 entry for the Friday Tourrney??? Is That Normal ???

4) If it's £33 entry then why are the sats still 1 in 5 go through for a sat entry of £2.40 ???

HELP SKY RICH...... Whats going on lol
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    You will probably find that it will be a sattelite into a semi - final.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Stack sats for £2.40 when the entry is £33.... and Still 1 in 5 go through?????:
    You will probably find that it will be a sattelite into a semi - final.
    Posted by loonytoons
    It can't be, the satalite doesn't start until 6 and the double stack is at 8 so there would be no time to play this and a semi before the main event. I've just asked on the live chat Conversation below

12:39:53 Herchwyn has joined this session!
     12:39:53 Connected with Herchwyn
     12:39:53 Hi Chris, my name's Herchwyn. How can I help you today?
     12:40:21 tonights 8pm double stack tournament seems to be a £33 buy in. is that correct?
     12:41:33 Are you referring to the £18,750k GTD Primo?
     12:42:32 no thats tomorrow, im refering to the tournament displayed on your lobby which is the £12.5k Double stack and is advertised with a £33 buy in
     12:43:05 sorry sunday * for the primo but this is the 12.5k double stack
     12:44:48 Thank you for holding.
     12:45:18 I have checked and can confirm that the buy-in on the site is correct, I have checked on this on our back end admin tools too.
     12:47:02 ok then can you tell me why the 6pm sat into this tourney gives an entry seat into it for 1 in every 5 registrations but it is only £2.40 to enter. Yet at 5:45pm the double stack Direct Sat is £7 entry ???
     12:50:02 That means, 1 in 5 players will win entry into the tournament. This means that if 20 people register for that tournament then 1 in 5 of them will win entry. So 4 players will win entry into another tournament i.e. the Top 4 players of the tournament win entry into the following tournament.
     12:52:41 Oh i understand that but 5 x £2.40 only adds up to £12 and wouldn't cover the price of a seat and the direct sat is £7 to enter and is exactly the same structure (I.E 1 in 5 go through to the tournament) only £7 x 5 does add up to £35 which would cover the price of the seat
     12:56:57 in example you have a double stack sat on now that has 17 entrants who all paid £2.40. 17 x £2.40 = £40.80. But the prize fund is top 3 people will get a seat into the tournament tonight which would cost £99. I am going to register for the 6pm satalite which is priced at £2.40 entry and 1 in 5 will win a £33 seat. Can you give me a guarantee that this is right and i will get my seat if i enter and win one of those places
     12:58:04 We pay your seat into the next tournament. So the top "1 in 5" player who win entry into the tournament do not have to pay, if you have not won entry then unfortunately you will have to pay your entry. This means that is does not matter how much the entry fee into that tournament is, if you won a place into it, we will cover that for you.
     12:59:24 Yes, that is correct. If you win a place in the "top 3" in that tournament then you will win entry into that tournament
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    edited October 2009

I can't help with the Satellite pricing, that's all above my head.

I can say that tonight's Main Event will not be Televised LIVE, but it has the TV Icon, as it's probable/possible that it wll be featured in a Recorded Show.

I agree that the buy-in is steep for many, but there HAS been a clamour for Bigger Buy-in & better Structured Events, so it's filling that demand. There remains a huge variety of affordable Tournaments at all Levels, but finding something which suits every pocket is not easy!

If it misses it's Guarantee by much, of course, they'll have a re-think I imagine.

It's been a quite extraordinary week on Sky Poker. They UPPED the Guarantees, IMPROVED the Structures, & moved the Start times forward an hour - & the results have been quite astonishing (so far!), with every Tourney exceeding the 25% enhanced Guarantee. Who'd have thought?

• Options
    edited October 2009
    LOL Live chat have just come back and changed their minds. They now think it is an error an sky's part. Wonder what they are going to do about the £2.40 tournament they have had running for over an hour that they guaranteed 3 seats into tonights £33 Double Stack

They have now changed the 6pm sat to be entry to a semi for a place into tonights £33 tourny. And can you guess what time the semi starts??????????  Yep 5:15pm lol

This getting comical 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Further update. The 6pm sat has now been removed lol however the tournament they ran this morning where 17 people competed for 3 £33 seats at the entry fee of a totaly value filled £2.40 has been allowed to stand and the players who won there seats in it will get entry.

Well done those 3 :)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Stack sats for £2.40 when the entry is £33.... and Still 1 in 5 go through?????:
    Further update. The 6pm sat has now been removed lol however the tournament they ran this morning where 17 people competed for 3 £33 seats at the entry fee of a totaly value filled £2.40 has been allowed to stand and the players who won there seats in it will get entry. Well done those 3 :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Thanks for nothing lol. They are getting there own back now. running loads of £2.40 satts 1in5 for a £7 semi final at 5:15 pm. Work that one out for a mark up - for every £12 you get a £7 tourny, bit too much rake me thinks. Its better to pay £7 direct semi, thats £35 for a £33 seat which is much fairer.
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Stack sats for £2.40 when the entry is £33.... and Still 1 in 5 go through????? : Thanks for nothing lol. They are getting there own back now. running loads of £2.40 satts 1in5 for a £7 semi final at 5:15 pm. Work that one out for a mark up - for every £12 you get a £7 tourny, bit too much rake me thinks. Its better to pay £7 direct semi, thats £35 for a £33 seat which is much fairer.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Just seen that, was surprised people had entered them!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah i think they have been trying to play catch up since they realised they had messed it up, first they put the £2.40 sat on at 6pm, then they changed it's description to be a qualifier for the semi (still on at 6pm even though the semi was starting at 5:15pm) and then they moved the time of the tourney to about 3pm without letting me know !!! i was registered in it and can't play as im at work but they didn't bother letting me know they keep me bought into a tourny they moved forward 3 hrs.

Now they have kept the price the same and not realised that you will be paying £12 for a £7 seat in the semi??? I'm just going to play the 6:15 direct as sky can't seem to sort themselves out today
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    Afternoon all,

OK, I've prodded the people with the abacuses and they've straightened that all out now.  They must have been thinking about Tikay's burgundy jacket or something. 1 in 3 go through from the £2.40 satellites to the £7. 

Nicon, you have a PM. 

Sorry for the inconvenience all, and hope to see as many of you as possible at the Double Stack.

Dave
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    edited October 2009

Thanks Dave, nice one.

Who'd run a Cardroom, eh? - make a mistake & you are in serious poo!