You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

im a fish

davetreedavetree Member Posts: 104
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
i know im a fish and can only play a steady game at best. i can only afford to play low stakes and love bounty hunters, but cant cope with people going all in all the time! am i better saving up and playing a higher game?

Comments

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited December 2011
    In Response to im a fish:
    i know im a fish and can only play a steady game at best. i can only afford to play low stakes and love bounty hunters, but cant cope with people going all in all the time! am i better saving up and playing a higher game?
    Posted by davetree

There's not really a way around people going all in at any level. Playing at higher levels will get rid of the random all in with any two cards (usually). However, the fact you've called this thread "I'm a fish", and a quick look on Sharkscope, tells me that if you did start playing higher stakes, you'd be spending more money to enter, and probably getting knocked out of the tournament sooner, as well, so that would be a bad move IMO, as you'd be getting a **** of a lot less value for your money.
  • harding10harding10 Member Posts: 849
    edited December 2011
    In Response to im a fish:
    Posted by davetree
    You're almost certainly better working out how to beat the low stakes before moving up.

Most of those players who take crazy risks to build a big stack quickly are capable of losing that stack equally fast.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2011
    Just concentrate on working hard at your own game, you can't control what other people do.

I'd suggest you try some of the deepstacks. You will find the bounty hunters will attract alot more shoving.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2011
    You could try playing pot limit, of fixed limit holdem.

You might have to look at 1 of the bigger sites to get a game though.
  • davetreedavetree Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: im a fish:
    You could try playing pot limit, of fixed limit holdem. You might have to look at 1 of the bigger sites to get a game though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks all, taking it on board