You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Passing on personal information

BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
When I opened an account with skybet, I was assured that no information about me would be passed on to 3rd parties.
Yet the likes of sharkscope has information on me and I certainly didn't pass it on.

I've blocked sharkscope but that's not the point - am I expected to guess where information about me is being sent against my will and block all of them?

So the question - How do I get the site to honour its pledge and not pass information on me to anyone else? Are details of my winning and losing football bets being passed on too? Where does it end?

Comments

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited December 2011
    Sky isn't passing anything onto Sharkscope. Sharkscope gathers the information themselves. The information collected by Sharkscope is available to everyone via the tournament lobby. Anyone can look on that and copy the results into a database. Hypothetically, I could make my own database and have my own personal "Sharkscope" if I really wanted to.

If you look on Sharkscope, you'll find there's no records for cash games. The reason for this? For a tournament, they only have to copy info from the lobby. For a cash game, there's no easy way of finding out who made how much money. :)
  • torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Passing on personal information:
    Sky isn't passing anything onto Sharkscope. Sharkscope gathers the information themselves. The information collected by Sharkscope is available to everyone via the tournament lobby. Anyone can look on that and copy the results into a database. Hypothetically, I could make my own database and have my own personal "Sharkscope" if I really wanted to. If you look on Sharkscope, you'll find there's no records for cash games. The reason for this? For a tournament, they only have to copy info from the lobby. For a cash game, there's no easy way of finding out who made how much money. :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    I too have blocked sharkscope as they should not have access to my details as per Sky Contract.  If it that easy for sharkscope or anyone else to copy details then Sky should do something about it ie give me the option to say yes or no and tell me who is taking the info.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2011
    They're not using your personal details such as name and address.

edited December 2011
    They're not using your personal details such as name and address.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    LOL, I should hope not
    edited December 2011
    So what's the problem then ?

edited December 2011
    So what's the problem then ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    LOL, Don't have a problem, only a suggestion relating to the first post.
    edited December 2011
    I'm just stating the fact that they're not passing any personal information on.

Your player name is available to anybody that wants to find it.