You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Slow Internet

Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
My internet speed keeps dropping really low and because of this it is disconnecting from Sky.

I've tried turning router off/on, what ese should I try?

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited December 2011
    One 5,000,000ml can of extra strong worms opened! :-D

What speed is it 'normally' and what's it dropping down to?

Lots of possible causes such as line faults / noise, especially given some of the extra windy weather recently.

Have you discussed it with your ISP Technical Support? They should be able to see any excessive noise for example.

GL!

• Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited December 2011
    Originally I hoped it would be because of the recent update, but it turns out it has been cutting out intermittently as well, i'll have to get my Stepdad to phone them up but talk talk are usually useless at solving problesms anyway :/
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Slow Internet:
    Originally I hoped it would be because of the recent update, but it turns out it has been cutting out intermittently as well, i'll have to get my Stepdad to phone them up but talk talk are usually useless at solving problesms anyway :/
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Your internet connection speed, which you say has dropped, is down to the router / line / quality of line / noise etc. Application updates won't have any impact on the connection speed. They just use whatever connection is provided.

Have you got any of the figures to hand?

• Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Slow Internet:
    In Response to Re: Slow Internet : Your internet connection speed, which you say has dropped, is down to the router / line / quality of line / noise etc. Application updates won't have any impact on the connection speed. They just use whatever connection is provided. Have you got any of the figures to hand?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Sorry for the severe vagueness of my posts, I just barely know what I am talking about.

Yesterday my stepdad phoned talk talk and they simply said that some areas are having trouble due to the weather, so basically I have to just wait it out :/
    edited December 2011
    No worries, no need to apologise!

These things are extremely technical with many possible causes. Very hard to troubleshoot 'remotely'.