You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Simply Put.... Tournaments

EasyHoneyEasyHoney Member Posts: 58
edited January 2012 in Community Suggestions
There's obviously a gap forming on here from the amount of cash player's vs tournament player's which to be honest wouldn't bother me except for the fact there isn't a great deal of poker tournaments to choose from...

Sit and go's are great keep them as they are but for the real tournaments there must be bigger prizes for smaller buy-ins, e.g £1 in for £1000 prize pool did great the other night so we need more of these, I think £3 for £2000 prize pool would be good also, And maybe £5 for £3000 would also do well(giving the fact you can run sat's for these), Running these each once a week gives many of the new players a good look into tournament play plus alot of people play for fun, this gives them a chance to get a pay day and maybe turn them into a more competitive poker player, Remember not everyone has £22,£55,£220 to just throw around i know i don't.... I know if you run one of these each a week they would be a regular here and even be full up before the due date, if the prize pool is set in stone no matter what you will get caller's, and with re-buy's and add on's im sure skypoker.com will see the financial benefit because the prize pool doesnt increase so you get the profit.... who here agree's ?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Come on peeps!!! vote!
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited December 2011
    "  e.g £1 in for £1000 prize pool did great the other night so we need more of these"

I think the reason for that is because the lowest level Cash For Points reward is free entry into that tournament. Don't know how popular it'd be without that, but I've voted "Worth a try".
  • Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Simply Put.... Tournaments:
    Come on peeps!!! vote!
    Posted by EasyHoney
    To be honest, not a lot of peeps frequent this area of the forum.

For the record, I was the other yes vote.
  • Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited December 2011
    i voted yes, but i would like to see more £20+ tournaments a night
  • Options
    GreekWayGreekWay Member Posts: 462
    edited December 2011
    +1...Totally agree...
  • Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited December 2011

Thanks for this.

We do try to offer a range or buy in levels, so for example on a Thurs the main events are:

- Mini Bounty Hunter £3 + 30p
    - Main Bounty Hunter £33 + £3 (currently £15,000)
    - Sky Roller £100 + £10 (currently £5,000)

It is a balancing act because, if we have too many levels of buy in, it spreads the players which risks the prize pools being smaller. However, we are regularly reviewing this and making changes (like the recent very popular £3,000 BH game) and will continue to look for new opportunities.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • Options
    rob12345rob12345 Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2011
    maybe but i thick it might be hard to get number to play it
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Simply Put.... Tournaments:
    Thanks for this. We do try to offer a range or buy in levels, so for example on a Thurs the main events are: - Mini Bounty Hunter £3 + 30p - Main Bounty Hunter £33 + £3 (currently £15,000) - Sky Roller £100 + £10 (currently £5,000) It is a balancing act because, if we have too many levels of buy in, it spreads the players which risks the prize pools being smaller. However, we are regularly reviewing this and making changes (like the recent very popular £3,000 BH game) and will continue to look for new opportunities. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Cant you make a regular 1000 guaranteed tournament for say 1-2 pound buy in ? i know for a fact many will get involved and make it a re-buy but dont deep stack it too much 3000 chips 10min blinds, the guys + gals playing the bigger tournament will probally run this one along side, i know if you run it every night i would play every night