You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CONNECTION GOES DOWN WITH SERIOUS CASH IN THE POT?

nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i was only playin a small hand, but i had little money in my account. i hit 3 7s, i put bout a quid in the pot, other guy calls, then he goes all in, and my connection fails, he takes the pot. this is pretty annoyin, if u genually lose connection, shouldnt it split the pot or somthing???, i know people could cheat doing this, but shorley sumthins got to be done. what u all think, has it happend to u??????

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    It did happen to me once in an MTT but I just accepted it one of the hazards of online poker.  However I guess you could always have a chat with customer services and see if there is any they can do for you.
  • Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited November 2009
    Most sites used to have a feature called "disconnection protection" where if you lost connection in the middle of a cash hand, then you would be treated as "all-in" for the duration of the pot. Sadly, some players abused this by deliberately disconnecting so it got taken away.

Now you just get a limited amount of time to reconnect (I don't know about Sky but on Raymer and Ferguson's sites, it's about 100 seconds) and this is normally enough time to reconnect or go to your backup. Most serious players should invest in a mobile internet dongle from a mobile phone company as a backup, I know I have one.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I think on Sky, it is about 30 seconds to re-connect.
    I have had the same problem occasionally, and I don't think anything can be done about it.
    However, do what Kiwini4u advises and call customer services.
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited November 2009
    Yes, try customer services - you may be able to connect with them.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    not really serious cash... so frustrating though, i flopped a set and a guy bet the pot and i have had internet problems all day and got disconnected so my hand was folded :(
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    u  lose  your   money  think  sky  need  to  luck  at  this   because  happened  to  me    had  the  best  hand  bet  flop  and  turn    then  lost  connection    and  lost  money  have  put  in   a  lot  of  sites  have  protection  for  that   think  sky  need  to  have  it  as  well
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey guys,

if you feel technical problems have affected your ability to play at the tables, and/ or caused you to loose money please get in contact with customer care. the team will be happy to investigate all reported problems and depending on the merits of your case will see what can be done.

if you have any more problems or have any questions at all, just shout.

Rich