You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Using an additional monitor.

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,136
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I want to add an additional monitor to my laptop to make it easier to play multiple poker tables. I'm not very technical. Do I need specific ports and configuration to do this. Do the screen sizes pixels etc of the monitor need to be the same as the laptop?

Any help on how and what I need to set it up would be much appreciated,

Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)

Comments

• MISTER_BMISTER_B Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Using an additional monitor.:
    Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I want to add an additional monitor to my laptop to make it easier to play multiple poker tables. I'm not very technical. Do I need specific ports and configuration to do this. Do the screen sizes pixels etc of the monitor need to be the same as the laptop? Any help on how and what I need to set it up would be much appreciated, Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I recently added another monitor to my laptop, so can help you on this.

All you need to do is ensure your laptop has a 15 pin monitor port, (most do) basically just a standard monitor port you would find on any computer. Simply plug it in, and then go to display properties in windows, it can all be set in there.
    Plenty of youtube videos about setting another monitor up in windows if you want a good step by step guide.

The screen size doesn't matter at all, but for poker the bigger the better, so you can multitable with ease. I've got a widescreen 24"
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,136
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mister b that's great!
  • sonnyjimmysonnyjimmy Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Using an additional monitor.:
    Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I want to add an additional monitor to my laptop to make it easier to play multiple poker tables. I'm not very technical. Do I need specific ports and configuration to do this. Do the screen sizes pixels etc of the monitor need to be the same as the laptop? Any help on how and what I need to set it up would be much appreciated, Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    If you have a HD TV you can plug directly from your laptop in to that with a HDMI cable and just go to screen resolution thing and change settings to accept the external monitor.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited December 2011