You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

xbox live - EA servers down

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I just signed up to xbox live today for the first time, in anticipation of getting Fifa12 from Santa tomoz.

Get it all set up and i load up one of games to play real people online! But hang on, it says the EA servers are unavailable!!!!!

I search on google for a solution, i see 1000's of forum posts from people who constantly have these problems.

My question is, is it really this bad for everyone? Are the servers always down? Have i wasted my money getting xbox live?

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2011
    I never play fifa these days but a few years back I did and it was the same then.

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited December 2011
    Thanks mate.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited December 2011
    At least your xbox is working!

I've got two spares.....

(Although I think the new ones are ok)

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2011
    I've not used mine for nearly 12 months. Going to switch it on later, hope it still works.

• The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited December 2011
    EA servers usually pretty reliable bar the P2P system which is a neusense. Easy to lose connection to oppo unless you both live in the middle of a city with 50meg broadband.

Ive not had many problems with the EA servers of late though and imagine they might be updatering for xmas. Also have you registered with EA that can be a cause of the issue.
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited December 2011
    Ok Donald has informed me that because iv been trying to play games from the Victorian times, that they have closed them servers lol.

Will let you know tomoz if fifa12 works if Santa finally comes,
  • Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited December 2011
    The servers are better for FPSs I think

What's your GT? would be good to have a poker guy on my list lol
  • sonnyjimmysonnyjimmy Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2011
    In Response to xbox live - EA servers down:
    I just signed up to xbox live today for the first time, in anticipation of getting Fifa12 from Santa tomoz. Get it all set up and i load up one of games to play real people online! But hang on, it says the EA servers are unavailable!!!!! I search on google for a solution, i see 1000's of forum posts from people who constantly have these problems. My question is, is it really this bad for everyone? Are the servers always down? Have i wasted my money getting xbox live?
    Posted by splashies
    Ask santa for a PS3 ftw! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: xbox live - EA servers down:
    In Response to xbox live - EA servers down : Ask santa for a PS3 ftw! :)
    Posted by sonnyjimmy
    i have both. Prefer PS3 for racing/football games and single player games.

Xbox better for shoot-em ups and Online imo. Shame that it costs money to keep the blooming thing online
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: xbox live - EA servers down : i have both. Prefer PS3 for racing/football games and single player games. Xbox better for shoot-em ups and Online imo. Shame that it costs money to keep the blooming thing online
    Posted by The_Don90
    yeah man but the online network is supposed to be 10x more reliable than PSN which is pants to be honest.
    My missus got a 360 free with her new phone, played it twice lol
    Kinect thing is alright, controllers are a bit big and clumbsy i thought....like trying to play MW2 with ski gloves on.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: xbox live - EA servers down : yeah man but the online network is supposed to be 10x more reliable than PSN which is pants to be honest. My missus got a 360 free with her new phone, played it twice lol Kinect thing is alright, controllers are a bit big and clumbsy i thought....like trying to play MW2 with ski gloves on.
    Posted by sonnyjimmy
    gota agree on the controller thing. i got the xbox first but the way i combat it is i bought a bigger ps3 controller. I felt like i had 1 button on the standard one.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: xbox live - EA servers down : gota agree on the controller thing. i got the xbox first but the way i combat it is i bought a bigger ps3 controller. I felt like i had 1 button on the standard one.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ill have to give it a go later if i can peel her off Dance Central 2!! :)
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited December 2011
    In Response to xbox live - EA servers down : Ask santa for a PS3 ftw! :)
    Posted by sonnyjimmy

this!