You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker on iPad

SLAVERFiSHSLAVERFiSH Member Posts: 66
edited December 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Anyone play on iPad? Can it be done?

I've played via the web on a Blackberry Playbook although the experience isn't too clever.

Comments

• JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited December 2011
    Yes,  download an app called iSwifter, load up the web site through that and it'll work 
  • Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited December 2011

I just downloaded that and had a quick go for 2 mins.

It loads up fine and was able to log in. However you can't actually scroll down in the lobby to get to the games you want so you have to use the filters. (Pretty sure you can't play more than 1 table either). Sat down ok on a cash table and played a couple of hands fine, however I accidentally pressed the 'Home' tab whilst the table was open which took me back to the lobby. From there I was unable to get back to the table I was on - clicked on 'My Sky Poker' then 'My Tables' which listed the table but when clicking on it, it didn't do anything. Could still hear the table going in the background though but couldn't get to it at all.

Verdict after 2 minutes - Imo A load of tosh that Sky can't be bothered doing anything about (despite my recollection of seeing a couple of posts in the past on here from Sky representatives that this is something that they are looking at - My Ar se! I stand to be corrected, although I think I'll be rather tired by the time it ever appears properly on an ipad :)

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2011
    The trouble is it takes a **** of alot of work to change sites/software to run properly on ipads/tablets/phones etc.

Whilst it maybe ok to casually play one table of poker on one of these devices, nobody is ever going to be sat properly grinding away on these things so I can't see there being much call to do all of that work.