You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker rake back needs a big change

BERNIEBERNIE Member Posts: 10
edited November 2009 in Community Suggestions
rake back on nearly all sites is 25 -30% on sky it is no where near the site needs to catch up on other ,sites /competitors rake back should be be paid back monthly points are ludicrous.over £100 raked per month should be 30% rake back come on sky give a little back stop been greedy.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,117
    edited November 2009

Sky Poker reward their players vis a system specifically geared to suit the target market in which they operate. It appears to work well, all things considered.

"Rakeback" is Promotional Spend, however you label it, & Sky Poker's Promotional Spend is, in % terms, as big, if not bigger, as any Online Room, & we have several USP's of which we are proud.

As I'm sure you are aware, the world's biggest, & most successful Site, do not offer any Rakeback at all, nor do they need to.

It was interesting to chat with you during my "Take-On-Tikay" session last night, during which I do my best to field everyone's questions. With due respect, however, you did not endear yourself to me or others with your constant reference to the "you, & the Sky Robbing Club". I'll take any question, on any subject, but you'd get more respect if you were a little less confrontational with your comments. I'm really not sure why you considered it necessary to be rude to me personally, but I won't respond in kind.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Poker, wherever you play it, though I hope that's here.

Take care now.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: poker rake back needs a big change:
    Sky Poker reward their players vis a system specifically geared to suit the target market in which they operate. It appears to work well, all things considered. "Rakeback" is Promotional Spend, however you label it, & Sky Poker's Promotional Spend is, in % terms, as big, if not bigger, as any Online Room, & we have several USP's of which we are proud. As I'm sure you are aware, the world's biggest, & most successful Site, do not offer any Rakeback at all, nor do they need to. It was interesting to chat with you during my "Take-On-Tikay" session last night, during which I do my best to field everyone's questions. With due respect, however, you did not endear yourself to me or others with your constant reference to the "you, & the Sky Robbing Club". I'll take any question, on any subject, but you'd get more respect if you were a little less confrontational with your comments. I'm really not sure why you considered it necessary to be rude to me personally, but I won't respond in kind. I hope you continue to enjoy your Poker, wherever you play it, though I hope that's here. Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    To be fair though Tk that site does offer far more choice and value on what you are able to spend the points you acrue with them on. Tournament tokens and merchandise. Here you do have a little bit of cash back but beyond that there is no real value in the 1000 runner freerolls for a lot of people. I can understand the point made by Bernie however calling the company theives is not the best way to acheive this so i'm with TK on that one
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: poker rake back needs a big change : To be fair though Tk that site does offer far more choice and value on what you are able to spend the points you acrue with them on. Tournament tokens and merchandise. Here you do have a little bit of cash back but beyond that there is no real value in the 1000 runner freerolls for a lot of people. I can understand the point made by Bernie however calling the company theives is not the best way to acheive this so i'm with TK on that one
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Fair point, but they've been around a little longer than Sky Poker - who have yet to see their 3rd Birthday!

It's takes a little time to build a large, successful, Online Room, & no Site can lay claim to being all things to all men - none at all.

Everybody offers different packages, which appeal to different Clients, & the Clients (Players) in turn choose which Site best suits them.

There are many Online Rooms I like, & many I don't like. So I play on the ones which best suit my particular requirements.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    tikay  think  sky  doing  a  great  job   moveing  in  the  right  direction  hopefully  when the down  loadble  come  out  next   will be  better   if  sky  market it  right    think   they  will      more  then  likely  get  players  from  abroad  say u  have  only  been  going  3  years  your   not  doing  bad   good  luck  in the  future  to all that  play  on  sky
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: poker rake back needs a big change : Fair point, but they've been around a little longer than Sky Poker - who have yet to see their 3rd Birthday! It's takes a little time to build a large, successful, Online Room, & no Site can lay claim to being all things to all men - none at all. Everybody offers different packages, which appeal to different Clients, & the Clients (Players) in turn choose which Site best suits them. There are many Online Rooms I like, & many I don't like. So I play on the ones which best suit my particular requirements.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I can agree with that TK and your right, if i want to play elsewhere to use points for tournaments and merchandise i can (and do).

However I would like Sky to consider tokens and Merchandise as i think they would be gratefully received and well used (just look how many people want one of those Sky Poker Chip Sets lol).

While i may play games elsewhere Sky has some really good tournaments i like and i would love to be able to cash some of these points into those tournaments or maybe even just satalites into those tournaments. Not so much a grumble about Sky as an open comment that i like it so much i would like to use it more, but in turn for my rake i'd like a little more back.
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2009
    I'm shocked, sky poker is less than 3 years old!!!!
    i joined about 3 years ago thinking it had been around for ever lol.
    the only problem i have with the rake back with sky is the spread, ie u need 500 points for a fiver, 1000 for 15 therefor if u get 1999 points then the 999 points are nearly worthess. But i think what they pay back in rake is pretty fair, especially if your a big player here.
    i'm a small fry player, but the eason i enjoy sky is simply due to the channel 985 and i have learnt a lot from people such as tk and richard and lets be honest the female presenters aint bad on the eye either lol
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    points per cash hand not per 20 cash hands imo

give something back to the HnR's lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm shocked, sky poker is less than 3 years old!!!! i joined about 3 years ago thinking it had been around for ever lol. the only problem i have with the rake back with sky is the spread, ie u need 500 points for a fiver, 1000 for 15 therefor if u get 1999 points then the 999 points are nearly worthess. But i think what they pay back in rake is pretty fair, especially if your a big player here. i'm a small fry player, but the eason i enjoy sky is simply due to the channel 985 and i have learnt a lot from people such as tk and richard and lets be honest the female presenters aint bad on the eye either lol
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Having the TV channel is def part of the value of the site and being in tournaments that are televised is a USP as TK would put it that no other poker site can offer on a regular basis. i like the SPT sit n go tournaments that are running for points at the mo and if sky threw some of these on for the open, bounty hunters and primos then it would be a great way of repaying their player for the rake they pay. However i don't expect the world as i do understand that while no other site offers the play on TV aspect to their poker offer, No other site also carries the EXPENSE of offering it
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    tikay  think  sky  doing  a  great  job   moveing  in  the  right  direction  hopefully  when the down  loadble  come  out  next   will be  better   if  sky  market it  right    think   they  will      more  then  likely  get  players  from  abroad  say u  have  only  been  going  3  years  your   not  doing  bad   good  luck  in the  future  to all that  play  on  sky
    Posted by scrumdown
    I'm not 100% on this, but I seem to recall we went Live on January 31st, 2007. So we are 2 months shy of 3 years old. We did, I recall, do a "soft-launch" prior to that date.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm shocked, sky poker is less than 3 years old!!!! i joined about 3 years ago thinking it had been around for ever lol. the only problem i have with the rake back with sky is the spread, ie u need 500 points for a fiver, 1000 for 15 therefor if u get 1999 points then the 999 points are nearly worthess. But i think what they pay back in rake is pretty fair, especially if your a big player here. i'm a small fry player, but the eason i enjoy sky is simply due to the channel 985 and i have learnt a lot from people such as tk and richard and lets be honest the female presenters aint bad on the eye either lol
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    See my reply to Mr Scru.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

All the points you make in this Thread wil be perused & considered by the Suits, who see these threads.

So big thanks to BERNIE who started the Thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: poker rake back needs a big change : Having the TV channel is def part of the value of the site and being in tournaments that are televised is a USP as TK would put it that no other poker site can offer on a regular basis. i like the SPT sit n go tournaments that are running for points at the mo and if sky threw some of these on for the open, bounty hunters and primos then it would be a great way of repaying their player for the rake they pay. However i don't expect the world as i do understand that while no other site offers the play on TV aspect to their poker offer, No other site also carries the EXPENSE of offering it
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    You make some blinding points there Sir, you know how many thingies make five.

The expense of any part of the Marketing/Promotional Budget is continually scrutinised to ensure it's spent optimally. If Savings can be made in area A, it's all the more for Areas B, C, D & E, etc.

This is particularly true of the Channel, & relevant to that other debate - "IS THE NEW FORMAT WORKING?" (or whatever), in which we are debating the merits of better Tourney Structures versus the Live Show being able to show the Final Table of late-running Televised tourneys.

It's quite awkward to slice the cake fairly.