You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Any chance we can buy a new mouse for the server?

beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
edited January 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Considering all the promotions this january it's pretty tilting that there is such massive server slowdown. I assume this is because there just isn't enough capacity and there has never been this much demand.

Currently I am playing less tables than I normally have done without issue and I am constantly being sat out when it expects me to post my blind, I just raised preflop and the action came on me on the flop after it'd had told me i'd checked, my opponents time bar stayed full and nothing happened for 20 seconds when by which time it catches up and said 'unfortunately you didn't act in time'. even though I haven't seen action on me yet or my opponents previous action. Nevermind turns out I did a c/f blind on a turncard I didn't see to a bet size I didn't see.

Thanks sky.

Encourage more action, but don't have the capacity for it. expert.

Comments

• PUCPOUNDPUCPOUND Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2012
    Happens to me quite a lot, most of the time I blame my own internet/computer. But following the debarcal the other day in the £20k bounty hunter.I guess it could be at Skys end
  • CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Any chance we can buy a new mouse for the server?:
    Happens to me quite a lot, most of the time I blame my own internet/computer. But following the debarcal the other day in the £20k bounty hunter.I guess it could be at Skys end
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    big +1 to this
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2012
    I have been noticing some lag.  Not when on a few tables tho just when I'm on 15plus.
  • rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,945
    edited January 2012
    My isp is SKY and I play on SKY poker

either way can SKY sort it out )

Don't blame my isp :D
  • aiken2001aiken2001 Member Posts: 364
    edited January 2012
    Although i from time to time see issues with the game server and it obviously failed magnificently during the big bounty hunter. My main issue is the server they have this forum on for a forum that has realistically very little usage the speed is terrible with page loading times etc. Not sure where it is stored / acess speeds and bandwidth allocations are strangled by the forum. Now you would have thought sky with the truelly unlimited broadband (tounge cheek)might take a look at this from time to time.

On the games server front though I think this needs to be the next big change imagine the amount of people who came to the site over xmas for the ukops and how many of them played in that bh and went away with the impression that sky cant run a big tourney without problems.
  • smarrsmarr Member Posts: 461
    edited January 2012
    have noticed this myself
  • TrolololTrololol Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    Play less tables

/thread.
  • TrolololTrololol Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    What happened to the old one, did it die?
  • TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Any chance we can buy a new mouse for the server?:
    Play less tables /thread.
    Posted by Trololol
    Play less threads

/thread

btw you ended thread then posted again, good work.
  • aiken2001aiken2001 Member Posts: 364
    edited January 2012
    might have been better to move to community suggestions rather than trying to lose the thread in the broom cupboard
  • logdonlogdon Member Posts: 1,777
    edited January 2012

You can say what you like here no one will know.   " So Sky your Rubbish "  so there.!   only jokin.?

Can't play my DYMs at the moment the cards get stuck in mid-air when Bosh bang sat out, press raise nothing,  press again sat out.!  jeesss   AA big blind everyone taking ages to call gets to me just about to raise Boom sat out not timed out.   

Sky how am I supposed to play properly when that happens and before you say its my Computer.  Oh no.!   I only play one table at a time and to check if it was my fault I played in free play Spirited no problems.  I also played in Cash no problems.  So why was this happening in Sit&Go's and DYMs  in the rush hour but no where else. Mmmmmmm    please answer before 2013 happy new year   Annie x