You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The First Lady Of Blog

Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Just a quickie to let you know the first blog has been published.

Don't be too harsh on the comments!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Just a quick apology guys,

When I cut and pasted my blog, it placed the entire blog into one long paragraph.

I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to correct it and make it more readable, However the font is a little larger than I prefer but it won't let me reduce it further.

If Sky Rich could go into my blog and make the font a little smaller, I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Amateur :)
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    I almost went bog eyed trying to read that hale lol

Only joking good Blod
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Just off now to read hales!! and it goes without saying we're gonna be nice!!! ;)
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog:
    Amateur :)
    Posted by diablo_pez

LOL

It's very good btw.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    I know i've read it....i just can't think of a witty comment to put at this stage....
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2009
    Very good.

Print was a bit small.

• Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited November 2009
    that is one long blog
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    that is one long blog
    Posted by offshoot
    I'll have to apologise in advance then, the last one was about 2900 words.

The next one, (already finished and waiting about a week before I post it) is over 3500 words.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Brilliant blog Hayley.
    The Eastenders bit had me laughing out loud. something like 'tied plank' come to mind.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    A great read, hope the next one is as good. Where are oynutter and davyzz bloggs os do you all have a week and you are quick off the mark lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A great read, hope the next one is as good. Where are oynutter and davyzz bloggs os do you all have a week and you are quick off the mark lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    From what I understand, we all have about a month (maybe 6 weeks) to post our blogs.

Unfortunately, I have actually finished 3 of them already, (1, 2 and 4) and am currently working my way thorugh number 3.

The biggest problem I have found with writing them is that once a subject gets into my head, It keeps bouncing around until I get it down. The end result is that I cant sleep.

Also, I have found that until I get them down on MS word, I am scared of forgetting stuff. This keeps me awake more.

I draft them out and over a week or so, I make various changes, take out jokes that aren't that great, add new stuff I think of and generally tinker with it till I am happy.

I have actually changed that particular blog too many times to remember and it bears no real resemblance to it's original form.

I am still tinkering with number 4, but number 2 is ready to go to print.

I do need to wait about 10 days before posting it as I have 4 really good idea's at the minute, unless I get a flash of inspiration, I will need to spread them out a little.

Personally, I think number 2 is a lot funnier than number 1, but I will let you lot decide that.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The sad thing is.......

Number 2 is actually about 95% true.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog : From what I understand, we all have about a month (maybe 6 weeks) to post our blogs. Unfortunately, I have actually finished 3 of them already, (1, 2 and 4) and am currently working my way thorugh number 3. The biggest problem I have found with writing them is that once a subject gets into my head, It keeps bouncing around until I get it down. The end result is that I cant sleep. Also, I have found that until I get them down on MS word, I am scared of forgetting stuff. This keeps me awake more. I draft them out and over a week or so, I make various changes, take out jokes that aren't that great, add new stuff I think of and generally tinker with it till I am happy. I have actually changed that particular blog too many times to remember and it bears no real resemblance to it's original form. I am still tinkering with number 4, but number 2 is ready to go to print. I do need to wait about 10 days before posting it as I have 4 really good idea's at the minute, unless I get a flash of inspiration, I will need to spread them out a little. Personally, I think number 2 is a lot funnier than number 1, but I will let you lot decide that.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thats the problem with you women, like my wife keeps pestering me about painting the bedroom
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Touchy subject.

My old man started decorating 18 months ago. He gutted the entire house..........

Not done that much since mind you.

It's a good job the nieghbours are broad minded, had no bedroom curtains now for well over a year.

I have frightened/aroused the window cleaner more than once.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I have frightened/aroused the window cleaner more than once.
    Posted by Hale72
    I am not sure what to make of that remark. Either find out where you live and avoid at all costs or find out where you live and bring my ladder with me.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited November 2009

Brilliant pennage Hayley!

Awesome read.

The font-size is a little too small for me to read, but it's beautifully Presented.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Have to agree that the first blog was stunning Hayley, very amusing indeed.

Well done
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Brilliant pennage Hayley! Awesome read. The font-size is a little too small for me to read, but it's beautifully Presented.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is the second comment on the font size being too small.

On my computer, it is way too large, but this may be because I am the poster.

I will increase the size now, can people let me know if this is better?

Give me about 10 minutes.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have now increased the size.

Better or worse???

I need a bit of help here as It seems too large for me now, but like I say, it may be just I am the blogger and it appears larger for me as I post/edit it.