You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Does anyone know?

DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
edited February 2012 in Community Help & Advice
The address of the regulator?

I play low stakes on sky. My record is poor but I enjoy the taking part and admiring the skill of fellow players.
Since the new tourneys have been introduced, it's impossible to get a run of games where the screen doesn't freeze, the connection to sky server is broken or a box appears on the screen advising you that your transaction has timed out even though you've been pressing the call, or all in key since the cards were dealt.
I thought It was my fault. That I was doing something wrong so I got a friend who wrote the algarythym for mud splash on a well known rally game to check it out.
The problemis not with my computer nor my broadband it originates from the site.
All I want to do is enjoy playing the game but it's becoming increasingly difficult to go the length of a tourney without problems occurring.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Comments

• penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2012
    Sorry to hear that these problems are spoiling your enjoyment of the game, but it has nothing to do with the regulator whatsover.

This thread would be better in the help and advice section where someone may take a look it, the mods will probably move it there. Or contact customer care.

It is also unlikely to be a simply a Sky problem, as everyone would have these issues the same as you, and has to be the way that the Sky server is interfacing with your computer. More information will be needed. Are you playing on the download or browser ? Is it the same on both ? What browser are you on? How good is your internet connection?

I have had similar, but not such acute problems occassionally in the past, but it has been much better lately. Simple steps which have been effective in providing a quick if temporary fix have included switching between download and browser, or uninstalling, then reinstalling the download and then restarting my laptop. Clearing my cache of unnecessary junk, making sure I have the latest adobe etc, checking my firewalls are not blocking anything. All obvious stuff but if you havent tried them give it a go.

There are also many other tips that may be relevant in the help and advice section of the forum.

Good luck anyway , hope you get sorted.
  • DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Does anyone know?:
    Sorry to hear that these problems are spoiling your enjoyment of the game, but it has nothing to do with the regulator whatsover. This thread would be better in the help and advice section where someone may take a look it, the mods will probably move it there. Or contact customer care. It is also unlikely to be a simply a Sky problem, as everyone would have these issues the same as you, and has to be the way that the Sky server is interfacing with your computer. More information will be needed. Are you playing on the download or browser ? Is it the same on both ? What browser are you on? How good is your internet connection? I have had similar, but not such acute problems occassionally in the past, but it has been much better lately. Simple steps which have been effective in providing a quick if temporary fix have included switching between download and browser, or uninstalling, then reinstalling the download and then restarting my laptop. Clearing my cache of unnecessary junk, making sure I have the latest adobe etc, checking my firewalls are not blocking anything. All obvious stuff but if you havent tried them give it a go. There are also many other tips that may be relevant in the help and advice section of the forum. Good luck anyway , hope you get sorted.
    Posted by penguin7
    THanks for the advice.
    I can confirm that all the above were investigated and I have up to date versions of the software you mention.
    My broadband is provided by sky and the speed is at its optimum in my area.
    My friend Mark, is an expert in his field and is used and well respected by all the major software houses in the UK, Canada & the US.
    I have no doubt that when he told me the problem did not originate from my end, he was telling the truth especially as other players at my table suffered similar problems.
    I have now found the correct authority to investigate the problem and Mark is submitting a statement. Sky IT if you read this, there is a problem! It can't be hidden under the carpet and it will be exposed shortly please sort it!
    Thank You
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2012
    Not experiencing any problems here. To be honest I've never had any issues with Sky Poker.

Could be a thousand different reasons for your troubles.  First one I always go for is avoid using any sort of wireless networking cak. Hard to troubleshoot any problem when that rubbish is in use.

• penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2012
    One further tip for you.......

It can't be hidden under the carpet and it will be exposed shortly.

If you take the trouble to read through some of the threads in this section you will see many examples of Sky personnel making efforts to help individuals rectify problems (including for me). But the attitude you show by making ridiculous statements like this is unlikely to encourage them to do so.

There are thousands of people playing on the site with no problems at all, so the problems you have must be particular to your own set up, despite what your learned friend thinks.

There is also a large number of people who have experienced problems, and through listening to advice found solutions.
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited February 2012
    One further tip for you.......  It can't be hidden under the carpet and it will be exposed shortly. If you take the trouble to read through some of the threads in this section you will see many examples of Sky personnel making efforts to help individuals rectify problems (including for me). But the attitude you show by making ridiculous statements like this is unlikely to encourage them to do so. There are thousands of people playing on the site with no problems at all, so the problems you have must be particular to your own set up, despite what your learned friend thinks. There is also a large number of people who have experienced problems, and through listening to advice found solutions.
    Posted by penguin7

this is the reason I now personally don't go to the trouble of trying to help out anymore,

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Does anyone know? : this is the reason I now personally don't go to the trouble of trying to help out anymore,
    Posted by scouse_red
    Sadly, in a large number of cases, exactly this.