You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Odds on Newspaper Tipsters!!!

Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Shouldn't be allowed!! They watch the same races as we do,definitely more so they should not be allowed to put up as today 1/10,2/7 and 1/6 shots ....they should be advising you on an ew alternative!! Happened to be in the bookies around lunchtime and took on the 1/6 shot yes tom, with Railway Dillon at 9/2 for £10. Sweeter tasting lunch(Pastrami frenchstick) with extra money in pocket.I always look to take on these skinny priced horses..... am i alone in this fight!!!????

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited January 2012
    Hi m8

No me too and I am sure some of our amatuer tipsters could beat those woosy newspaper boys. Some times you go through the Racing Post Naps table selections and there isnt one with a horse priced higher then 5-1.

I cant workout why if somebody is bottom of the pile they keep selecting short priced horses.

1. They cant win the table
    2. If any of their readers are following there naps they want to work back to a profit not lessen there losses so two fold it is an idiot thing to do

They must have loads of time to study form and still they cant find winners . 

When i was off work for six months and had money to visit bookies everyday I made a healthy profit. Only time I ever did though. 

Not enough time now and back my favourite horses too much. Then when I dont, like Calgary Bay on Saturday they **** win.

Father V 
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2012
    Calgary Bay on Saturday they **** win!!! Tell me about it ! because i didn't get on last time,busy working at time, it won around xmas at about 10's, i thought next time out .... s o d  it won't back it ! Bol loc ks!!! Its all corrupt i tell yaaaaaa ! lol!Horse looks on the upgrade big time.
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2012
    i know personally the racing tipster of our local paper the oldham chronicle,the tipsters have a naps table thats worth a fewv grand to the winner so that is why i think they put up odds on shots as there naps ,if on a particular day they dont fancy nowt ,its better to have a 1to3 winner than a 20to1 placed horse
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited February 2012
    Andybuck

Still cant really understand that unless they are at top of table. If at bottom they are giving up another chance to go to top half. If you dont fancy anything you might as go outsider and hope.

at the end of day not the odds that make winners

Father V