You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Superbowl

edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Tonight the Patriots play the Giants in Superbowl XLVI. So i make my yearly foray into the punter's corner to tell you of my predictions.

Patriots are generally priced as 3 point favourites and i can't see the Giants getting within 3, so 21/20 on the spread or 5/7 on outright win.

MVP, unless somebody has an amazing game, the US media tend to plump for the winning QB. Therefore Tom Brady @ 23/20 would be my bet of choice. One player who may break the mould is TE Rob Gronkowski who broke the record for TE touchdowns this season with 17. So Gronkowski @ 7/1 would be my outsider.

Lastly, winning margin New England patriots to win by between 7-12 @4/1

So. i shall be having a treble
Patriots @ 21/20
Tom Brady @ 23/20
Patriots 7-12 points @ 4/1

Comments

• Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited February 2012
    Tonight the Patriots play the Giants in Superbowl XLVI. So i make my yearly foray into the punter's corner to tell you of my predictions.

Patriots are generally priced as 3 point favourites and i can't see the Giants getting within 3, so 21/20 on the spread or 5/7 on outright win.

MVP, unless somebody has an amazing game, the US media tend to plump for the winning QB. Therefore Tom Brady @ 23/20 would be my bet of choice. One player who may break the mould is TE Rob Gronkowski who broke the record for TE touchdowns this season with 17. So Gronkowski @ 7/1 would be my outsider.

Lastly, winning margin New England patriots to win by between 7-12 @4/1

So. i shall be having a treble
    Patriots @ 21/20
    Tom Brady @ 23/20
    Patriots 7-12 points @ 4/1

Ok this was me, it seems i timed out whilst writing

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited February 2012
    Considering the injury Gronkowski picked up in the game v Baltimore, I'll be amazed if he plays any major part in the game. I definitely wouldn't take 7/1 on him for MVP. He's got a high ankle sprain (the same as what Ben Roethlisberger had at the end of the season, you presumably saw how that effected him), and from what I've heard, Gronkowski is playing but he'll have to have surgery on his ankle during the offseason as a result. As of today, he's still listed as  "Questionable".

Sky Bet are still giving Over/Under 5.5 receptions and Over/Under 72.5 yards on him, and I've put £5 on under on both which I think is brilliant value :)

1) Even if he does get several receptions, I imagine he won't be getting many yards after the catch because he won't be able to run as easily.
    2) It's not guaranteed that he'll finish the game - And 30 minutes half time will be a killer.
    3) He's played 18 games, and in 8 of them, he's had 5 or less receptions anyway despite being fully fit.

HOWEVER, he did get 8 receptions for 101 yards when these teams met earlier in the season (Giants won 24-20).
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Superbowl:
    Considering the injury Gronkowski picked up in the game v Baltimore, I'll be amazed if he plays any major part in the game. I definitely wouldn't take 7/1 on him for MVP. He's got a high ankle sprain (the same as what Ben Roethlisberger had at the end of the season, you presumably saw how that effected him), and from what I've heard, Gronkowski is playing but he'll have to have surgery on his ankle during the offseason as a result. As of today, he's still listed as  "Questionable". Sky Bet are still giving Over/Under 5.5 receptions and Over/Under 72.5 yards on him, and I've put £5 on under on both which I think is brilliant value :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    I'm rich :D Yay!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Evil Pingu,

I took your advice on Gronkowski and also did Giants to win and under 53.5 points in game for three nice win bets.

Pity I didn't hav the Safety bet as well which I looked at but discounted.

Father V