You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAO Sky

Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
edited February 2012 in Community Suggestions
A few things that need to be changed:

* I have been with Sky Poker since last March and the "This month" tab in the league has NEVER worked.

*When looking at hand histories, the "Previous" and "Next" buttons are the wrong way round.

*When viewing the live stream, the "Pause" and "Play" buttons are the wrong way round.

*The "Buyin/Stakes" tab in the "My Tables" section does not work.

*You cannot use volume control during the countdown before a game starts, or during a break. The volume control panel then appears after this, but you are unable to click it and have to reload the table.

There are MANY more things like this, but I can't remember them atm. Please post if you know any more...

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2012
    Moved before I could even post lol, but anyway +1 to 'This month' tab
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited February 2012
    The hand histories previous and next buttons seem to be in the logical place for me. The next button is on the right and the previous is on the left.

Not sure what you mean regarding the live streams pause and play button being the wrong way round. They're both the same button for me. When I press play it changes to pause and when I press pause it changes to play.

The buyin stakes tab in My Tables seems to work for me.

Are you using the download or browser ? What browser are you using if you are using that ? What operating system are you using ?
  • Options
    StringerBStringerB Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Crazy how many issues you can come up with. It would be nice if Sky maintained a public "to do list" on the forum so at least we know they have listened.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky:
    The hand histories previous and next buttons seem to be in the logical place for me. The next button is on the right and the previous is on the left. Not sure what you mean regarding the live streams pause and play button being the wrong way round. They're both the same button for me. When I press play it changes to pause and when I press pause it changes to play. The buyin stakes tab in My Tables seems to work for me. Are you using the download or browser ? What browser are you using if you are using that ? What operating system are you using ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It's not about the place they are in, left/right it is correct, the problem is the "previous" button takes you to the NEWER hand, which is just illogical.

When the live stream is playing, the button to pause shows a "play" sign, it should show a "pause" sign as pressing the button paauses the stream.

It's the "finished" section of my tables, I play on download and it doesn't work for me at all

operating sytem, erm, i'll get back to you on that...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Crazy how many issues you can come up with. It would be nice if Sky maintained a public "to do list" on the forum so at least we know they have listened.
    Posted by StringerB
    Most of them are simple things like buttons being the wrong way round, but they still tilt me :/
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky : It's not about the place they are in, left/right it is correct, the problem is the "previous" button takes you to the NEWER hand, which is just illogical. When the live stream is playing, the button to pause shows a "play" sign, it should show a "pause" sign as pressing the button paauses the stream. It's the "finished" section of my tables, I play on download and it doesn't work for me at all operating sytem, erm, i'll get back to you on that...
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    The previous button takes you to the hand you previously looked at.

If you start looking at your hands from a  session it shows you the newest hands first, click next to show the next hand, then click previous to go back to the hand before. This is how it should work.

The pause and play button is just how it works.

Some video players show you a pause symbol once you're playing, others show you the state the player is in.

You're right about the stake/buyin though, I was pressing the wrong one when I tried it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky : The previous button takes you to the hand you previously looked at. If you start looking at your hands from a  session it shows you the newest hands first, click next to show the next hand, then click previous to go back to the hand before. This is how it should work. The pause and play button is just how it works. Some video players show you a pause symbol once you're playing, others show you the state the player is in. You're right about the stake/buyin though, I was pressing the wrong one when I tried it.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    IMO "previous" should mean chronologically previous

Really? I have never seen this anywhere, and it just seems stupid for a button that you press to do the exact opposite of what it says :/
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Changing the previous button to work chronologically would be confusing imo. It's just takes you to the previous hand/page so should stay as it is.

Think of it as reading a book, if you wanted to go back to the previous page you'd press that button.

Yes a few websites/media players do us their buttons like that.

I do agree that it's much better as you described.

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2012
    The next / previous buttons always get me too.  I usually just close it and take a stab at picking the hand id I actually want to see, lol. 

It's usually easy to find as it's red with a - at the front.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Changing the previous button to work chronologically would be confusing imo. It's just takes you to the previous hand/page so should stay as it is. Think of it as reading a book, if you wanted to go back to the previous page you'd press that button.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    OK, i guess this kind of works if you are viewing your hands from the most recent hand, and working your way to the older ones, but surely it'd be better to start from the earliest hands and work to the newer ones because you will have deeloped reads along the way?

If you randomly pick a hand in the middle of your hand history, clicking the next button gives you what would have been the previous hand in your session. and vice versa
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I suppose it depends on how you view your HH.

I never look at all of my hands, I just pick out key ones so I tend to work from the newest.

The best way to change it then would be to have the previous and next always show the next hand to view and the previous hand you looked at no matter where you start from.