You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

'View new posts' option/go straight to last post

rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 14
edited November 2009 in Community Suggestions
On a lot of forums you can have the view new posts option. This just allows you to see what has been posted since the last time you visited the forum without having to jump from section to section and subject to subject. It's pretty useful.

Another good tool is when you are looking down a list of topics you can press a symbol beside the name of the last poster. This allows you to go directly to the most recent post for that subject without having to open up the subject, press on the last page and scroll down to the final post.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey there,

when viewing the list of topics in the forum try clicking on the little gold star that appears next to some of the threads. this is a new post indicator and will take you straight to any new unread posts. as you read each post in the thread and head back to the list the gold star should vanish. (try refreshing your page if it doesn't go straight away)

hope that helps,

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OK thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Still think your tech guys need to incorporate this 'view new posts' option. It's literally just a button you press when entering the forum that shows you all the most recent posts in chronological order. It's very common in the bigger poker forums - take a look at CardsChat, TwoplusTwo, Wass, etc. It makes it much easier to track 'live' topics than the current set-up.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks for your post. i'll certainly take a look and consider this for future releases. i hope you're enjoying the community so far
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited November 2009
    RICHHHHHHH!!!

soz for shouting but you have answered another thread which has been opened with yet another 'sugestion'. But my suggestion from 3 hours ago in what i believe is the correct area to put this suggestion(in the 'what improvements would you make to this site') has not even been acknowledged or replied to yet!!

HELP.......(or shall i just open i new thread?)

Oh....just thought of another suggestion. Have all the suggestions in one area! (oops, sorry, put that in the wrong thread)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hey,
    i replied to your other post on the last thread. sorry for the late reply i'll get onto your original post straight away.

all the best,

Rich