You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Money paid out on Redknapp

JackoG9JackoG9 Member Posts: 69
edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Read this morning that Paddy Power have paid out on bets placed before 9am today on Harry Radknapp becoming next England boss. Just interested why they would do this? Why not just stop taking bets on him?

Comments

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2012
    free publicity in national news papers about there betting site,,to advertise would cost hundreds of thousands i bet they havent paid that out,this has been done before ,shrewd move by paddy
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    yeah like all of the Irish people,  Mr power is a very smarty man. I still tonight was talking of how they paid out on Big Bucks two years ago before he defended World Hurdle crown. Stays in the memory, very usual tool to have. Fantastic businessman.  Re a successor to Mr Capello, It surely is one of life's great mysteries, who will lead the English national team to a defeat to France, 1 each darw with Sweden and lose to joint hosts Ukraine in Mid June, usual carry on really
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    didnt france knock the irish out once
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Money paid out on Redknapp:
    didnt france knock the irish out once
    Posted by andybuck
    yes from what i remember it was a fantastic RIGHT HANDER!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yes shame when {the king } hand balled it,,pmsl
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yes shame when {the king } hand balled it,,pmsl
    Posted by andybuck
    i preferred when maradonna put your mob out in 86 with the hand of god!!! or fonder memories even still of ray houghton's goal in stuttgart in '88! fond times indeed :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i didnt see you argue with the results predictions all the same, if you do ill be happy for you to lay me it as a treble, also happily hand over big stakes on the 1 each draw with sweden if your up for laying that, cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Money paid out on Redknapp : yes from what i remember it was a fantastic RIGHT HANDER!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    what has 4 legs and more money than Pompey? Harry Redknapp's dog
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    why is it that the irish ,scots and welsh want england to lose much more than they want there own team to win,,,SIMPLES {JEALOUS},,,

1966,,nuff said
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    why is it that the irish ,scots and welsh want england to lose much more than they want there own team to win,,,SIMPLES {JEALOUS},,, 1966,,nuff said
    Posted by andybuck
    there's a shock throwing in that old chestnut! so what happened in 1966 then? im dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying to know.............. yawn
  • Options
    edited February 2012

i'd much rather ireland win than the english lose tbh, just pointing out the predictions for your mob in the summer. what price are you laying me for the 1-1 sweden draw? history indicates this will most likely be the score. if you disagree then give me an offer i cant refuse. ill back 10 pts on it. are you on the exchanges?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i agree with the sweden game we have poor record against them and 1  1 looks a sensible bet,,to be honest theres only 3 teams can win it ,,GERMANY HOLLAND AND SPAIN,,spain are a brilliant team but alot of there players have been playing nearly 3 years none stop now,so imight have the GERMANS AND THE DUTCH instead
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    germans are the best team in the world but they cant play against spain, thats how i look at it. nothing friendly between them and the dutch so id take their recent 3 nil as a good pointer and say if germany can avoid spain theres no one will stop them