You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

OVERLAY ALERT!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,325
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Tonight's £33, £12,500 Guaranteed Double Stack has only 145 runners at 7.20pm. It starts at 8pm, & unless there are 417 runners, it's ole overlay time.

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I have to admit i'm looking at my bankroll and trying to decide if I want to push the boat out on this one.  Probably going to wait till nearer 8.00 and then make my decision. 

I HATE to break my bankroll rules but that overlay sure looks tempting lol
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    i will defo be entering if i can double up in my next DYM, would have already been in but my kk got beat to q10, for some reason i dont  think that the poker gods want me to enter this beauty!
  • Options
    nagromnagrom Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2009
    lol already failed in 3 satellites for this today so think I will have to give it a miss despite the obvious temptation.... :(
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: OVERLAY ALERT!:
    i will defo be entering if i can double up in my next DYM, would have already been in but my kk got beat to q10, for some reason i dont  think that the poker gods want me to enter this beauty!
    Posted by webby234
    sigh i hope your winnings from last night hasn't gone to Sky Bet webby :(

plz tell me you withdrew lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    yeah i withdrew 75% of the money so not gone broke but really wish i had remembered this first, gotta feeling i'm gonna double up but not sure if games gonna finish before 8!
  • Options
    CHIPADEECHIPADEE Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2009
    can you tell me wots overlay please
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    my DYM isnt going to finish in time to enter this, been running 8 minutes and only got 25 mins to enter so think i am gonna just miss out by a minute or so ;-(
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009

DEPOSITED MY BANKROLL FOR THE WEEK(£20) ON MONDAY, ALL GONE BY TUESDAY, AGAIN. WAS HOPING TO GET SOME PRACTISE IN FOR THE PRIMO SUNDAY, NOT MUCH CHANCE NOW.GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU, I'LL BE WATCHING THOUGH.

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    Yes  ive been  rivered in 2 satellites ....  but  what choice is there "Eastenders" or  Play ?
    Right,  'heads' it's Peggy Mitchell and Co.... ...."tails" ....it's 'Double Stack' .......          

....HEADS  eehk       ..good  poker  it is then !!!  ...   what ?  what ? 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by CHIPADEE
    Its when the guarantee money exceeds the money paid by the entrants to the game so for example tonight I think there has to be 417 entrants to cover the guaranteed prize pool, any less than that and Sky makes up the difference.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Posted by CHIPADEE
    Overlay is the extra money that SkyPoker are contributing to the prize pool.
    Where there is a guaranteed prize pool (£12,500 in this case) if the entry fees make less than this, there is an overlay.
    12500/30 = 417 approximately so if less then 417 enter, there is an overlay.
    This doesn't include the "rake", i.e. the extra £3 that you pay to SkyPoker in the entry fee.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,325
    edited November 2009
    Posted by CHIPADEE
    Hi Chip.

Overlay is when there is a Guarantee of, say, £1,000 for a Tournrey that costs £10 to Enter, & it only has 80 runners.

80 x £10 = £800, there is  £1,000 GUARANTEED, so there is £200 of Overlay. It;s free money for poker players really.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    where's sky steve just when you need him?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    5 players left need 2 to fall in 14 minutes, but im low stack, so its not looking good for me!!!

jast as i'm typing another goes, 4 left!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    and 1 player is AWAY lol, surely its written in the stars
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    EKKKKKK out of the Orfordable... my Kings up against Aces... should have let them go, far too early with blinds at 30/60 (was at 6000 chips) to call an allin re re raise... blah! back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    CHIPADEECHIPADEE Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2009

thankyou all for explaining it to me i didnt know what it meant, i thought it was something like that.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    and 1 player is AWAY lol, surely its written in the stars
    Posted by webby234
    Good luck Webby
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    jesus christ ive seen it all now, with 4 players left and 1 away i move all in with aq in little blind, i only have around 1200 and bb has 2000, player whos away has 1400, player in big blind calls my all in with 22!!! i totally miss and am out, can not beleive how player in bb calls with 22
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That overlay was WAY too tempting so I am in.

Unlucky Webby