You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

sky poker "royal flush" rolling jackpot

EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
edited July 2009 in Community Suggestions
how about this.....
for every hand played or tourni started a very small % of the rake goes into a kitty.   its simple if you hit a royal flush you hit the jackpot, it doesnt matter if ur playing a 2/4p cash table a 30p double ur money or playing the open.... winner takes all

Comments

• Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009
    In Response to sky poker "royal flush" rolling jackpot:
    how about this..... for every hand played or tourni started a very small % of the rake goes into a kitty.   its simple if you hit a royal flush you hit the jackpot, it doesnt matter if ur playing a 2/4p cash table a 30p double ur money or playing the open.... winner takes all
    Posted by EDKENT123
    Understand the sentiment, but this can't be done by %. Assuming the jackpot is the same, then the take must be the same. Taking 1p in a 2p/4p game is a significant amount, while taking 1p in a £5/£10 is pretty irrelevant.

The way to overcome this is to have 'Jackpot tables' (can be MTTs or Sngs), where whoever sits down implicitly agrees that 5p goes into the Jackpot pool.
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    The other way to overcome it is to not have it at all. They have bad beat jackpots and other such jackpots on other sites and I really don't like it. I'd be disappointed if sky followed a similar route.
  • Options
    candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited July 2009
    ive had a royal flush playing with sky. do i win the jackpot lol!

candi xxxx
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    Of course you do!

It's 1000 chips of play money!!!

All you have to do is pay the £10 delivery charge and they are yours!
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited July 2009
    I got two yesterday in 50 hands, do I get double bonus?
  • Options
    codcod Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2009
    In Response to sky poker "royal flush" rolling jackpot:
    how about this..... for every hand played or tourni started a very small % of the rake goes into a kitty.   its simple if you hit a royal flush you hit the jackpot, it doesnt matter if ur playing a 2/4p cash table a 30p double ur money or playing the open.... winner takes all
    Posted by EDKENT123
    **** GOOD IDEA M8.THE BIG BOYS WOULD BABBY.THE ONY WAY ROUND IT 2 B FAIR WOULD BE HAVE A JACKPOT 4 ALL THE DIFFERENT LEVELS,EVEN IF U DONT PLAYEM ALL TH TIME,WHATEVER TABLE UR ON WHEN U GET IT U GET THAT POOL,EASY.THE MIGHTY COD APPROVES
  • Options
    hustler12hustler12 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
    Royal flushes are too common for this jackpot idea to be a success... bad beat jackpots work because quads being beat is far rarer... maybe you could do the jackpot for flopping a royal flush as that is much rarer... although i did do that couple of days ago ;)
  • Options
    Lilly-106Lilly-106 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2009
    I also play a lot of poker on Poker Heaven's site and they have a 'bad beat' jackpot. Basically, it's a progressive jackpot which has reached over half a million Euro's before. The rules are simple, if you have at LEAST four-of-a-kind
    6's or higher and you LOSE to a better hand, you win the jackpot. But you don't get all the money. You get a big percentage for winning, the player who beat you gets a nice slice and all the players on that cash table get a little bit aswell.

This obviously attracts more players to cash tables and makes for a more interesting game....