You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Stand out Bet -Get on Now

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
edited March 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hi all,

Away from my normal safety zone, being football, but if you are sure Harry redknapp is going to be England Manager for the euro's get on this.

With Rooney suspended for first games, Welbeck and sturridge harly setting the world on fire and Bent injured Harry wont be able to resist picking a striker who has had a pretty easy season so should be fresh, plays for his team and has a good England goalscoring record. Namely Jermaine Defoe who is a stand out 20-1 to be top england goalscorer at Euro 2012.

Are we likely to get progress through the group, no, so Rooney at 11-2 poor value and if we do I can only see Defoe scoring early on so it would be hard to jettison him for the later stages.

Ok a lot of ifs and buts but at 20-1 he is a stand out value bet.

Father V

Comments

• Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited March 2012
    Your thinking is exactly spot on apart from the fact that Redknapp never picks Defoe. He has occasionally gone with Pavluchenko ahead of Defoe. Personally i think Defoe is Englands best finisher and at 20-1 its an fantastic price. I think 2 goals would be englands top scorer.
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2012
    might have a small flutter on no goals @ 25's for the craic
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2012
    Defoe hardly ever starts for Spurs so cant see him starting for England, especially if harry is the manager, but good luck with your bet
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Harry doesn't pick him for Spurs because he has foreigners to pick from, he wont as England Manager. 

Also knows what he will get with Defoe, had him at Portsmouth and now spurs.
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited March 2012
    +1!!

Was meybe a question mark about Defo even going, but with Bent now injured, obvs Rooney out for at first two games, finally Media & Fulham fans realising Zamora is S.H.I.T!!  

20-1 is a GREAT PRICE!!

wonder what price Sturridge is, as HE SEEMS to have come on the most!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sturridge 7-1

Thats why stand out bet Defoe,

And by the way no skin off my nose if other people have their own views.

I just think people should be aware that it appears to be a value bet to me and their might be other people who think so too and what to partake.

Father V