You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NOT A BAD COUPLE OF DAYS WORK........

LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
edited March 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

A stable lad belonging to the Nicky Henderson stable has won around £1million in an accumulator bet on five of the yard's runners at the Cheltenham Festival this week, it was reported on Thursday night.

The bet was reported to be have been placed with Bet365 late last year, when the odds would have been much bigger, and featured Sprinter Sacre on Tuesday, Simonsig, Finian's Rainbow and Bobs Worth on Wednesday, and Riverside Theatre on Thursday afternoon.

Bet365 were unable to be contacted by Press Association Sport, but while declining to confirm details, Pat Cooney, spokesman for the firm, was quoted on the Guardian's website as saying: "We're pleased for all our customers who've had a winning day today but we don't discuss individual accounts.

"This one particular customer's had an extremely good time of it."

The BBC's Claire Balding tweeted: "The lad who looks after Finian's Rainbow had a 5-timer on Nicky Henderson winners & has won £1 million! Says he'll still be at work tomorrow."

On Wednesday, Henderson overtook the late Fulke Walwyn as the winning-most trainer at the Festival. He saddles Gold Cup favourite Long Run on Friday.

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2012
    well done to that young lad indeed!!! great to hear! Mr Hendserson has been in frightening form all week.

And good on him for weighing into work tomorrow, why not after all, could be the next budding Mr Henderson in the making!!

My 50p e/w canadian tomorrow will only run me a 10th of that but the bookie chappies might as well pay me out now 'cos it gonna come up!!!  :)

I remember reading all the stable lads were super keen on Burton Port and all gobbled up the 33's before his Newbury run. 

Think he's got a great chance