You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Our Ambassadors.....

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

A word about our Vegas WSOP qualifiers in 2008 & 2009.

No less than FIVE of them were present on Saturday - Ben, Dan, Mike, Hoggers, & Tony, two even Finalled.

I think these guys have been just splendid for Sky Poker, top blokes, all of them. (Ben is back at school today).

Long may it be so.

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Our Ambassadors.....:
    A word about our Vegas WSOP qualifiers in 2008 & 2009. No less than FIVE of them were present on Saturday - Ben, Dan, Mike, Hoggers, & Tony, two even Finalled. I think these guys have been just splendid for Sky Poker, top blokes, all of them. (Ben is back at school today). Long may it be so.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi
    I spent a little time talking to Dan, Mike, Greg, and Tony and i totally agree they are a credit to themselves and Sky Poker, nice people all of them.
    I didn't get a chance to speak to Ben much but i think thats because he was looking for the sweetie shop lol

col
  • Options
    GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited November 2009
    I had the pleasure in meeting all these guys on Saturday, a great bunch of quality poker players and a true credit to sky poker.

I'm still blaming Mike Q's limp UTG for my 22nd place finish, thanks Mike ( maggiesdad )...next time I'm  insta shoving with AJ there, a superior hand alot higher than my general range.

Seriously though it was a well organised and well attended event, the work that must go into organising such an event/tour must be immense and everyone involved should be congratulated on a job well done....

Bring on Newcastle, good luck to everyone in the qualifiers....

GB
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Our Ambassadors.....:
    A word about our Vegas WSOP qualifiers in 2008 & 2009. No less than FIVE of them were present on Saturday - Ben, Dan, Mike, Hoggers, & Tony, two even Finalled. I think these guys have been just splendid for Sky Poker, top blokes, all of them. (Ben is back at school today). Long may it be so.
    Posted by Tikay10
    well said tk but can you hold a whip round for a new wardrobe for greg lol
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    Sky is all about quality and in these players we got it. Greg I can call a friend and its great to see them all playing in the SPT.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Our Ambassadors.....:
    In Response to Our Ambassadors..... : well said tk but can you hold a whip round for a new wardrobe for greg lol
    Posted by DELTA
    Right, the next SPT leg, i will wear my bestist suit! Or maybe i could get a Burgandy Jacket in XXL that might help!
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Sky is all about quality and in these players we got it. Greg I can call a friend and its great to see them all playing in the SPT.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Thx Dave,  looking forward to meeting you and Alan at Luton i guess?

• Options
    budgirlbudgirl Member Posts: 100
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Our Ambassadors..... : Thx Dave,  looking forward to meeting you and Alan at Luton i guess?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Cant believe that bird at the bar on friday night was more interested in you than me greggy.
     id better make more of an effort next time
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited November 2009
    Nice post Tikay. I only got to meet one of the Sky Royalty and that was Hoggers. Pleasure to meet you Greg.
  • Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited November 2009
    i was sat with Ben to my left at the start of the tourney, how scared was i when i saw that...,he turned out to be a really nice guy, chatted about his vegas trip and had nothing but nice things to say about the whole sky crew that took him there. top chap.