You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

the open

MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
would everyone like to see the open brought back as skys main game???? not everyone likes the bounty hunters, infact dont know anyone that does like them!!! im not saying get rid of bounty hunters just not main game

Comments

• Options
    ginge999ginge999 Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2009

Yes i would rather definetly play the open. but i do prefer the 10 minute blind structure as theres more time to play proper poker rather than shove and most of the time being a 50/50 shot of taking down the hand i feel this is more luck than skill.

• Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2009

Yep, I started the same thread in the community suggestions forum. Bounty hunter is rubbish.

Normal open 9pm every night is needed

• Options
    T_ForceT_Force Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: the open:
    Yes i would rather definetly play the open. but i do prefer the 10 minute blind structure as theres more time to play proper poker rather than shove and most of the time being a 50/50 shot of taking down the hand i feel this is more luck than skill.
    Posted by ginge999
    10 minute blinds is a turbo tourney in my book!
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009
    Please start the Open at 8pm. Fridays and Saturdays are OK for a 9pm start, but the rest of the week is a no-go.
    I played in a 9pm Open once, made the final table and was still there at, I think, about 1.30 am! No good when you've got to be up at 6 for work.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SOZ V I DIDNT SEARCH M8 MY BAD BUT MORE THE MERRIER I THINK U??? IVE FINAL TABLED A FEW TIMES IN OPEN NEVER WON IT THO AND I THINK ITS ALWAYS OVER BY 12.30???
  • Options
    Buster69Buster69 Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2009
    i prefer the open but ................. you need 15 min blinds rather than 7 or 10 because otherwise its just as much of a donkament than a bounty hunter because all the money is in pre flop as soon as the blinds get to like 400/800 then the only move you have is all in whereas if you have 15 min blinds with like 2000 starting stack then you can use your skill and moves and even take stabs get caught and still have enough to fold and go again.
    as it is at the minute i had ak blinds at 600/1200 i had 8400 chips so i pushed all in and got called by the bb with 34 and he flopped the straight where if the blinds are longer i dont think he makes that call anyone else agree with the blind structure????
  • Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2009
    SOZ V I DIDNT SEARCH M8 MY BAD BUT MORE THE MERRIER I THINK U??? IVE FINAL TABLED A FEW TIMES IN OPEN NEVER WON IT THO AND I THINK ITS ALWAYS OVER BY 12.30???
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Nah chill I didnt mean it like that. Im glad that you also agree. I don't have a problem with the timing, I don't play tourneys much. BUT if the open was running normally every night 9pm then I would play regularly
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i prefer the open but ................. you need 15 min blinds rather than 7 or 10 because otherwise its just as much of a donkament than a bounty hunter because all the money is in pre flop as soon as the blinds get to like 400/800 then the only move you have is all in whereas if you have 15 min blinds with like 2000 starting stack then you can use your skill and moves and even take stabs get caught and still have enough to fold and go again. as it is at the minute i had ak blinds at 600/1200 i had 8400 chips so i pushed all in and got called by the bb with 34 and he flopped the straight where if the blinds are longer i dont think he makes that call anyone else agree with the blind structure????
    Posted by Buster69
    i like the 7 minute blinds but each to there own, i find the weak players are found out quicker when blinds get bigger and they dont no wot to do, ie allin or fold, there still trying 2 limp in. soz v i didnt mean it as u took it m8 i just find it easier 2 make the text bigger!!!
  • Options
    THEGUV60THEGUV60 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2009
    hi its theguv60 i like both types of games,i love bounty hunters because if i do not make the top twenty positions i can still take some money out of the game i have played by the bountys that i have taken,but i also like the big tournaments like the open aswell,why can't we have both games at 9.00,with the new multi table facility it will be very easy to do both games at the same time.Thank you very much from theguv60 aka Mark Wilton.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hi its theguv60 i like both types of games,i love bounty hunters because if i do not make the top twenty positions i can still take some money out of the game i have played by the bountys that i have taken,but i also like the big tournaments like the open aswell,why can't we have both games at 9.00,with the new multi table facility it will be very easy to do both games at the same time.Thank you very much from theguv60 aka Mark Wilton.
    Posted by THEGUV60
    great post the tv will get more hands 2 choose from aswell . bring it on