You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekly Tournament = BIG MONEY!!!

RYAN118RYAN118 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Community Suggestions

Hello.....Just an idea...

£11 Buy in Tournament played every Sunday (£10 pot +£1 SKY) for 52 weeks (a year), just say a 100 people play every Sunday, that's £52,000...not bad!

Give points to the top 30 finishes?

Who ever has the most points at the end of the year takes the majority of the pot and maybe pay down to 30th??

Start the Tournament at about 6 o'clock so it doesn't interfere with the Open. Just imagine if we had the numbers entering this that enter the Open that would be a lot of £££££££££!

Let me know what you think :)

Comments

• Options
    temp118temp118 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009

I like the idea, I think the regular players on sky poker would play this. About time Sky Poker brought something new to the site.

• Options
    BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2009
    I have started a forum about bigger tournies on sky poker. I was hoping to get a daily 1 on the go. What i have propesed is a daily £2000 or £3000 gtd. The open in my view is a joke, its all in or nothing. What do you guys think? I also like the idea of the 52 week tournie, the only draw back could be people paying big money towards the end to get in on the action. Maybe you could start with the registration and after the first tournie no 1 else can enter. Just a thought thats all. All the best at the tables BOSSBOX.
  • Options
    mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2009
    sounds like a good idea ryan am up for it defo, and also i agree wiv bossbox, surely sum1 from sky can see these posts and do somethin about it
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2009

micko nice idea u chump... but 6pm alot of people have nippers mate... my suggestion is u have a tourney over 10 weeks and do it as a "league" basis"... after the 10 weeks the leader gets a prize... say a %% of what was bought in per tourney...so u can get league points...i.e 10 points for 1st... 9 for 2nd and so on,,,, and start about 8ish... alot of people can multitab.... and its a better time....a bit later... aint been on here for a while micko but i see ur becoming a bit of a legend!!!! u goon!!! ;-)))

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited June 2009
    Great Idea ....or

How about playing satellite's to a " Mini Cruise " on the Med  (5-7 day) with 'tournaments' and 'sit an go's' at night !!

Not sure of the cost but maybe 'The Suits' as TK calls them might look into it ??

• Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited June 2009
    people would stop registering once they realised they wouldnt be making it into the money so the fields would get smaller the longer it goes on.
  • Options
    BradnockBradnock Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2009
    Agree with offshoot, but maybe a shorter timeline (4weeks/6 weeks or 13weeks) could keep it fresh and people interested knowing that a new round is only short time away.