You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

televise lower limit cash tables

mallrat12mallrat12 Member Posts: 22
edited May 2012 in Community Suggestions
While I enjoy watching the action and hearing the analysis from the cash tables, I think a lot of players would benefit from some analysis and advice about playing on the lower limit cash tables as there are a lot of good players (and a whole lot of poor players!!) who simply don't have the bankroll to play on the higher limit tables and by televising some of the hands might help us all become better players, just a suggestion.

Comments

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2012
    They do show some lower levels such as 5p/10p and 10p/20p. Usually these are shown on the live shows from 7pm until 8pm.

• Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited April 2012
    ...which are the shows that are never repeated...
  • Options
    KAM99KAM99 Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2012
    LIkely the show would just need just one line on auto repeat "Stop limping with rubbish hands!". THink any time I've seen a show that does cover the low limits they struggle to give advice that won't sound to rude, as the play is often so bad its hard to give critical advice in a short space of time due to how many wrong things get done.

Understandable as its low stakes and those people are often just learning the game, and so maybe more shows covering them and saying what should be done would help. But have to wonder do those players watch the shows? Read a book? Anything? Hard to say, but hey couldn't hurt I guess, and its amusing too sometimes. :)
  • Options
    WoldulpWoldulp Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2012

Whack one 4NL tables on the TV list and have one of the pundits give it a go for a couple of hours to see how they do?

They are always saying 4NL is easily beatable – be interesting to see if they could beat these fishy players. Seem to remember reading a recent post from Scotty77 saying he would give it a go.

Would be interesting to see their strategies and if/how they would change.
  • Options
    KAM99KAM99 Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: televise lower limit cash tables:
    Whack one 4NL tables on the TV list and have one of the pundits give it a go for a couple of hours to see how they do? They are always saying 4NL is easily beatable – be interesting to see if they could beat these fishy players. Seem to remember reading a recent post from Scotty77 saying he would give it a go. Would be interesting to see their strategies and if/how they would change.
    Posted by Woldulp
    LIkely they would adopt the only real way to beat low limit stakes where players for the most part only looking at their own cards, or in lot of cases. So they would likely play more nitty than at higher stakes, and then play the hands aggressively knowing that they will get called with weak holdings of any kind. Add in bluffing less than at higher stakes where the players are thinking just as much about what you have as they do. Bluffing at the very lowest micros is normally very low return as they just don't see it.

Best way out of the lowest stakes is nromally really simple ABC poker. Bet hard when you have it, get away from it cheap as you can when you don't. You'll get action when you do normally anyway.
  • Options
    gaga87gaga87 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2012
    Was just thinking about posting something like this up but then see this thread. I think "micro master cash" would be cool. Im playing 2p 4p, theres some good games going on. As said above i fall in the category of players who do not have the BR to play on the higher level tele tables. No harm in putting them up and if something good gets played on the tables slot it into the current mastercash shows.